Cave Story Alternate Reality

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:03 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I've decided to cancel CaveRune. Don't be confused. It WAS under dev, but when I replayed the game, it was more like it's own mod. I've decided to make it just that. Don't be angry, but I'm putting a lot of work into this, and I've decided that CaveRune, unfortunately, is canceled. I might come back to it someday, but this game is 10x better. I'm pretty confident in it. I've improved my modding skills a lot, and I think you guys will like this mod.

P.S. No offence if you are, but I feel like I'm the only person right now making Cave Story Mods, so I think that I'll keep making them, for the sole purpose of keeping the game alive all these years. I hope you all are doing well, and I'll notify you when I release the demo.

-Bye for now, Brite.

Mar 20, 2022 at 12:44 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You're technically supposed to have a demo ready before posting in the showcase forum. But in any case, good luck, I hope you're able to deliver on "Alternate Reality" being better than CaveRune. We all improve over time.

P.S. No offence if you are, but I feel like I'm the only person right now making Cave Story Mods.
Not true at all. Within the last few months, we've seen the following mods pop up:
We also recently had a new update from minecraftstorymodefan on Cave Story Season 2. Also, I've seen relatively recent updates that ColdCallerLoopy and 2DBro are still working on ACCS and HEAD MAN, respectively.

And that's only counting the mods that get posted here on the CSTSF, there are plenty of smaller mods that get shared on Discord but for some reason don't get posted here.

Mar 20, 2022 at 3:55 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You're technically supposed to have a demo ready before posting in the showcase forum. But in any case, good luck, I hope you're able to deliver on "Alternate Reality" being better than CaveRune. We all improve over time.

Not true at all. Within the last few months, we've seen the following mods pop up:
We also recently had a new update from minecraftstorymodefan on Cave Story Season 2. Also, I've seen relatively recent updates that ColdCallerLoopy and 2DBro are still working on ACCS and HEAD MAN, respectively.

And that's only counting the mods that get posted here on the CSTSF, there are plenty of smaller mods that get shared on Discord but for some reason don't get posted here.
I am being lazy as hell but I promise I want to work on ACSS lol. Too much school to account for and stressing over two jobs alongside gachas consuming my life but thankfully not my wallet has taken a toll but I still love CS and want to finish ACSS no matter what.
And yeah Brite seriously don't sweat it, just do your best and can't wait to see the demo you drop.
edit: I just noticed Hayden you called ACSS, ACCS. Of course, Another Cave Corey Sequel.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 11:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Currently playing the mod and im cant open the Grasstown door,

Apr 2, 2022 at 12:30 AM
Based Member
I'll be honest, at first I thought this was going to be an April fool's joke, but this actually ended up being an okay mod. Or, maybe it was a joke, and also an okay mod. I got to the end and fought off Maxwell, and I found this entertaining. There are definitely some loose ends, but you really have improved a lot on your modding skills. I liked what appeared to be a custom tileset for the final area, and I feel that your usage of Leef was very fitting. The sense of humor reminded me a lot of minecraftstorymodefan.

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:24 PM
Btw can I get unbanned from the csmc now? I'm balrog btw

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:32 PM
Based Member
I don't have control over whether or not you're allowed back in the discord server, and I doubt the people who do have control will let you back in.

Apr 2, 2022 at 10:31 PM
Bruh.
here's some concept art.

Concept Art.png

Fun fact: Maxwell was a character I made WAY BACK in second grade. Like, we're talking 1998. The other day I found the book I made. It was called like
"Maxwell Eats Soup" or something. Anyways he's a sensitive (hearing) robot, and he wears headphones. He has a little more to him then you'd expect..

Apr 2, 2022 at 11:07 PM
Based Member
Fun fact: Maxwell was a character I made WAY BACK in second grade. Like, we're talking 1998.
I would not have guessed that you're that old.

Apr 5, 2022 at 7:21 PM
New demo out! it's the second demo, and still FAR from complete, but here, take this.

[EDIT: I forgot to add, just load your Profile.dat, and it'll work.]

[SECOND EDIT: Oh yeah if I change the spur to the snake later, it's because I was testing it, and deleted the script for the snake, because it's a different room. So I was playing with the snake the whole time.<NOD<CLRAnd yeah it's pretty much good now.<NOD<CLR<CLO<END

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 10:57 PM
Based Member
Lol, I can't always get around to playing your mod immediately. I work full-time as a software engineer, and even though I'm usually not working evenings and weekends, there are various tasks I need to get done outside of my involvement with the Cave Story community. Sometimes I'm able to get to it the next day, sometimes it may take a couple of weeks.

Apr 8, 2022 at 5:31 PM
Apr 8, 2022 at 5:35 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
BRUH, I LOST EVERYTHING! Ok idc ima make it from scratch again. but better >:)

Eat this: https://doukutsuclub.knack.com/database#my-mods/mod-details/625061941976f8001e54ad52/
Hey uh, there's zero reason for you to add all those collaborators. You do realize that by doing that you are giving those 90 random people EDIT access to the mod... As in they can change anything and even delete the files entirely.

I removed all collaborators because that's a disaster waiting to happen. Don't be doing dumb stuff like that please.

Apr 8, 2022 at 5:36 PM
Hey uh, there's zero reason for you to add all those collaborators. You do realize that by doing that you are giving those 90 random people EDIT access to the mod... As in they can change anything and even delete the files entirely.

I removed all collaborators because that's a disaster waiting to happen. Don't be doing dumb stuff like that please.
It was an on-purpose joke idc if they delete it.

Apr 8, 2022 at 11:51 PM
Based Member
So I got further into Grasstown, and got to the Doctor's lair. He gave me a key and then ran away. I switched to Quote, but I couldn't figure out how to get the teleporter working. Is that the end of the demo, or am I missing something?

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:15 AM
So I got further into Grasstown, and got to the Doctor's lair. He gave me a key and then ran away. I switched to Quote, but I couldn't figure out how to get the teleporter working. Is that the end of the demo, or am I missing something?
The factory got updated recently featuring a parkour level.

Apr 9, 2022 at 4:18 PM
:thumbs_up:

So it's come to my attention that my pacing in CSAR V1 Was kind of bad. The areas were short and not really a big part. so I am going to make some MAIN areas, and I hope it looks better, too.