Cave Story: Ashes to Ashes

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oh, and a suggestion, do NOT give so much health with just one life capsule, seriously, 10 is ALOT.

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:55 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Sure. 4 will probably do.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:06 AM
Justin-chan
Yeah, at most I would only give 5.

Jan 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Depends on the scenario.
If you've got a lot of free tiles and nothing really hurts you, MAYBE give 1 per Life Capsule.

But if you've got those 10 Damage spikes on every surface, maybe giving 10 or more isn't so crazy...

Just sayin'.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
You stole my old "MyChar.pbm" from Crowned Witch. Not a nice thing, atleast you could have asked me.
If you are talking about the Mimiga Soldier sprite, considering that it is the "MyChar.pbm" extension of one of Pixel's unused sprites I wouldn't be saying much if I were you.

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
If you are talking about the Mimiga Soldier sprite, considering that it is the "MyChar.pbm" extension of one of Pixel's unused sprites I wouldn't be saying much if I were you.

I edited a bit tough. It's a extension like you said too, he could do it at his own. I hate sprite thiefs.

Plus I make a fanwork, a mod, so it's no wonder I use Pixels images. But he doesn't do a fanwork about my mod, Crowned. (Remake, mod of a mod or whatever), if he would it would be okay of course, but he doesn't, so: sprite stealing for making his own mod better.

Jan 9, 2008 at 7:50 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I keep telling you, we planned the same thing you did with the sprite, we took yours to save time, fully intending to credit you. We changed it anyway.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:42 AM
Justin-chan
I keep telling you, we planned the same thing you did with the sprite, we took yours to save time, fully intending to credit you. We changed it anyway.
Yeah, and you conviniently missed the part about asking before using. Right? You won't like it if someone goes up to you, "Hey, I planned on getting this bag sometime. I am rather busy, let me save some time!" *Snatches your bag away*.

Jan 10, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
Yeah, and you conviniently missed the part about asking before using. Right? You won't like it if someone goes up to you, "Hey, I planned on getting this bag sometime. I am rather busy, let me save some time!" *Snatches your bag away*.
SP did say that her sprites can be used without permission if you edited them enough on the first page of the crowned mod thread. Seems he didn't edit them enough.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Hoxtilicious
andwhyisit said:
SP did say that her sprites can be used without permission if you edited them enough on the first page of the crowned mod thread. Seems he didn't edit them enough.

Not entirely right.
That's what I've posted.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
You edit it so much so I can't see that you used my work for a base of your's (This doesn't mean: Change the colour and 3 Pixels or something)

He only changed the colours :p That's not enough.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:36 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:

NUU I Keep missing you online >< anyway

Lol. Well its kind of like infringing copyright you know? You can't take a person's work as a whole and use it in your mod and think that you can get away with it by just giving a puny little name at the very end of your whole mod you know? That sucks.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:56 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Not entirely right.
That's what I've posted.

He only changed the colours :p That's not enough.
You just repeated what I said
andwhyisit said:
SP did say that her sprites can be used without permission if you edited them enough
This is me saying that you said that if he edited the sprites to a point that he wouldnt need permission. Which is a less detailed way of saying:
S. P. Gardebiter said:
You edit it so much so I can't see that you used my work for a base of your's (This doesn't mean: Change the colour and 3 Pixels or something)

andwhyisit said:
Seems he didn't edit them enough.
And this is me saying that that he failed to edit it to that point which means that he would have required your permission to use one of your sprites.

I WAS SUPPORTING YOU ON THAT POINT, WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME

But I still think you don't have full rights to call that sprite your own either. What if someone made that set of sprites from scratch using pixel's original and you accuse them of stealing from you, such a thing would not end well.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:13 AM
Hoxtilicious
Whatever o_o'

andwhyisit said:
I WAS SUPPORTING YOU ON THAT POINT, WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME

lol, please don't overact, thank you!

andwhyisit said:
But I still think you don't have full rights to call that sprite your own either.

That's right.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Justin-chan
Too much e-drama.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Will you people stop that?

I said, we used the sprite that pixel made already, started working on the Char.pbm and discovered the same exact copy in Garde's project. To save time, meaning that we had no time to register to a forum and ask, we used the sprite, intending to personalise it, recolor it, and generally make it how we planned. if we didn't take the same file and just did it manually, you would have said the same damn thing, and you still would have accused us of steal your work, even if we didn't admit to using it anyway, so why bother?

Stop moaning about nothing, we happened to use the same sprite to work off of, why the bloody hell would we just make a different one after we find out that somebody used the base sprite already? Because it would be a commercial product, for sale. We did nothing wrong, and we're going to insist that until you all stop b******g.

Alright, drop it, this is a waste of time.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mr Montmorency said:
Will you people stop that?

I said, we used the sprite that pixel made already, started working on the Char.pbm and discovered the same exact copy in Garde's project. To save time, meaning that we had no time to register to a forum and ask, we used the sprite, intending to personalise it, recolor it, and generally make it how we planned. if we didn't take the same file and just did it manually, you would have said the same damn thing, and you still would have accused us of steal your work, even if we didn't admit to using it anyway, so why bother?

Stop moaning about nothing, we happened to use the same sprite to work off of, why the bloody hell would we just make a different one after we find out that somebody used the base sprite already? Because it would be a commercial product, for sale. We did nothing wrong, and we're going to insist that until you all stop b******g.

Alright, drop it, this is a waste of time.
I just made that exact point about four posts ago, quit assuming that everyone here is against you.
andwhyisit said:
But I still think you don't have full rights to call that sprite your own either. What if someone made that set of sprites from scratch using pixel's original and you accuse them of stealing from you, such a thing would not end well.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:14 PM
Actually, it seems to be a great eye opener that's reminding me that some people are completely shallow.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
To Mr Montmorency: What do you really intend by that statement other than start a flame war? Just drop the subject and move on.

To sp: You don't have to be at the root of every friggin' flaming thread, don't be so quick to accuse someone.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Hoxtilicious
It still doesn't make it better.
If you want to drop it, then just shut up and be happy.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Done. I guess I went a little too far with that, sorry. :eek: