Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Aug 30, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
TwoJima said:
help please...
I'm stuck in genesis: spirit.
it seems like wherever i go, i trigger the "FWOOOooooOOOO" message and end up back at the beginning

Fk that bit took me a long time and i would of asked the forum but i persisted for like 40-60 mins

you have to find a way to not get in the line of the fire spirit, its hard but doing different things will finally get you through soz i cant help much

i just dont want to do it again *shudder*

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:57 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I had a path for Spirit figured out, lemme see if I can do it again.

Although it'd be a lot easier if I could find a way out of Oblivion. <_<

HA! Found the way out. ^_^ In case anyone else saved in Oblivion, go to the right side where the door to Itoh's room is, go through that, then out into the Outer Wall area. Head down to the Egg Corridor, then go into the save room just next to you. You'll end up in Genesis: Water just a short way away from the teleporter.

Anyway, to get past Spirit...

Drop straight down to get the life capsule, then purposely get caught to start over. Drop down again, but don't go into the Life Capsule room. Go right instead and go up. Go forward until you would have to jump up to get into the next little room, but don't jump. Turn around and drop down to go under the large block you're on instead, but don't go into the room to the right, either. Turn around, go back to up, then go back down again. Finally, go right, up, down and out.
That should work, unless I suck at explaining things. ^^;

And, with that, I found another glitch. You can do the boss fight in there again, get the item again (which is impossible, technically), and the door after the boss doesn't open when you use it. Further, Balrog is still gone if you go back to where you find him, but the wall is sealed again, so that's another place you get stuck. I'd suggest collapsing the Graveyard further at some point after you complete it in order to prevent getting in that area again. However, the resealing wall problem probably needs to be dealt with anyway, as going into the save room immediately after Balrog smashes it would probably seal it again.

Aug 31, 2007 at 5:43 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Sep 1, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
I NEVER went thru that path. Yet I'm 100% sure I've been to spirit. It's the place with lotsa houses and torches, if i aint wrong.
yeah and goes FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH which is annoying :D

EDITshit didnt relise im above 800 posts yay :D

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:57 AM
There's more than one path. You're supposed to figure out the pattern of how the flame moves, but I had no clue, I just got lucky. ^_^

Sep 1, 2007 at 7:50 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Very good mod. Isn't Curly supposed to be in the village after you leave the labyrinth? I couldn't find her anywhere. And I'm not quite sure what to do at the moment, so I'm wondering if I'm at the end of the mod.

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:12 AM
Roonil Wazlib said:
OK, when in general do you get the opportunity to enter spirit? And WTF is the FLame
Once you have the Booster and get back to where the entrance is.
The room in Spirit that we're talking about has a flame that moves around, and you get sent back to the beginning if you move to somewhere in a direct line from it.

Atravir said:
Very good mod. Isn't Curly supposed to be in the village after you leave the labyrinth? I couldn't find her anywhere. And I'm not quite sure what to do at the moment, so I'm wondering if I'm at the end of the mod.
She's in the house with the teleporter. Unless you found another glitch or something.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:33 AM
Guy with Sword
I might have. used monster x to get out of the labyrinth, killed the four gaudi things, and exited through the first cave. Went back to the house w/ the teleporter, and only Sue was there. I gave her the address chip, and talked to her again. She said to go find Curly. I entered the teleporter back to the sand zone to get booster 2.0, and couldn't get back.

If someone has a save point just after leaving the labyrinth, could they please post it? I think mine is permanently fried. :D

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:55 AM
Atravir said:
I might have. used monster x to get out of the labyrinth, killed the four gaudi things, and exited through the first cave. Went back to the house w/ the teleporter, and only Sue was there. I gave her the address chip, and talked to her again. She said to go find Curly. I entered the teleporter back to the sand zone to get booster 2.0, and couldn't get back.

If someone has a save point just after leaving the labyrinth, could they please post it? I think mine is permanently fried. :D
Did you get the chest from the Gaudi guys boss?

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:57 AM
Guy with Sword
Yeah...wasn't it the fuel cell?

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:43 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Fuel Cell?
So Chaba doesn't give it? Booster told to speak with him, I did that but didn't got anything... and...
...where do you get that Critter Juice that is needed to get Monster X working again?

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Guy with Sword
Remember the doors that lead you around in circles? Yeah, in there.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:48 PM
Yeah... okay.
That place where Hermit Gunsmith and Malco was (you don't mean that, I'm pretty sure)?
I'll check, thanks.

I checked and I saw some doors in room where are Critters, Buyo Buyos and Gaudi, behind the right and left wall.
Is there some kind of path to the Critter Juice, like this one as example: Left(door), right, left, left and right?

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:43 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sharkenaa said:
Yeah... okay.
That place where Hermit Gunsmith and Malco was (you don't mean that, I'm pretty sure)?
I'll check, thanks.

I checked and I saw some doors in room where are Critters, Buyo Buyos and Gaudi, behind the right and left wall.
Is there some kind of path to the Critter Juice, like this one as example: Left(door), right, left, left and right?
Yep there is. Mess around a bit (I'm pretty sure you'll find out) and you'll find the boss in labyrinth C.

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:00 AM
acclue lockheart
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I'm not sure if anyone's noticed it yet, but if you time it just right you can make it to the egg room without the air tank.

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:30 AM
Guy with Sword
Yup. I though that was where you had to go before I found grasstown.

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Roonil Wazlib said:
Yep there is. Mess around a bit (I'm pretty sure you'll find out) and you'll find the boss in labyrinth C.

I really messed around there... died a few times... didn't find anything...
Maybe I'll have to spend more time there.
By the way: I was able to get far of that Monster X corridor (on the first time i was in labyrinth) without X's help, with only Booster 0.8.