Another Cave Story Sequel (ACSS) V: 1.19.1

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:00 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dedicated to Andrew "Kenzo" Yang.
----
Quote, Curly and Balrog, hours following their victory over Ballos, were shot down by a force unknown to any of them. Quote must once more to travel through the island, a year after the Doctor's havoc. Work with old friends and make new enemies as you unravel another mystery and liberate The Island once more!
----
With 1.19 I did a crap ton of bug fixes and modifications this last week. I'm posting this update so some people new to ACSS get a completely polished early game experience, and so I can motivate myself to work on this mod again. I won't give up on it but dang it am I gonna take breaks. Sometimes too many for my own good...
1.19.1 fixes an embarrassing bug, oof.
----
p360763-0-acssdownloads.gif

Latest:

Version 1.19.1 - (Uploaded 6/17/2022)
Version 1.19 - (Uploaded 6/17/2022)
Version 1.18.2 - (Uploaded 10/20/2021)
Version 1.18.1 - (Uploaded 10/9/2021)
Version 1.18.0 - (Uploaded 10/9/2021)
Version 1.17.4 - (Uploaded 4/23/2021)
Version 1.17.3 - (Uploaded 4/22/2021)
Version 1.17.2 - (Uploaded 4/18/2021)
Version 1.17.1 - (Uploaded 4/17/2021)
Version 1.17 - (Uploaded 4/17/2021)
Version 1.16 - (Uploaded 2/21/2021)
Version 1.15 - (Uploaded 4/16/2020)
Version 1.12 - (Uploaded 8/10/2019)
Version 1.11 - (Uploaded 5/7/2019)
Version 1.10 - (Uploaded 5/5/2019)
Version 1.06 - (Uploaded 2/24/2018)
Version 1.05 - (Uploaded 2/18/2018)
Version 1.02 - (Uploaded 10/27/2017)
Version 1.01 - (Uploaded 10/22/2017)
----
Check list of things to be added next update (1.20)
[Strike-through is completed, green is low hanging fruit tasks (basic changes that can be achieved within a day), yellow is medium hanging fruit (working on Training Tests or changing up some stuff with the dialogue and such that may take several days depending on my apathy and motivation), red is high ranking fruit (typically new areas or mechanics that will take several days to weeks to fully implement), and purple are ideas that are just conceptual (these are ideas that may or may not be added to the game; they are put here because I need to let these ideas brew in my head before I ultimately decide if I want to make it a feasible goal in the next update).

• Add a description of Pilopaiman and the other Gaudi in one of the books.
    • In the Labyrinth, have an old library. In it you can have older books, maybe a diary by one of the Demon Crown Holders before Date; a book with the old Gaudi and Gaius and a young Rising-Chief Pilopaiman. Maybe a book on medicine for a cure all.
  • Make Mimiga in Mirfield say new things following Kilma's defeat.
  • Dr. Gero battle
  • Work on the next major areas: Grasstown (Bushlands)/Outer Wall/Plantation/The Labyrinth
  • Introduce the main villain
  • Add the Tri-Blade and Sizzler
  • Change Quote's dialogue entirely
  • Reintroduce Kazuma in some way -Not sure how yet-
I know I'm borrowing the hanging fruit metaphor from Yandere Dev but it just works
----
p360763-1-acsschangelog.gif

Latest:
Version 1.19.1 Changelog:
Bug Fixes:
- Removed a sparkling item in Training Test 3 that would just allow you to skip the Training Test. This was a leftover artifact meant solely for playtesting purposes.
Version 1.19 Changelog:

Major Changes:
- Added SBF (Set Booster Fuel) hack, co-created by Brayconn, Txin, and the now late Kenzo (rest in peace we'll always love you for your hard work mate). This hack will be utilized later in the mod.
- And thus had to fix the old TT2 to compensate for the new bug that SBF caused.
- Aegis Pump has been officially completed thanks to Txin; thank you once again for your amazing work! And thank you GabrielTFS for fleshing out the initial concept.
- Replaced Training Test 2 with a new Training Test that is more appropriate for the difficulty curve of that current section of the game
- TT2's original map will be moved up and be used as TT7 (It's still accessible in the files if you're really interested in playing it again)
- TT2 is still in the game in the form of TT?, which can be accessed to the very bottom right of the original Training Test room. Training Tests 1 - 3 must be beaten before accessing though. There's no reward for beating TT?, consider it for the challenge but there's no incentive to do it yet.
- Completely changed the HEF Control Room sequence. Now there is a new boss battle awaiting players and changed up dialogue.
- Greatly reduced the number of Missiles that spawn in Training Tests 3 and 4.
- All three Training Tests now give 2 hp each, an extra life capsule has been placed in the overworld to compensate.
- Changed all of Quote's dialogue to be more consistent with a new direction for his character (alongside dialogue that corresponds to Quote such as other characters reactions and interactions with Quote).
- Dedicated the post credits intro to Kenzo_ITN.

General Changes:
- Added a new story for Jenka to give about the Island's lore.
- In Sand Heights removed several NPC Rabid Mimis. This includes Usagi the Weaponsmith, and the one that gives you the Nazelron's Letter item.
- Changed the way you view which Training Tests you beat. Once you talk to the terminal (1 - 3) or Misery (4), you will see which Training Tests you have completed. Exiting out of the terminal/Misery will deactivate the TT signs. This is mostly a feature that adds some extra flare, and it allowed me to perform some much needed TSC fixing.
- This also applies to the TT? terminal.
- Minor change to some water pipes in the Waterway to be foreground tiles and not background tiles.
- Changed statue following Twin Spirits fight to state something else.
- Changed name of Radical Spirits to Twin Spirits to better fit the tone of the story.
- Changed the pit in the Island's Underbelly to have terminals and not just smoke generators to make it more obvious of where to go.
- Added Night Spirit enemies into Island's Underbelly map.
- Did a general clean up of HEF and Waterway maps, as well as the Training Test maps (specifically TT's 2 and 3), mostly with decoration tiles.
- Changed the sound effect used when interacting with the TT terminal the icons appear.
- Renamed Sarah to Sara to be more unique.
- Renamed "True Bottom of the Island" to "Bottom of the Island."
- Added a book in the Little's house.
- Removed a description in the Mirfield Villas Town Hall fireplace so that it no longer says "a path is behind the fire."
- Prellim gives you a hint as to where to go and if you did it prior to talking to Prellim for the first time, Quote will reassure himself (-slash-you, the player) to talk to Prellim again.
- Added an easter egg dedicated to Romana Dell.
- Changed Kilma's intro dialogue.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a text error in the Town Hall that incorrectly states when the HEF was built (Thanks Lethrys for pointing that out).
- Fixed a bug in TT1 wave 6 where if you killed the fuzz cores, reset the game, and went back to wave 6, killing only 1 would trigger the boss instead of killing both.
- Fixed a bug in the Training Tests where if you beat a Training Test and immediately retried it, the Power Control Flow NPC would drop a tile down vertically. I have no clue why it happens, probably a stray MNP command lying around in the TSC I can't be bothered to find. Slapping a quick additional MNP command fixes it though.
- Added a failsafe in the Sand Heights if you reach the missile gate without missiles so you're not making the trek back to reset the room for missile drops.
- Fixed a minor bug where you can enter the Wind Fortress before talking to the statue and quickly chatting with Malco. Now if you do it will skip the small cutscene when interacting with the statue.
- Fixed a bug where the teleporter in the Wind Fortress used a <MS3 instead of a <MSG for the beginning part.
- Fixed a bug where the Prellim side quest would continue on it's own if you first went straight to the Wind Fortress.
- Fixed as many errors of "The Island" into "the Island", "The Sand Heights" into "the Sand Heights", "The Bottom of the Island" into "the Island's Underbelly", etc...

