Cave Story: Ashes to Ashes

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:24 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
Thank you. Will be testing it out now.

Edit - Hm, some bugs.
1. You automatically teleport to Price's Chimney after getting the Booster 2.0. :/
2. Going out of the door which leads back to the village area leads you to the LockDown Box.

... And I decided to check your mod with CaveEditor, and guess what? Your mod is pretty screwed.

Starting Health - 2169/5064
Game Starting Event - 369053704
Player Facing - 96927744

No shit Sherlock, your mod is screwed so far. Guess thats why your starting event thing screws up.

*o w n e d*

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM
"Huzzah!"
You're three pages too late and two cents short...

Out of curiosity, I keep seeing "coding" mentioned. Are there any actual changes to the engine here, or is that referring to TSC? Might be worth a look.

Jan 14, 2008 at 12:50 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No he is just confusing people with using the wrong terms :p

I don't think they will ever change the actual engine :o

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Hoxtilicious
He uses the Caret too :/
Download the actual demo, you will see:

MyChar: Ashes to Ashes

diph.php

MyChar: The Crowned Witch ~Christmas Edition

diph.php

Caret: Ashes to Ashes

diph.php

Caret: The Crowned Witch ~Christmas Edition

diph.php

Now don't tell me you wanted to use the "same" colours for damage effects e.t.c. and you just used it because it was faster to replace it with mine -_-"

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I am so sick of this.

To SP: You do not have rights to recolour sprites nor to an extension of a sprite, by the sounds he was going to edit the sprites enough in a later release and still credit you regardless despite the fact that he never needed to do so.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:35 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Dive straight in at the deep end
Makin' you feel like
There's gonna be a war...

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'd like to say, that by the looks of things...

...This mod REALLY doesn't deserve a website... Let alone multiple people working on it.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
ZTaimat said:

...This mod REALLY doesn't deserve a website... Let alone multiple people working on it.
You really want to start a flamewar don't you?

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:08 AM
Luls
ZTaimat said:

I freaking agree. I mean, why the hell does he want SP's .pbm's when he was going to edit them such that they don't look like any other's in the first place!?!

Tis not making sense.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
The Crowned Witch, a modification by S. P. Gardebiter, shall not be credited, as we have had first hand experience of the personality of the developer, who seems to neglect using reason and understanding for those who make mistakes, have time constraints, or are in the process of creating the majority of the modification they have.
So you aren't gonna credit SP? Then delete that MyChar.pbm, and do your own one instead of "saving time" by snagging stuff here and there. Time constraints? Enough time to argue and make a long blog entry but not enough time to just copy and paste sprites from NpcGuest.pbm into MyChar.pbm and arrange them, then proceed to recoloring them? In the time you take to write that post, you could have done that, what time constraints were there? The Caret.pbm too, seriously, get off your lazy butt and stop giving lame excuses like "Oh no, I can make a mistake time and again without fixing the error regardless whether the person involved wants me to. Oh, and I also have this really good excuse called TIME CONSTRAINTS. It may sound awesome and all, but really, its just a hidden excuse for allowing me to do whatever I want and gain pity plus sympathy."
are in the process of creating the majority of the modification they have.
Try again. Believe it or not, you won't be making the majority of the modifications around here. Mainly because you aren't active here, and there are several mods already completed, even though its numbers are few.
we were met with aggression in response
After we asked you quite politely to remove it? But your excuse came up again. "I WANT TO SAVE TIME. THEREFORE, I CAN TAKE WHAT I WANT"[size=-4]"Give them nothing! But take from them! Their headphones!"~United300[/size]
the person you are trying to reason with will take offense when their work is used as a template for an amazingly insignificant part of the modification.
Insignificant? Hm, maybe you failed to notice but... Caret.pbm plays a HUGE AND MAJOR role in the mod, any mod, including the original Cave Story. Hell, its insignificant? Then delete it. When you get a "level up", your mod will crash.
After meeting insulting and patronising remarks, it only seems fair that we make it our goal that your work should never be seen, played or mentioned when the person who made them is a possessive dick.
Shi wasn't being a possesive dick, she just wanted you to.. Hmm.. ASK. JUST ASK. CAN'T YOU BLOODY ASK EVEN ONCE? Hey, next time you go to work in business or some bullcrap, you can just go around the internet and find materials for your bloody research and plagerise it. At the most you will only be infringing copyright which is only punishable by law. Seriously, grow some ballsbrains and think this through. Stop being a center-minded jerk.
We shall continue to be a voice of reason whether you like it or not, and we shall encourage anyone who hears of you to stay away from you as a person, as it seems that you show no freaking respect for those who need a little break.
You want a break? Break your hands, you won't be able to use the computer anymore, THAT, will be a break. Hell, better yet, get paralysed.
It would have been nice if you would have came to a compromise with us, but you felt the need to insult us, so therefore, we shall continue our project without your so-called 'help' until you show a little respect for others unless they don't show respect for you.
We show respect to those who deserve it. Taking things without permission isn't very nice. Would you like it if I took your things without permission? I yank a strand of pubic hair off you without askingsnatch your money, ID, ATM cards, credit cards, etc. without asking, you like that? Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, it isn't that hard to ask. Get some basic courtesy, and we will show you respect. The insulting bit, I ain't too sure. Depends on what you consider insults, if you are that big of a sissy, then sure, take everything to heart.
Feel free to thank our friend after you have finished vomiting on your keyboard.
Only reason people would have vomitted was because of your phail.

tl;dr - Grow up, it isn't nice to take things without asking. Consider everything an insult for all we, or I for the matter, care.

tl;dr of tl;dr - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Did we hurt yur wittle fweewingz?

