Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Stop whoring out your shitty links.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
Stop whoring out your shitty links.

Seriously, fuck off if you don't like it.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Justin-chan
I don't have to fuck off. You can stop posting it or you can listen to me bitch.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
I don't have to fuck off. You can stop posting it or you can listen to me bitch.

Did you know that the world doesn't revolve only around you?

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Pronouns: he/him
The first link was teh best lol I only watched part of the others... crazyyyyyyyyy
But, what was with the girl's voices? Chipmunked??

I still like the girrly man song much better [I posted this earlier] [Indian Thriller]
Best random phrase : "Please don't buy the bald seal..." *squeeal* WTF?!

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Luls
X-Calibar said:
The first link was teh best lol I only watched part of the others... crazyyyyyyyyy
But, what was with the girl's voices? Chipmunked??

I still like the girrly man song much better [I posted this earlier] [Indian Thriller]
Best random phrase : "Please don't buy the bald seal..." *squeeal* WTF?!

xD I watch that one too. Dam funny XDDDD

Apr 3, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I just finished "King of Bandit Jing". Great anime but there is no real end to it, it just finishes with a normal story that spans 3 episodes and a few things are left unanswered, like Jing's adventures continue on like normal yet we can't see them, maybe the movie will give me something to finish the series with.

Has anyone seen "Final Fantasy Unlimited"?

Apr 3, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
a few things are left unanswered

like trigun V_V?

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Justin-chan
Metalogz said:
Did you know that the world doesn't revolve only around you?
DId you know it doesn't revolve around your links?

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:46 PM
Luls
andwhyisit said:
Has anyone seen "Final Fantasy Unlimited"?

WHAT? FINAL FANTASY?

*instert spammage of "!"'s here*

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:27 PM
Indie game enthusiast
I never watched Final Fantasy Unlimited... [well I saw the first episode..] Heard it wasn't real FF material [well the good kind]
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2439.php
He rated it between B and D!! Some episodes were quite nice, while some were "....."

I'd love to see a real FF quality series made...
I never did go see that FF7 movie.

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:59 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Hey! Uploaded a few videos to youtube~
Preview of Ever17
Preview of Utawarerumono
Preview of Planetarian
Preview of Fate/stay night

The quality is not the best... Each one is a 10 minute preview of what the beginning of the game. Like a Let's play video but without my comments :)
If you find the text hard to read, full-screen might be worth trying...

I think I'd like to create 10 minute previews for all the games I think are great. But, then again just posting these wasted a day of free time lol

EDIT: I haven't found a good way to make these videos yet... I had a 300 meg video, which in order to import for some reason I had to turn into a 26 GIG video, and then it allowed me to compress it to a 16 meg video lol

FRAPS works for OPENGL stuff if you have a speedy computer, Camtasia is what I tried...; it worked as you see, but not without crazy troubles. If only I had bought that perfect capture program.. that I can't remember the name of for the life of me.

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:55 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
X-Calibar said:
FRAPS works for OPENGL stuff if you have a speedy computer, Camtasia is what I tried...; it worked as you see, but not without crazy troubles. If only I had bought that perfect capture program.. that I can't remember the name of for the life of me.

use hypercam,
do you have these games?? ill look at the videos when i get a chance, i would download these but most of them are like 500mb-2gb each :/

Apr 4, 2008 at 5:03 AM
Indie game enthusiast
xristosx said:
use hypercam,
do you have these games?? ill look at the videos when i get a chance, i would download these but most of them are like 500mb-2gb each :/
Yep... Well, the only one I haven't bought yet is the Planetarian CD version... [that adds the voice [I already bought the download version]]; the rest I spent a small fortune on lol
I've gotten to the point where I don't mind spending a lot of money when it's something that I like. Visual Novel games like Utawarerumono or Ever17, fan-created games like Cave Story or Within a deep forest, doujin games like Pale Crescent Moon or Trouble Witches... I'd pay money for games like Cave Story.

I see something in them that I can't find in blockbuster hits that I see when I look in the local electronics stores or online like EBGames/Gamestop.
*looks through the games advertised*
... mmmm I think I got brainwashed by anime, cause all the regular games just don't look that exciting ;p They look like they'd be fun to mess around on. Like I love to jump on a racing game or a sports game and just screw around lol Then I see shoot em up games or bloody action games, GTA4 probably fun to mess around lol I'd love to drive off a bridge in a semi causing the city to explodel ol Then jump out and go on a spree.
I just see a lot of the same kinds of games I grew up playing, of course now with awesome graphics, but it's the same old, same old. It feels hollow compared to the limited budget games that people get really creative on. The only game that caught my attention and I just decided to pre-order ;p
Is Persona 3 FES, crazy good price; and the game sounds strange and interesting lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyV9jrMSnww - opening

EDIT: I'll checkout hypercam~

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:03 AM
Indie game enthusiast
I want games that have lasting value. Stuff I haven't seen before. Or something told well that holds my interest.
These are the kinds of games that I want to find.

It's the reason I turned to anime, I've seen tons of movies, watched lots of TV growing up; and it just got stale. Really good stuff appears every once in a while. But, anime was just a world of different. And what sold me of course was my love for games. And anime only was like a natural extension of what I liked about games.

My first anime was Record of Lodoss War. It reminded me of what I thought of the first Square RPG I played, and of those Dungeons and Dragons type games... like Baldur's Gate...
Final Fantasy 2 US/4 JP was so classic because it introduced so many new ideas that were just wild. A world of magic, kingdoms and monsters. Airships that fly the skies. Paladins and summoners... It was the first game that really threw all that at me.
I guess I'll stop before I really go off on a thousand tangents lol
And leave you with this Utawarerumono song ;p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_jhyavK_E

EDIT: here's a good thing to talk about...
Have you found it???

Have you found a game or anime or something that just captures your imagination or attention?

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:56 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
http://acid-play.com/download/an-untitled-story/

My friend says it's awesome. I say it's crap.

well ive played that too and i like it XD
but im stuck on it,

if you played the game for 5 mins then of course your gonna say its crap, you need to give games a chance,

like when i saw a pic from cavestory i thought "what is this piece of crap"
luckily i decided to play it because of the 99 % rating :D

Apr 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Respwnt
xristosx said:
well ive played that too and i like it XD
but im stuck on it,

if you played the game for 5 mins then of course your gonna say its crap, you need to give games a chance,

like when i saw a pic from cavestory i thought "what is this piece of crap"
luckily i decided to play it because of the 99 % rating :D
No man, I played for a lot and I didn't like it. CS was hard, but it was fun. This is hard, but it sucks for me >.>

Apr 5, 2008 at 12:19 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
No man, I played for a lot and I didn't like it. CS was hard, but it was fun. This is hard, but it sucks for me >.>

yeah its probably a game preference then :/
most of the freeware games i like ppl say are shit

Back