Personal Notes:
- Making lots of minor text changes because jesus christ there's so many minor errors I haven't caught.
- Fixed a bug in TT1 where the boss' draw order and the terminal's draw order were incorrect so Balrog always ended up behind it. This was one of the oldest bugs in the game and it took 5 minutes to fix lol.
- Removed some H/V Triggers in TT?'s boss that did nothing (they required a flag to be activated but I never set the flag and kept forgetting about it, this was before I knew TSC like I do now).
- Edited lots of text/cleaned up lots of grammatical, spelling, and TSC errors.
- I will start including these changelogs inside the .zip folder for the new ACSS updates when possible.
----
1.18.2 (Released 10/20/2021)
General Changes:
- Fixed a slope in Innermost Catacombs.
- Fixed "guide to The Island" book, it had a text error.
- Changed some minor blocks in the Western Wall to help with the insane jumps.
- Had a flag set so when you defeat the Rabid Mimis in the Town Hall (in Mirfield), an extra block appears outside

Bug Fixes:
- Flying Gaudi projectiles can now be insta-killed by the Aegis Pump.
- Fixed the ending sequence in Grasstown's entrance.

Personal Notes:
- Changed the tilesheet for River2 to remove redundant and useless tiles.
- Renamed tilesheet River2 to just Hydro.
----
1.18.1 (Released 10/9/2021)
General Changes:
- Beds in the Wind Fortress rest area now work.
- You are now barred off from the Inner Liar in the Wind Fortress.
- Removed tile in Mirfield Villas left behind.

Bug Fixes:
- Moved door that leads to Control Room in the HEF back to it's original spot.
- Fixed the first Malco cutscene so that Malco'sCutsceneRoom loads properly. Originally the game would crash.
- Fixed the background tiles in Pilopaiman's Arena
- Made sure the music after Pilopaiman's fight works.
- Fixed Training Test 3's tileset pre-set so it actually loads and avoids the game crashing.
----
1.18.0 (Released 10/9/2021)
New Area(s) Added:
- The Wind Fortress' Fortress segment.

Major Changes:
- Kilma's boss modifications done by Enlight, Kenzo_ITN, Txin, and myself. (Watch a video on the changes here!)
- Most Mimigas in the HEF and Mimigo Villas now have different text after talking to them more than once, many even after turning the HEF's power back on.
- Training Test 4 added.
- Training Test 1 entirely reworked and cleaned up to follow the more current design philosophy I use for today's Training Tests. Tldr: I spent a night ripping the map's NPCs and TSC apart and cleaning it up.

General Changes:
- Changed HEF save room to be a little smaller and no <FON NPC is required.
- Added teleporter coil in Sector E of the HEF.
- Changed all Guadis on death to disappear rather than produce a death animations; death sounds have been changed accordingly.
- Updated Forum thread page to include gifs and redid a few sections; hopefully this gives the page a little bit of a more official feel to it. Also a few words and lines in the introduction paragraph of the thread are changed but nothing major.
- Fixed some text to remove apostrophes in the beginning that indicated slang.
- Redid cutscene between Kilma and Quote to better fit Quote's new language font as I call it.
- Fixed 2 tiles in the Innermost Catacombs where after showing the Malco Card, these two background tiles would turn into air.
- Changed a skull in the Waterway to only give one heart and not several around it.
- Fixed every line of narration to have a <TUR and all non-narration lines have varying uses of <TUR purely for stylistic purposes.
- In the Inner Catacombs gave Snake Launcher and E-Bit mentions proper ='s so they have the circles around them.
As well as fixed a few lines of dialogue with <TURs to start in the middle line.
- Changed bed in Amp's place to be a charging station terminal. Added a terminal in Malco's too.
- Added cutscene skips to all 4 terminals in the HEF.
- Removed a few enemies in the HEF Monster Hive fight.
- Changed "received the voice parts" to "retrieved the voice parts" in the HEF Control Room, because Quote's picking them up, not having them be received to him by somebody. Also removed a circle before the word "the".
- Removed extra shootable hearts in The Island's Underbelly.
- Changed a block in the Waterway to indicate you can walk through it.
- Asperdev made a darker HEF background for me for use in Training Test 4.
- Added the volume button back to ACSS, click it and it works.
- Added Iron Bond, figuring out what to do with it, it will currently serve a similar ancillary role.
- In Training Test 1, when deactivating the Test, an extra unnecessary <NOD was placed after the <YNJ command. This has been removed.
- Fixed a singular background tile in the Training Test Boss Room that was apparently a solid foreground tile.
- All hearts and missiles spawned in by the Training Tests don't disappear anymore. (Aka gave them all <SNPs and made them all change a direction to make the hearts permanent). This change is across all Training Tests.
- Shortened Intermission round in Training Test 2 from 30 seconds to 25.
- Modified the position of 2 Fuzz Cores below the map in Training Test 2.
- Changed True Bottom of The Island to have an enemy sheet that fits the pink hue of the tileset.
- Special thanks to Asperdev for the Pilopaiman sprite, as well as Woddles and SphericalCube for making a new CCL font for my PIXEL.bmp (can be seen on the title screen).
- Sonolomous' name changed to Solomon (as well, changed from "Goddess" to "God" of Love).
- Changed the years Miakid ruled. (Before it was ~24 - ~16, now it's ~19 - ~11, because in CS lore the battle for the third Crown was 10 years ago. And in-between the time Miakid died, the events of CS happen, and the events of ACSS happen, it's been another year at least.)
- Fixed a book in Misery's Training Room to be green (basically to indicate there's nothing to read).
- Changed Life Pot Jenka gives you into the Jellyfish Juice, this item restores 25 hp, and later on can be upgraded into the Life Pot.
- Added a new dialogue for Jenka where she explains the lore of the first Demon Crown Holder. As well I changed some text in the Demon Crown Holders book in Misery's Training Room to accommodate for changed lore.
- Big thanks to both Raymundo and AsperDev for working on the Frog Mech boss sprite.
- Removed Dying Leaf.
- When entering the Waterway boss fight, Quote will react to sounds around him, just something a little more realistic.
- Thanks to a mini-hack by Kenzo_ITN, experience points from the EXP machines spawn much more efficiently now! (This only applies to the 2 EXP machines in Malco and Amp's hideouts).

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Map System; thanks to Brayconn's Improved Map System (again).
- Fixed a bug where dying in the HEF Monster Hive fight would cause the Timer hack to not turn off (basically the flag used originally, 0379, was used in the Innermost Catacombs' Life Capsule; and in the head script not only was the event improperly put in (it was set as a flag jump set to flag 368), but the <FLJ that did use 379 made the game jump to event 0050, the falling off map event and not 0051 which is the custom Timer hack offset command death script that used <ENT). Aka, fixed the bug you can die normally. If the <ENT goes off as you press yes or no on the retry menu you'd get softlocked and would have to ESC + E2 to reset the game.
- Fixed a bug in the Intermission round of Training Test 2 where you could fall through the map before the H/Z Trigger activated; this is now much less likely to happen by accident at least. As well, added new death flags to ensure the Intermission timer turns off if you die whether by falling off the map or dying via enemies.
- Fixed a bug where the <SET command in the HEF Monster Hive fight would break the game when you tried to enter the Save Room.
- Changed the game's folder from "Another Cave Story Sequel" down to "ACSS" because Windows has issues with the length of folder names and files paths, which can lead to issues.
- Fixed an annoying bug in the HEF where certain NPCs post-area weren't disappearing when they were told. Flag 0611 is cursed and I can't seem to fix it.