Edit - Shi or Skye can warn me for excessive trolling. But seriously, I felt it needed to be done.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Luls
Mr Montmorency said:
Will you people stop that?

I said, we used the sprite that pixel made already, started working on the Char.pbm and discovered the same exact copy in Garde's project. To save time, meaning that we had no time to register to a forum and ask, we used the sprite, intending to personalise it, recolor it, and generally make it how we planned. if we didn't take the same file and just did it manually, you would have said the same damn thing, and you still would have accused us of steal your work, even if we didn't admit to using it anyway, so why bother?

Stop moaning about nothing, we happened to use the same sprite to work off of, why the bloody hell would we just make a different one after we find out that somebody used the base sprite already? Because it would be a commercial product, for sale. We did nothing wrong, and we're going to insist that until you all stop b******g.

Alright, drop it, this is a waste of time.

Em please F off cause you're wasting our time with your freaking copied "great-mod".

*vomits*

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Justin-chan
Wait, you are making this game for sale? Or so Metalogz says.. On MSN... Well, you can't, because the engine was made by Pixel AND copyrighted by him, by selling it, you are infringing copyright.

Hell, all you really want is a place in Wikipedia, don't you?

... loljk.

But seriously, the main character in my mod was also edited off Garde's MyChar.pbm, WITH PERMISSION. And it looks nothing [size=-4]much[/size] like the one Garde has.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Luls
Mr Montmorency said:
Will you people stop that?

I said, we used the sprite that pixel made already, started working on the Char.pbm and discovered the same exact copy in Garde's project. To save time, meaning that we had no time to register to a forum and ask, we used the sprite, intending to personalise it, recolor it, and generally make it how we planned. if we didn't take the same file and just did it manually, you would have said the same damn thing, and you still would have accused us of steal your work, even if we didn't admit to using it anyway, so why bother?

Stop moaning about nothing, we happened to use the same sprite to work off of, why the bloody hell would we just make a different one after we find out that somebody used the base sprite already? Because it would be a commercial product, for sale. We did nothing wrong, and we're going to insist that until you all stop b******g.

Alright, drop it, this is a waste of time.

LOL WHAT? FOR SALE? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL

YOU FAG!

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Justin-chan
Seriously, you can't sell it. Maybe you can, but you'd have to ask Pixel first, at his BBS, want a link? Well, I can't give you one, I forgot the link myself.

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Hoxtilicious
Thank you Justin Impulse.

Actually I don't get why some member's are complaining :(
I saw those sprite and wanted to use it, so I tried... I was a noob at pixeling and it was a real pain in the ass, to add the missing frames. Also to choose colours for Caret, recolouring was kinda easy, but I needed colours who fit my mod >_<

So after all that hours, just one member comes and takes it away, he shows absolutly no respect, but want respect himself, in other words, he's acting like a hypocrite. He gives a shit on the time I spend for this. (Allthough it wasn't much, it STILL is that way.) So he uses it without even crediting and asking and when I'm going to tell him, that it isn't okay, he just acts like it's his privilege/right to use it, uses lame excuses, asking nooby questions, calling his mod a "game", he gives a shit about the time spend on the FAQ's, he's just taking and taking and taking without asking and crediting.

His effrontery, just pisses me off a bit, which is understandable to a degree I guess. So I just post here and tell him and he is telling me I'm acting like a kid. After the secound post he just writes a offensive, hyper exaggerated entry in his journal.

Now understand my view.

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Justin-chan
No problemo lassie~
[size=-4]I call people regardless of gender lassie when saying no problemo, so its not a reference to Marlene, relax, lad.[/size]

he just writes a offensive, hyper exaggerated entry in his journal.
lol, I have a blogspot too. And its more exaggerated than his, only that it has no entries related to this forum. Haha.
Now understand my view.
SIR. YES. SIR. Understood, now march out!

Oh and about your... ..."Game", it isn't called a mod because you totally created the engine yourself, totally written in all the script by yourself, and totally compiled the exe by yourself, and its totally your very own original creation with nothing related to this game called Cave Story even though your title has the words Cave Story in it. Yeah... Totally. And you can also totally sell it because you totally did create the game all by yourself.

Oh, and totally ditch the idea about selling the mod, with much love, hatred and sarcasm,
Justin

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
You guys are taking a joke too seriously, that's all.

I don't waste megabytes of my brain on a dumb joke pulled by a freak.