Cave Story: Ashes to Ashes

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Mr Montmorency said:
well, fine. i worded the post incorrectly. You all don't have to jump all of the sudden whenever i post something back. just make sure we're clear.

these 'fail' and posts like that are uncalled for, stop it. i've removed the offending article. i expect you guys not to keep dragging these things on when they're over. lets just talk about the mod, not about my crappy journal post.
They aren't over until you apologise. You did to SP, but your blog was aimed at the whole forums really.

And if you'd thought before you'd written the jounal post, you would have others who are used to giving a much softer tone in criticism.

ZT, I think we should cut out the "leave"s. It's pretty nasty from their part as it is, but that doesn't mean you should give them an excuse to write another blog, because you seem to be pretty close to justifying them.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Having a 13 page discussion about how much you think our mod sucks.

That's unnecessary.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
it isn't 13 pages of how much your mod sucks, it's 13 pages of what you've done wrong with your mod, thus giving you a chance to learn from your mistakes, and POSSIBLY turn things around. However, you seem unwilling to look into any of your mistakes, and you've simply blocked it all out.

I showed your mod to a friend at school, and he facepalmed aswell at how many things were wrong with it.
Said friend hasn't even played cave story.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:41 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
But, I AM willing. Where are you getting that from? Which version were you using?

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:59 PM
The current one >_>

Is there an earlier version...? o___o;;;;

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:04 PM
Well, the one we're working on won't be released for a long time, we're spending more time on it.

There is older versions, but I suggest not to download them.

I removed the spikes myself, but i'm having trouble scripting the chest next to the Gunsmith's house. I've changed the skin like you suggested, and i've made it a Black & Gold color to fit the story. The title has been revamped, and Garde is helping me get some edited .ORGs into the mod. The tutorial will probably get scrapped and replaced, and we'll probably have some dream sequences.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZTaimat said:
it isn't 13 pages of how much your mod sucks, it's 13 pages of what you've done wrong with your mod, thus giving you a chance to learn from your mistakes, and POSSIBLY turn things around. However, you seem unwilling to look into any of your mistakes, and you've simply blocked it all out.
If I recall you said that the mod sucks without giving a reason why. Do you want me to link you to that post?

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:09 AM
My more recent post involving more in-depth critisism than anyone else made up for that. Want me to link you to it?

By the by, what are your own opinions on this mod? I don't think I've read any from you. >_>

Mr Montmorency said:
I removed the spikes myself, but i'm having trouble scripting the chest next to the Gunsmith's house.

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/forums/29/

Look around. If that doesn't help, look around the original game. Anything you need help with is probably already mentioned; just use the 'search this forum' button.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Cheers. Does anyone happen to know where I could find ORG music that the creator may be willing to share?

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
ZTaimat said:
My more recent post involving more in-depth critisism than anyone else made up for that. Want me to link you to it?

By the by, what are your own opinions on this mod? I don't think I've read any from you. >_>
That is because I have never played a single mod. My gaming time is usually on buses and trains with my psp, otherwise I don't have much time to play games anymore apart from the weekends that I usually spend doing other things. My gamecube, dreamcast, PS2, n64 and snes are all gathering dust (well not the PS2 really since I use it as a DVD player :(). This is why I have so much interest in Agora Legends, if it can be ported to PSP then I can play lots of mods, yay! :D But for now all I do is look at the pretty screens. :( Oh well at least I can play the original CS.

Mr Montmorency said:
Cheers. Does anyone happen to know where I could find ORG music that the creator may be willing to share?
SP or Xaser are your best bet for orgs, but remember to ask this time. :p

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:49 PM
Well, Garde gave permission, and unfortunately, the exe crashes whenever i try to put the custom ORGs into it. I asked Garde to do it, and it didn't work for her, either.

Anyone?

Feb 26, 2008 at 5:01 PM
Oh crap. I keep seeing 'her' everywhere. Heh.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
The custom ORGs are probably too large.
You can only replace ORGs with ones of lesser or equal filesize.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mr Montmorency said:
Oh crap. I keep seeing 'her' everywhere. Heh.
SP's sister had a bad habit of using her msn account, so there was alot of confusion about sp's gender.

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM
Nator said:
The custom ORGs are probably too large.
You can only replace ORGs with ones of lesser or equal filesize.

I'll check that, then...

Yes, it's 2kb over, is there a way to change this so the exe will allow it?
It's S. P. Gardebiter's Draven. I'm replacing the title theme.

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
They delete files after a month.

Mar 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Die Mod Die Myafaufuufufahahahahauahuhuhuhfhahahah