Personal Notes:
- Changed Cave Editor to have commands <CNV, <DNB, <ENT, <MIM, and <SET for quicker ease of access and so the program stops telling me to check for syntax errors. As well, fixed music ORG list to have the current tracks used in the game as well as fixed a few CRASH NPCs to display what enemy/NPC they are supposed to be (ie., NPC 0188 is the Fuzz Baby and not a random CRASH).

Buffs/Nerfs:
Kilma:
- Revamped boss fight
HP Values nerfed:
- Base HP: 500 -> 400
- HP threshold (the amount of damage Kilma sustains before teleporting): 80 -> 45
- Begin phase 2 (2 rings): 340 -> 200
- Begin phase 3 (4 rings): 180 -> N/A (There is no more phase 3)
Attack pattern:
- During his orb attack, Kilma will attack for double the time, originally it's like 30/50 frames not the attack runs for 60/50 frames. The orbs from this attack are shootable.
- Every 3rd attack, Kilma will (instead of dropping a block) direct a bolt of lightning to the player's position a second will pass before the reticle launches the lightning bolt from above. Bolt deals 10 damage.
- Kilma's shield orbs that turn into bats now have travel in a slightly less than practical direction toward the player. Aka they're a little more inaccurate than they once were.
- Every 20 seconds two missiles will continuously spawn from opposite sides of the map, as well as every 15 seconds bats will spawn to swarm the player.
- The Rabid Mimis in the fight no longer spawn missiles when killed.

Fire Whirr:
- Projectile HP nerfed: 30 -> 18
- Base HP nerfed: 40 -> 35

Power Critter:
- EXP drop nerfed: 7 -> 6

Fuzz Core:
- EXP drop nerfed: 8 -> 6

Stumpy:
- Base HP nerfed: 15 -> 9

Gaudi Armor:
- EXP drop nerfed: 8 -> 4
- Base HP nerfed: 15 -> 13

Gaudi:
- EXP drop nerfed: 8 -> 3
- Damage nerfed: 5 -> 2
----
1.17.4 (Released 4/23/2021)
Fixes:
- Made slight changes to the Western Side of The Island, specifically with the sector of spikes that kinda jutted out
- Fixed a major issue in the HEF Control Room where one of the missile blocks was accidentally removed, you could still shoot the shutter NPC but there was no visible block
Changes:
- Added a book into the Littles' house
- Redone HEF Puzzle sprites courtesy of Asperdev
- Changed title screen font to be what it is on the forum signature
----
1.17.3 (Released 4/22/2021)
General Changes:
- Fixed some <FOM0001s to be <FOM0016s (these are old from the earliest builds of the game)
- Fixed the very first terminal in the game (the one next to the one in Awakening you get the Malco Card) and fixed Amp's name, it still said Bit originally.
- Added back a health and ammo refill station in the Inner Catacombs so you don't have to trek all the way back to Malco's in order to refill missiles
- Fixed Town Hall background to move normally
- Fixed? a bug where pressing q at the wrong time in the cutscene before the Kilma fight would softlock the game
- Added a teleporter coil in HEF sector B (the one that leads to sector E)
- Teleporter icons redone to specify which part of The Island you're teleporting to (M for Malco (South section of The Island), A for Amp (West side of The Island))
- In the Radical Spirits fight, removed Quote's text where he says "Spirits?"
- Made slight changes to the Waterway map and Island's Underbelly
- Edited the introduction of "How to service flooded robots"
- Fixed a tile in the Control Room that was a foreground tile when it supposed to be a background tile
- Fixed a book in the Mirfield Villas to have Island's Underbelly instead of Bottom of The Island
- Fixed a bug where the H/V trigger for the Kilma fight wouldn't be deleted (I changed the starting event to 220 but the <DNP still deleted event 200 when the H/V trigger is now on the 220 event)
- You can now skip the ending sequence of the Kilma fight
- Redid parts of the HEF and Waterway to not look as cluttered, and made a lot of changes to the map itself, lots of minor ones
- Updated the HEF Missile puzzle a tiny bit so it's slightly more clear on what to do
- Updated forum thread screenshots again

Buffs/Nerfs:
Radical Spirits:
- Buffed Radical Spirits HP: 100 -> 125 each

Art done by Asperdev:
- Tri-Blade in the Littles' House has been resprited by Asperdev
- Changed all teleporter icons to correspond with the right Malco brother (red teleporters for Malco, blue with Amp, green is Joules, yellow with Watts) - done by Asperdev
- All teleporter tiles (the thing the electricity actually comes out of) have been resprited by Asperdev so that they look like a proper coil now
- Yellow blocks, Malco/Amp Card, HEF Card, and Malco Brother's icon resprites done by Asperdev
- Made background cave tiles in Catacombs slightly darker, thanks to Asperdev

Personal Notes:
- Fixed more text errors, thanks to Studio Dixel and Woddles
----
1.17.2 (Released 4/18/2021)
General Changes:
- Actually fixed the text Malco says to tell you it's been 4 months, and no longer 13
- Fixed the HEF Monster Hive fight to make it so that you can't interact with the terminal and Mimiga worker when you press q
- Another similar bug was fixed where pressing q to skip the cutscene and start the fight, the timer would end and send you to event 801 when it was supposed to be 807, that's been fixed now.
----
1.17.1 (Released 4/17/2021)
Major Changes:
- Corrected Special Thanks text file to properly credit Asperdev for his contributions
- Corrected ending text to say 1.17.1 and not 1.16
- Updated the screenshots on the forums again
----
1.17 (Released 4/17/2021)
Major Changes:
- Fixed the HEF Hive Boss entirely, the terminal and Mimiga worker disappear for the fight (and reappear afterward), some TSC was also fixed to accommodate these changes, it should hopefully be impossible now to soft-lock the fight (please let know if it still occurs).
- As well, in the Boss, the hidden missiles have been removed and the timer has been dropped from 45 seconds to 25 seconds.
- In The Underbelly of The Island (right before the HEF) I removed the teleporter that was once there and instead added a pathway that leads straight back to the Innermost Catacombs; once inside the Catacombs once again you'll be able to shoot a missile block and gain access to go back and forth. This is essentially to allow people to more easily return to Malco and try out Training Test 2 (since the teleporters don't work until after the HEF you'd be spending a lot of time going back to Malco's just to play what is arguably the most unfair TT of the current 3).

