Cave Story 2?

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:27 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I dunno man maybe the 25th anniversary of Cave Story will produce something :0000000 :sue: :toroko: :muscledoc:

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I was about to say the 100th but then I realised the Cave Story legacy might not last that long. :(

The only way a Cave Story 2 would be plausible is if someone was to actually create one themselves. Or write fanfiction if they're desperate, I guess.

Quite frankly I think a Cave Story sequel would only work for one of the three endings, and it's not the best one.

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Random-storykeeper said:
The only way a Cave Story 2 would be plausible is if someone was to actually create one themselves. Or write fanfiction if they're desperate, I guess.
I think this guy might be onto something. Has anyone tried this?

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Feb 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Professional Whatever
Enter half of the mods on the forums

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
What are you going to believe, that one interview from way back or the innumerable BBS responses since then saying that he isn't working on a sequel and has no plans set in place to make one?

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Ive had actually been working on a Cave Story 2 Mod, but I haven't touched on it for a mounth. I got to get back to it,

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
There probably will not be a Cave Story 2. At least, definitely not one made by Pixel. None of the endings in Cave Story leave a whole lot of room for a sequel.

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
PewPewPew said:
There probably will not be a Cave Story 2. At least, definitely not one made by Pixel. None of the endings in Cave Story leave a whole lot of room for a sequel.
Yeah, I know. I just don't want to be disapointed that we won't see at least something Cave Story related by Pixel.

I love the creativity of the other mods this forum has produced. These will fill my "No sequel" hole in my heart...

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Didn't Pixel say he wasn't even going to touch Cave Story again?

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Random-storykeeper said:
It's more likely we'll see the playable Cave Story beta released before Cave Story 2. And everyone knows how probable that will be.
Except Pixel seems just as firm as with CS2 that he doesn't have any plans to release that.

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have Gero Blaster (and a release of Rockfish) than a sequel. There really isn't a need for a sequel, and making games you don't really want to make is just overall bad.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Professional Whatever
EnlightenedOne said:
Except Pixel seems just as firm as with CS2 that he doesn't have any plans to release that.
That's kind of the point
He's saying cs2 and cs beta are never happening

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Not Happening

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
jj4226 said:
What if, the reason Pixel is so late releasing Gero Blaster, is because he is working on another project? And, if so, he could be working on the sequel of Cave Story. Here's two reasons this could be true.

1. Pixel, in a interview 3 years ago, said that there was a very likely see a sequel.
link: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/cave-story-3d-3ds-and-cave-story-2-27578365/

2. This year is Cave Story's 10th anniversary. I doubt Pixel would forget about it. (I certainly hope not; Capcom totally forgot Megaman's 25th anniversary and that wasn't pretty)

What do you think, plausible or crazy?
I swear, I wanted to punch Crapcom in the face after that.
Oops, I'm sorry, Capcom...
Just sell Megaman to Nintendo, they've done more with Rock in SSB than what you've done in years..
Also, I read somewhere deep in the internet that Pixel said so himself that Curly Brace died in all endings except for the best ending, and without Curly, there's no Cave Story.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Here is the article.

Nicalis, the company that handled porting and publishing of the game to consoles, held a discussion at PAX South yesterday and may have inadvertently - or otherwise - spilled the beans. At the end of the panel - which was headed by the company founder, Tyrone Rodriguez - an eagle eyed fan noticed a desktop icon on the home screen of the Macbook they were using to present, titled "Cave Story 2". When the fan asked Rodriguez about it, he said that he "hadn't noticed that shortcut icon". When asked directly whether or not they were working on a sequel, he responded with, "maybe, maybe not."
So it's very clear that Cave Story 2 discussion had been beaten to the ground until this point in time. What I was not expecting was something like this to happen, and now more than ever before there seems to be some possibility of a sequel in the horizon. Of course, this is still just a rumor, but it brings up some points of discussion nonetheless.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Jan 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM
Professional Whatever
It's done
Cave story is officially over

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
not only is it clearly a joke but cave story is 10 years old now