General Changes:
- Updated background in the Catacombs to feature a darker variant of the "bkBlue", edit help thanks to Woddles
- Updated screenies in the forum thread
- New forum signature thumbnail for the mod, courtesy of Asperdev
- Removed any mention of Quote's face in the intro cutscene, as well as Curly addressing Quote about his voice; his face pic is also removed in the Waterway Boss fight
- Remove camera locations of the three E-Bits in the Inner Catacombs
- Moved some enemy positions in the Waterway (specifically the Jellies), and redid some tiles to better fit the water current (basically gave some pools like the top wave tiles)
- In the HEF the terminal at Sector B will no longer show you where terminals of sectors C and D are
- Timeskip is only 4 months now, not 13 months
- The Snake Launcher block has been resprited (by Asperdev) so hopefully they're a little more clear as to where to shoot
- The 4 instructional blocks in the HEF's Snake Launcher puzzle have been temporarily drawn to represent a left and right arrow, checkmark to finalize, and X to reset the puzzle. These block changes are temporarily and will be fixed in a future update (most likely 1.18)
- Gave Sarah's introduction cutscene a little rustling sound to indicate her moving around in the grass (I am not animating the grass)
- Books in the Town Hall (in Mirfield) and Misery's room (Sand Heights) now have tiles with colored books, indicating they can be interacted with for a unique event (idea thanks to Kenzo_ITN from his mod, Fever Dreams of Ascension)
- In Malco's Hideout I added some extra terminals to help give a better idea that he's actually doing stuff and not just sitting around by the teleporter all of the time.
- There is an easter egg where Quote will say "bloody hell" in honor of Romana Dell, the creator of the Quote face pic, who requested this 2 years ago (it was a long time coming, I just seriously forgot, sorry Dell)
- Fixed a bug where talking to the door when the Rabid Mimis mini-boss starts Sarah's face pic will appear instead of Quote's (thanks to Romana Dell for pointing it out, I never would've found it)
- Mirfield Villas' slope resprite by Asperdev

Buffs/Nerfs:
- Reduced enemies in Inner Catacombs, this should hopefully make getting the E-Bits a little easier

Tile Spike:
- Damage nerfed: 10 -> 5

Hanging Bat:
- Nerfed HP: 11-> 8

Circling Bat:
- Nerfed HP: 9 -> 7

Misc.:
- Fixed a bug where after first talking to Malco would activate flag 2000 (the skip cutscene flag)
- Fixed many spelling errors thanks to Woddles' help
- Fixed a tile in the Outerwall, a girder tile, to have a proper background behind it
- Fixed pillars in Mirfield Villas to have proper shading
- In the HEF/Waterway, fixed all of the background pipes so that they don't have a weird line of shadow on their sides, hard to describe, they should just look better now
- Gave statues in the Mirfield Villas proper black eyes (so they're not transparent anymore)
- Fixed a singular red flower in the Red Flower Corridor that was annoying the heck out of me

Personal Notes:
- This update was all achieved in a singular night and proves that development of this mod could've been done by now had I not been so apathetic/lazy/so-caught-up-on-gacha-games-o-o-p-s
----
1.16 (Released 2/21/2021)
New Areas/Challenges:
- The Sand Heights
- The West Side of The Island
- True Bottom of The Island

General Changes:
- Renamed two areas:
- Mimigo Villas -> Mirfield Villas
- Bottom of The Island -> The Island's Underbelly
- In Training Test 3, changed the sprite sheet out so the goldfish missiles look like actual missiles (this was done back in 1.15 but I forgot to change the sprite sheet when developing the Training Test)
- Cutscenes in the Mirfield Villas' Townhall and Outer Catacombs Boss Fight are now skippable
- Made the TSC in Inner Catacombs a lot more efficient for it's E-Bit puzzle; and e-bits 22, 23, and 24 are all now delegated to a single item slot
- Removed the life capsule in Malco's Hideout, going a similar path will yield the capsule from the Innermost Catacombs
- Fixed TSC in Malco's teleporter (after gaining access to Amp's teleporter) so it correctly allows you to teleport to the locations you've accessed
- Fixed a name in Amp's terminal to correctly say Amp, not his old name, Bit
- Changed Malco's teleporter in Amp's teleporter where you need to be in Malco's Hideout to access the Southern Island's teleporters. The Malco Brother's teleporters all still connect to each other
- Added a teleporter into the HEF via Amp's Hideout
- A brand new background for the HEF, special thanks to Jacob Turbo for the help!
- Removed Flash Protection and subdued a lot of flashes that occurred
- Raised starting HP to 5
- Added a skip to the sequence in the Control Room (in the HEF)
- Now you need to turn the power on in the HEF to activate teleporters
- Removed Blue Flame and a few enemies from HEF Monster Hive fight
- Added Aegis-Pump in game, icon originally made by Lethrys, new icon by AsperDev
- AsperDev updated weapon icons, tiles, and items
- Changed the Missile enemy noise to a roar instead of a squeal
- Added the Mimiga workers in the Mirfield Villas outside after you go in the Town Hall
- Fixed some events using the incorrect faces
- Changed all teleportation icons (The block not the teleport icons themselves when you're in the teleporter menu)
- Fixed camera panning in opening map (<FOM0016 after a <FOM0001)
- Fixed a myriad of spelling errors thanks to Woddles
- Lowered Missile Expansions, in Inner Catacombs it's +2, and in the HEF it's +3
- Fixed a bug where you can break Training Test 3 with the Aegis Pump at wave 2
- Added <DNB hack (Props to Txin for creating it) that allows me to delete all bullets fired by the player; this fixes a huge bug in the Training Tests and the Waterway enemy horde fight
- Changed required item needed to access more information in the opening map
- Originally you needed "E-bit 25" (which didn't exist), now you need the weapon Beta Majoris
- New hack added that allows for invincibility frames to still be active during frames, now you won't need to worry about being juggled during Training Tests or enemy wave bosses!
- Changed TT3's boss wave in wave 5, now 3 separate missiles come toward you while you must destroy a singular one with a health bar, the other 3 can be destroyed to make the fight easier, the homing flame is still around to follow the player; the other 3 missiles drop 10 exp each and do 2 damage (The first missile has 150 hp, the other 3 have 60)
- You can now talk to Prellim once you know more of the Rabid Mimis in the Sand Heights
- Added Clownancy's dll mod loader and Brayconn's improved map system
- Minor change to dialogue cutscene after Quote gets his voice, Malco poorly explains what to do next, that's been fixed hopefully.
- Removed homing flame from Waterway Surprise Attack and Training Test 3 Boss
- Added timer into HEF Monster Hive where the ceiling with the frogs will open up if the player is unable to kill them in the allotted time (45 seconds)
- In Training Test 2, during the intermission the timer hack is used during it so you can't just suicide and cheese the intermission
- Changed a Terminal in the HEF to state "you need to activate the power" rather than "Administrative card required" as this is now incorrect information
- Misery's sprite now features orange eyes and green hair to better represent her portrait
- The janitor Mimiga in the Control Room now sweeps his broom instead of blinks
- Added a new pathway in the Mirfield Villas that allows one to go quickly go back to Amp's Hideout without having to go through the Town Hall (only when returning to Amp's, not going from)

Buffs/Nerfs:
Fire Whirr:
- Buffed Fire Whirr Projectile's HP: 12 -> 30
- Nerfed Fire Whirr's exp drop: 14 -> 8

Power Critter:
- Nerfed exp dropped from Power Critter: 12 -> 7

Skeleton projectile:
- Nerfed projectile exp: 3-> 1
- Buffed projectile HP: 4 -> 6
- Damage lowered: 6 -> 4

Crow:
- Nerfed exp drop: 6 -> 4
- Damage lowered: 5 -> 4

Crow & Skullhead:
- Nerfed exp drop: 9 -> 5

Polish Baby:
- Nerfed HP: 10 -> 8
- Exp nerfed: 4 -> 3

Skullhead:
- Damaged nerfed: 8 -> 5
- HP nerfed: 50 -> 25

Sand Croc:
- HP nerfed: 60 -> 34

Fuzz Core:
- Nerfed exp drop: 12 -> 8

Radical Spirits:
- Nerfed HP: 260 -> 100 each

Training Test 1 Boss:
- Training Test 1 Boss fires 5 projectiles instead of 3 and fires them more quickly; he also deploys 6 balls on dropping down rather than 8
- HP nerfed: 350 -> 215

Training Test 2 Boss:
- Training Test 2 Boss fires more missiles, they accelerate faster, but fires them slightly less accurately; and the boss spits you out quickly
- HP nerfed: 480 -> 340

Orange Bell:
- HP nerfed: 80 -> 50

Goldfish Missile:
- Buffed damage by 2 -> 3

Alpha Minoris:
- Changed exp requirements:
- Level 1: 30 -> 20, Level 2: 50 -> 40, Level 3: 10 -> 15
- Buffed range:
- Level 1: 9 -> 12
- Level 2: 10 -> 13
- Level 3: 10 -> 15

Snake Launcher:
- Changed exp requirements:
- Level 1: 30 -> 25, Level 2: 50 -> 35, Level 3: 20 -> 10

Misc.:
- Difficulty in main areas has been reduced to accompany more steady progression
- tldr; the game's easier now
- Training Tests are still brutal though and will remain unchanged overall
- Added hidden missile drops to the HEF Monster Hive fight
- Added Tri-Blade in game (will implement it at some point into the game itself)
- Changed a few rooms slightly (I can't really tell you specifically because I changed a lot of maps in both major and minor ways, just know that I'm trying to make rooms look a little more unique so they're not all boxes
- No this is not like Minecraft 1.16, there is no Netherite in this update (Sorry everybody :C )

New Hacks Applied:
Cyberslueth: Timer hack
GabrielTFS: Aegis Pump (Lvl 1 only right now)
Clownancy: Clownancy's .dll Mod Loader
Brayconn: Improved Map System used in the .dll Mod Loader
Txin: <DNB hack

Personal Notes (Usually TSC stuff/Random bug fixes):
- Fixed some skip cutscene events in the Outerwall and The Island's Underbelly to use <FOM0016 because of camera issues.
- Fixed a bug in the Innermost Catacombs where after talking to the door (after being granted access to the Outer Catacombs), if you didn't skip the sequence, flag 2000 would still be set, and you could then press q in any room that had skippable cutscenes/sequences, assuming you didn't pass another cutscene that would turn off flag 2000 correctly, and it would automatically go to event 500 in said room. (I ended up fixing this issue three times, go figure).
- Fixed a bug in the Innermost Catacombs switching two lines of TSC so when you go through the mid-door on your way to Malco, flag 2000 isn't set (this would cause the same as the other bug from above).
- Changed flags up for Dying Leaf so it wasn't stretching into OOB territory
(Tl;dr, OOB flags are any flag above 7999, which affects the game's memory, and my flags were flags 9000 - 9007, so I moved them all the down to 3000 - 3007, so no more memory harm, assuming it was causing any)
- Made some minor changes to the Special Thanks file (Not including adding new names)
- Fixed a sleuth of bugs in the Training Tests (for example, you could deactivate TT1 and the icons wouldn't load correctly afterward)
- Fixed a bug where you could beat the Radical Spirits and then return to the room and the music would be silent
- Fixed a bug where flag 3306 wasn't unchecked so a random missile in Training Test 3 wouldn't work properly (it didn't break the Training Test or anything but it was an issue I noticed during random testing)
- Emptied out a bunch of useless .pbms in the files that merely took up space
- Any people I have not mentioned for their work will be in the "Special Thanks!.txt" file (Thank you once again everybody who has contributed to this mod! I would be nowhere without you all after all of these years!)
----
1.15 (Released 4/16/2020)
New Areas/Challenges:
- The HydroElectric-Facility Interior
- Mimigo Villas
- Sandy Path
- Training Test 3 added

General Changes:
- Dying Spirits changed to Radical Spirits - consequentially, the Dying Leaf item isn't as important anymore, I'll figure out what to do with it later down the line
- Training Tests actually tell you their first-time reward
- Added some extra hearts, missiles, and exp capsules in a few waves in the Training Tests
- When turning on the "power" in the HEF, an extra platform is turned on in the Bottom of the Island
- Malco Brothers renamed:
- Bit -> Amp
- Memoro -> Watt
- Joulius -> Joules

Buffs/Nerfs:
- Buffed Training Test 2 boss' hp (300 -> 480)
- Baby Polish damage nerfed (3 -> 2), Exp drop nerfed (8 -> 5)
- Fire Whirr projectile damaged debuffed (5 -> 4), now shootable, Projectile HP nerfed (50 -> 12) yes it had hp in vanilla despite being invincible, Projectile doesn't drop EXP, Main body exp nerfed (20 -> 14), Main body contact damage nerfed (10 -> 5), HP nerfed (70 -> 40)
- Buffed Circling Bat's HP: 7 -> 9
- Buffed Hanging Bat's HP: 7 -> 11
- Nerfed Training Test 1 Boss' HP: 420 -> 350
- Nerfed Radical Spirit Boss HP: 320 -> 260
- Night Spirit enemy now has 60 hp
- Training Test 2's boss' missiles are now invincible

Misc:
- New thumbnail art
- Changed some art assets slightly (face pics, tiles, etc...)
- Quote officially has a in-game voice, with face pics by the amazing Romana Dell
- Reworked a lot of the story
- Cut unused faces out of Face.bmp
- In Training Test 2, the Polish enemy was never required to beat, but after every wave following Wave 2, the Baby Polishes will be deleted as to prevent a bunch of them flying all over the place
- New mouse-icon for those playing 640x480 (it's a Tri-Blade)

Hacks Applied:
- CNV Hack (TheCyberSlueth/Rainbow Critter Txin)
- Smart Croc Hack (Rainbow Critter Txin)
- Fireball Velocity ASMing (Me)
- Night Spirit Hack (Started by TheCyberSlueth, finished by Rainbow Critter Txin)
- Smart Missile Spawns Hack (Rainbow Critter Txin)
- Water-Foreground Hack (Bombchu Link)
- Skip Cutscenes Hack (Kenzo_ITN)

Personal Notes (usually TSC stuff):
- Condensed and cleaned up some of Training Test 1's TSC so it's not as cluttered
- Dying Leaf TSC was cleaned up, now it changes depending on the area
- Sarah's face pics are a place holder for now (Romana Dell is helping me produce them)
----
1.12 (Released 8/10/2019)
- You can now toggle "Flash Protection"
- Yes it has a name now
- "To start something something new... We must destroy the past" added to the opening
- Added map for Mimigo Villas and Bit's Hideout
- Working on the HEF finally
- Bit has been added
- Once you reach Bit, Malco's and Bit's hideout will act as hub-teleporters, the locations in them will simply teleport to the areas in that sector
- EX: You can teleport to Malco's hideout from Bit's hideout, but you can't teleport to Bit's hideout from the Waterway teleporter
- Removed Beast Fang in Waterway
- "Malco Hideout A" is now just called "Malco's Hideout"
- Had to remove health bar in spirits fight due to a bug where you can kill the left and preemptively end the fight early
- Tried to fix the tiles between the Inner/Innermost Catacombs and Malco's Hideout (making it less claustrophobic)
- Removed Inner Catacombs life capsule
- Working on this for 2 years hurts
- Reworked Dying-Leaf to have it's item text correspond with the area it's in, has a default text depending on the circumstances.
- Worked out lots of minor bugs and issues
- EX: Fixed CSS and SSS stream sounds when inside and outside the HEF and Waterway (Old Cabin doesn't count as inside the HEF/Waterway)
- EX: Fixed a bug where you could accidentally do the Waterway boss infinite times because I forgot to disable the boss' H/V trigger
- Added HEF-Card
- Removed Iceball for the time being
- Snake Launcher range increased
- Alpha Minoris major debuff to not make it as broken
- I will start attaching the changelogs to each update
Buffs and Nerfs:
- Major Nerf to the Alpha Minoris' range, damage, and number of hits
(New values)
- Level 1: Damage 1, No. of hits 2, Range 9 | Level 2: Damage 2, No. of hits 2, Range 10 | Level 3: Damage 3, No. of hits 2, Range 10
- Buffed Snake Launcher's ranges:
(New values)
- Level 1: Range 60 -> 70 | Level 2: Range 80 -> 90 | Level 3: Range 100 -> 110
- Slight buff to Night Spirit's HP (300 -> 320), decrease to projectile HP (15 -> 12)
- Nerf to Guadi Armor exp drops (15 -> 8) and decreased contact damage (5 -> 3)
- Nerf to Fuzz Core exp drops (12 -> 8)
- Nerf to Fuzz Core minions exp drops (6 -> 3)
- Nerf to Jellyfish exp drops (8 -> 4) and nerfed HP (14 -> 8)
- Nerfed HEF bats (hanging) HP (14 -> 7) and nerfed HEF bats (circle) HP (15 -> 7) and exp drops (6 -> 3)
- Nerfed HEF critters exp drops (6 -> 2) and nerfed HP (10 -> 9)
----
1.11 (Released 5/7/2019)
- Got the <FLA repair to work
- Redid Dying Leaf text
- Fixed teleport bug where I accidentally set an already set flag (the one that applies to teleporting to the Hydro Electric Facility)
- You can deactivate test 1
- Max hp currently 14
- Better game icon
- Nerfed waterway boss waves
----
1.10 (Released 5/5/2019)
- Removed "Impending Calamity"'s room title
- ASM-ed (thanks to Txin) THAT THE SPIRITS FIGHT IS THE FIGHT I ALWAYS DREAMED OF - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
- Can shoot the bullets but to compensate, they were buffed with more hp and a bit bigger hitbox, most noticeably their tail-hit-box
- Made Balrog-Training-Boss' eyes more pale-blue than pink, not only do the pink look weird, but it doesn't even make sense canonically to ACSS' story
- Redid Training Test 1, round 4, to not suck (Basil on floor, and some orange bells and critters work), and added a new wave 3 (now 6 waves) - including a new boss fight for wave 6, just a few more enemies but meh
- Moved every enemy outside the map
- Slightly redid 1st Malco cutscene again (Now the original place the brothers were in was the Doctor's original lab)
- Made Curly & Balrog's eyes a faded-blue to better represent their death and not as "servants of the core virus"
- Nerfed Life Capsules, removed secret capsule in Bottom of the Island
- Night Spirits are recurring every time you pass through Outer Catacombs after Spirits fight (depends on side you enter on)
- No music in Outer Catacombs until after boss fight.
- Working on preventing problems with epilepsy (the <FLA command)
- This will come out next update
- Working on "skip cutscene" hack, special thanks to Kenzo
- Reworked some cutscenes - invariably, the story
- Removed door sequence in Innermost Catacombs, now you just go from one door to another.
- Redid Weapon messages.
- Extended Bottom of the Island that leads into pre-HEF
- You can now fight the Waterway boss properly
- All teleporters up to this point work
- Changed opening again
- Redid screenshots on Forum page
- Removed ACSS_Saves folder because it felt redundant and weird to just "give" the game away by using it's various save profiles
----
1.06 (Released 2/24/2018)
- Added teleportation to from the Waterway to Malco/Outer Wall
- Cut out a dialogue in Water way
- Redid some enemies in Cave of Mystery
- Some spelling fixes
- Minor bug fixes and small tile changes
- Training Test 2.0 is technically, and officially added
- Misc. changes I forgot, most extremely minor
----
1.05 (Released 2/18/2018)
- Set starting hp to 3
- Added Outer Wall/Bottom of the Island
- Completed Training test 1
- Added Training test 2
- Added Map System in Malco's first cutscene
- Added teleportation to the Outer Wall
- Tweaked various cut-scenes in small ways
- Malco now gives the player the "Malco card" instead of the "Malbot key"
- Added Waterway area
- Working on eq+ command.
- Added a sick opening scene like Mario Odyssey
- Redid enemies to have pink-ish eyes; all part of the Loopy style?
- Fixed some spelling/grammar errors
- Redid minor areas and rooms in small changes
- Added new items for cute descriptions of the weapons in the game
- The actual weapons in the arms slot now says the damage and exp count
- Added Bit? Kinda, and Memoro and Joulius
- Shout out to Bubbler and Safusaka for sprites and mock-ups they are awesome guys!
- Watching The Office with my twin brother helped to pass the time when I was in a road block for ideas
- Messed around with water and currents, it was a nightmare.
- Kill all the Jelly fish, there's no reward...
----
1.032 (Released 12/7/2017)
I forgot what was added or removed here, this is really for documentation sake.
----
1.02 (Released 10/27/2017):
- Fixed every known spelling and grammatical error. (Shout out to SeasonsOfDestiny for the biggest list, you helped make this mod less of a mess!)
- Re-tweaked some tiles every area to work better with the game's physics.
- Intro now skips if the player dies but doesn't save.
- Fixed title screen to say ACSS...
- Fixed some more miscellaneous flags and made doors black so the backgrounds don't display them as transparent.
- Added Teleporter blocks (Seen as "T/E")
- Added one extra room and item.
----
1.01 (Released 10/22/2017): Game released
----
p360763-2-acssscreenshots.gif

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_12.png
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_14.png

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Looks like "Not a Choice" is the name of your new mod.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:33 AM
lol
Oct 23, 2017 at 8:39 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Looks like an Interesting mod! Does anyone know if the mod (or any mod for that matter) could be easily ported to mac? CS and mods are a pain to run though wine.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:30 PM
lol
Looks like an Interesting mod! Does anyone know if the mod (or any mod for that matter) could be easily ported to mac? CS and mods are a pain to run though wine.
I don't know if there's a way to port mods to mac as of now, at least not officially if I'm aware. IIRC, this was also brought up a few years backs, this problem has always persisted.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:36 PM
I don't know if there's a way to port mods to mac as of now, at least not officially if I'm aware. IIRC, this was also brought up a few years backs, this problem has always persisted.
Well that sucks. Love CS but hate windows. Do you know of a way to run CS and CS mods via wine? It always brings up the error message for when you take CS out of it's folder, which wine is doing.

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:15 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
i like alpha blast or ACSS

i want to name my game to
also is yours like a super pro game, a good game or a bad game in quality (like are there a lot of major glitches and things?)
also is it like 10 minutes to finish, unfinished (planned length???), or like 1hour+?

also what should i name my game currently its walrus story but im spending a lot of time on it so i don't really think walrus story fits it (not related to walruses at all)
oh thats right you dont know anything about mine

ok back to your game i bet its pretty neat

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:18 PM
what should i name my game currently its walrus story ... i don't really think walrus story fits it (not related to walruses at all)
Then why would you name it walrus story

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:22 PM
Then why would you name it walrus story
i did that a long time ago

also by the way coldcallerloopy i started playing your game and i think its the BEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR
its really good i think

I also like that triangle generator thing what did you replace it with? the thing that looks like the hearts but for the triangles
the game is really great
like super great

like if it was on a scale of 0-100 i'd give it a 99 only because i saw like 2 capitalization mistakes but everything else is super super superb
yay
ok and now i have a dragon saying fly fly fly

your game is fun

edit: ok i take it back now its 150/100 because i like that training thing and everything is just so awesome

i really like how theres a story line ish thing (even though it doesn't have to be perfect)
you're really good with those cutscene things i need to add that to my game too

I also like how yours still looks normal, sometimes games are just so different from cave story its barely even a cave story mod anymore so i like how its different, but still similar

also did you edit the npc.tbl thing to make the different death sound effects for critters or bats? or did you run event on death and make an event playing sound xxx (I think the first way is easier)

oh by the way are you making a secret ending? I hope you are that would be cool
also i got that hidden chest with the snake launcher

edit2: ok so i played more and i'll have to give it a 204/100 because i found some glitches (I gave it higher though because i liked more of it)

so glitch numero uno is that you can keep getting that hidden chest for the snake launcher ammo (dont worry i only used it once to play fair)

and number 2 is near the E-bit 23 theres an diagonal part and it pushes you down until you get stuck in a block
besides that i like it

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
ok i'm gonna play this why not.

None so far. Walrus Guy said it was the BEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR. Lets see if that's true. Time for "Untitled Yet 2".

1. Nice intro.
2. Title screen has a faint vanilla scent to it.
3. mmm that text is crisp. this is really nice. if i had to give this mod a score i'd probably add 500 points just for this. actually, i dont see why i'm not scoring this mod. it seems its time for a revival, of- vb's (ludicrous and nonsensical) revieeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

You know the drill!
We've been over this. It seems pretty good so far.
1. Nice intro. +1.
2. Title screen is vanilla. : / -1.
3. crisp text +500.
4. curly's mouth in that "AH! What's happening?" facepic : O... I think I'll deduct 5 points... Maybe fix the edges of the mouth. (and move the jaw lower)
5. curly and balrog die. 10/10. +1 for creativity, unless you just used the death sound for no reason. If this is the case, I will deduct 10. (not sure, so nothing was added or deducted)
6. quote falls from the sky and somehow ends up in a cave. this is not ok. -5.
7. interesting terminal... not sure what to think.
8. malco can give you a key through the internet/call. -2?
9. wow you somehow made the slopes solid. +10.
10. wait nevermind if you jump through the side you go through it again. -15.
11. i just phased through a wall in the cave of mystery and cant get back. is this supposed to happen?
12. I died and didn't save. it brings me all the way back to the intro cutscene. -300 for not adding skipflags.
gonna stop there
Score: 188/12.
Bonuses: Custom art bonus (+5)
Final score: 193/12.

this mod is truly the BEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR.
NOTE: if my review seemed harsh in any way know that i am very sorry and did not intend to harm anyone.

I like it.

This mod is pretty good. I only played maybe 5 minutes of it but I think its pretty good (as i just stated in the previous sentence). Loved the stuff with Malco. This mod looks very promising and I can't wait to see more of it in the future, including a title.

Oct 24, 2017 at 1:46 AM
lol
ok i'm gonna play this why not.

None so far. Walrus Guy said it was the BEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR. Lets see if that's true. Time for "Untitled Yet 2".

1. Nice intro.
2. Title screen has a faint vanilla scent to it.
3. mmm that text is crisp. this is really nice. if i had to give this mod a score i'd probably add 500 points just for this. actually, i dont see why i'm not scoring this mod. it seems its time for a revival, of- vb's (ludicrous and nonsensical) revieeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

You know the drill!
We've been over this. It seems pretty good so far.
1. Nice intro. +1.
2. Title screen is vanilla. : / -1.
3. crisp text +500.
4. curly's mouth in that "AH! What's happening?" facepic : O... I think I'll deduct 5 points... Maybe fix the edges of the mouth. (and move the jaw lower)
5. curly and balrog die. 10/10. +1 for creativity, unless you just used the death sound for no reason. If this is the case, I will deduct 10. (not sure, so nothing was added or deducted)
6. quote falls from the sky and somehow ends up in a cave. this is not ok. -5.
7. interesting terminal... not sure what to think.
8. malco can give you a key through the internet/call. -2?
9. wow you somehow made the slopes solid. +10.
10. wait nevermind if you jump through the side you go through it again. -15.
11. i just phased through a wall in the cave of mystery and cant get back. is this supposed to happen?
12. I died and didn't save. it brings me all the way back to the intro cutscene. -300 for not adding skipflags.
gonna stop there
Score: 188/12.
Bonuses: Custom art bonus (+5)
Final score: 193/12.

this mod is truly the BEST EVERRRRRRRRRRR.
NOTE: if my review seemed harsh in any way know that i am very sorry and did not intend to harm anyone.

I like it.

This mod is pretty good. I only played maybe 5 minutes of it but I think its pretty good (as i just stated in the previous sentence). Loved the stuff with Malco. This mod looks very promising and I can't wait to see more of it in the future, including a title.
I'm glad you enjoyed the mod, is there a way to give me some pictures so I can know where some of those issues were? I'm glad you enjoyed the text, I wasn't all too sure if it was good enough, I felt indifferent about that the most when making the first demo. And yeah don't worry, you weren't super harsh, I won't give away anything in the story.
I do intend however to give the robotic purpose of Quote and take it to the an extreme, with Quote being able to travel through electrical blocks, use lighting to teleport, and have the island become more modernized, with electricity and having it become part of the island.

I do need to use a skip flag thing for the intro, that's a good idea, I'll add that next update. I'm not sure how to change the slopes, the problem is that I don't believe I can edit tile ids, it's more a aesthetic thing. If you can tell me what wall stopped you from advancing I would appreciating it. Believe me, I'm a terrible artist, I'm very much still learning how to do art, I can definitely fix Curly's face a little.

I'm currently attempting to use more custom art assets, it allows me to be a little more flexible with the type of things I can do like items and such. I hope you keep coming back!

Oct 24, 2017 at 1:59 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I do intend however to give the robotic purpose of Quote and take it to the an extreme, with Quote being able to travel through electrical blocks, use lighting to teleport, and have the island become more modernized, with electricity and having it become part of the island.
you should have quote have to switch bodies at one point. maybe he gets in a really tough battle and barely makes it out alive and is thrown into the core room and has to transfer his mind into one of the broken robots. then maybe later on he could get an improved body with way more health/other upgrades. On that note, how come Quote goes back to 5HP at the beginning of the mod when he has 55 at the end of CS? I think you should give his HP back, but make the levels a lot harder. Then if you use the idea I mentioned, it could become more challenging as the new robot body he's in is less durable. just an idea, you dont have to include it.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:06 AM
lol
you should have quote have to switch bodies at one point. maybe he gets in a really tough battle and barely makes it out alive and is thrown into the core room and has to transfer his mind into one of the broken robots. then maybe later on he could get an improved body with way more health/other upgrades. On that note, how come Quote goes back to 5HP at the beginning of the mod when he has 55 at the end of CS? I think you should give his HP back, but make the levels a lot harder. Then if you use the idea I mentioned, it could become more challenging as the new robot body he's in is less durable. just an idea, you dont have to include it.
I get where you're coming from with this and it can definitely work. I'd very much have to keep that on the back burner since I'm currently nowhere in the game right now. I like the idea don't get me wrong, but we're not there yet and I'll be saving it so I can consider it when we get there.

And for the sake of convenience in a video game, having low hp just allows creators to build up level design again, Jenka's Nightmare, Lost land, etc, all sequel mods do the same thing with bringing your character back to low hp and building up again through life capsules as always. I also feel that in games like SAO Hollow Realization, your character does so much damage but I don't feel it amounts to anything.
The logic I tell myself is; would I want a game where you do 600+ damage but the bosses have 50,000+ hp, or do 5 damage and bosses have 400 hp, it doesn't feel as long and is more tangible.

With starting at 55 hp, I'd feel this would mean Quote would have his weapons again, which would make the enemies probably be more abundant and start at maybe 40 hp and end at 100+ which me personally doesn't feel right.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 2:24 AM
hey just curious are you going to add a secret ending?
hopefully i really like this one
probably my top 5 favorites (so far) at least

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:56 AM
lol
hey just curious are you going to add a secret ending?
hopefully i really like this one
probably my top 5 favorites (so far) at least
I would like to add some kind of secret ending, but like I said to Cyber, the issue is we're not there yet. If there was something like Jenka's Nightmare redux 2.0 (staring Dante from the devil may cry series - & knuckles), then I can definitely consider it, but the problem is this mod is too early in development to consider something like that. I really do appreciate what you think would be cool, but more time is needed for it to happen.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Might as well check this out quickly. Please note that at the time of writing this I haven't really looked at the other posts, so I might be repeating stuff.
I can immediately see that this is a sequel mod, and the intro tells me that there is some effort in this mod, which is nice.
Errr... but you might want to explain how Malco can give you a key through the computer.

p360781-0-7tfhdh.png

The use of nonsolid blocks here is fine, but if the player were to jump and hold right, they would clip right through the slope because of their messy mechanics. I would recommend putting the right slope higher, myself.
First having a few critters that actually make you have to wait if you don't want to get hurt, and then getting a life capsule that also restores hp is great, easily reminds people not to try and storm past. I really like it.
p360781-1-tghrk3.png

Though the doors that come afterwards have transparent tiles behind them, which looks weird.
What also looks weird is Malco's facepic, his mouth and shoulder have smaller pixels than the rest, if you know what I mean.
Oh this gets done more with other facepics too, but they DO show a bunch of emotion!

Oh boy, a cutscene that actually shows you stuff instead of a person just explaining stuff to you, something I miss in quite some mods, and I like it.
And the free experience charger feels handy.

p360781-2-esx7gj.png

This doesn't particulary make me happy, I expected there to be some hidden thing. I already accidentally backtracked because I thought the teleporter brought you to a completely different place, which got me slightly confused.
Oh I see now, one gotta hit the brownish tiles with missiles to continue, though I don't like to think what'd happen if a poor sap came there without charging the missiles up first. Why does it have so much health that I have to hit it 3x3 times?
Don't get me wrong, this is a cool idea. But the execution is a little weird.

p360781-3-kv5f20.png

Are... are you telling me I can't go up here? Why?!
Oh nevermind, I wasn't hinted on this but apparently the wall on the right is non-solid, but I doubt everybody would notice this.
Ooh, throwing hearts at the player with use of the scroll effect looks good.
Could've placed a save point after the boss though, probably don't need to explain why.

All in all I'd say that this looks very promising, aside from getting stuck I had a pretty good experience with this and I'd really love to see what you'll make of this!

Oct 24, 2017 at 3:09 PM
lol
Might as well check this out quickly. Please note that at the time of writing this I haven't really looked at the other posts, so I might be repeating stuff.
I can immediately see that this is a sequel mod, and the intro tells me that there is some effort in this mod, which is nice.
Errr... but you might want to explain how Malco can give you a key through the computer.

p360781-0-7tfhdh.png

The use of nonsolid blocks here is fine, but if the player were to jump and hold right, they would clip right through the slope because of their messy mechanics. I would recommend putting the right slope higher, myself.
First having a few critters that actually make you have to wait if you don't want to get hurt, and then getting a life capsule that also restores hp is great, easily reminds people not to try and storm past. I really like it.
p360781-1-tghrk3.png

Though the doors that come afterwards have transparent tiles behind them, which looks weird.
What also looks weird is Malco's facepic, his mouth and shoulder have smaller pixels than the rest, if you know what I mean.
Oh this gets done more with other facepics too, but they DO show a bunch of emotion!

Oh boy, a cutscene that actually shows you stuff instead of a person just explaining stuff to you, something I miss in quite some mods, and I like it.
And the free experience charger feels handy.

p360781-2-esx7gj.png

This doesn't particulary make me happy, I expected there to be some hidden thing. I already accidentally backtracked because I thought the teleporter brought you to a completely different place, which got me slightly confused.
Oh I see now, one gotta hit the brownish tiles with missiles to continue, though I don't like to think what'd happen if a poor sap came there without charging the missiles up first. Why does it have so much health that I have to hit it 3x3 times?
Don't get me wrong, this is a cool idea. But the execution is a little weird.

p360781-3-kv5f20.png

Are... are you telling me I can't go up here? Why?!
Oh nevermind, I wasn't hinted on this but apparently the wall on the right is non-solid, but I doubt everybody would notice this.
Ooh, throwing hearts at the player with use of the scroll effect looks good.
Could've placed a save point after the boss though, probably don't need to explain why.

All in all I'd say that this looks very promising, aside from getting stuck I had a pretty good experience with this and I'd really love to see what you'll make of this!
It brings me joy to hear people having fun, and i'm glad the only issues so far are small details which I can easily fix.

For the slope you can clip through, I never thought of that and it will be dealed with. I should definitely fix the door that leads to the Inner Catacombs so it's actually a door. As for the key Malco gives you, I understand why many are confused about it, I want to keep the motif that things can be done more robotically and electrically, but if it helps i can always make it a key card, similar to the one used in the egg corridor. As for what you thought could contain a secret: Maybe.....

The tiles that you use missiles on, I borrowed the entity used in shutter no.4 in the core room, considering you have 10 missiles, 15 max as of now, i should change it to 2 max missiles worth. And I plan on having the room after the spirits fight be a save room which leads to thr outer wall.
Stay tuned for update 1.05 in a month or something (I can't wait to look at this 2 months later in disappointment)

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:10 PM
just want to point something out so we can make this game perfect

make it so you can't keep getting that +5 missile chest because if you get it, save (or exit a room) you can get it again
also if you go to the outer catacombs, and enter back to the inner the pulse music still stays
otherwise its cool i like the outercatacombs its great

oh and i really like how those floating hearts appear once you beat the boss
yay that was so much fun

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 8:12 PM
lol
just want to point something out so we can make this game perfect

make it so you can't keep getting that +5 missile chest because if you get it, save (or exit a room) you can get it again
also if you go to the outer catacombs, and enter back to the inner the pulse music still stays
otherwise its cool i like the outercatacombs its great
Ahh, I completely forgot to delete that NPC, I should do the same for the e-bit blocks as well.
And I noticed the issue with Pulse after uploading, I can definitely fix those!
Should I release V: 1.02 which addresses all the current errors up to this point or wait until V: 1.05 with it all together?

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Ahh, I completely forgot to delete that NPC, I should do the same for the e-bit blocks as well.
And I noticed the issue with Pulse after uploading, I can definitely fix those!
Should I release V: 1.02 which addresses all the current errors up to this point or wait until V: 1.05 with it all together?
1.05 with newwww things