Noxid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• According to my dream, Noxid died because he found every prototype build of Cave Story, and that he had Nicalis top secret files.
    Topazz
    Topazz
    Actually he's still active on twitter
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    He is an indie dev these days.

Actually... a few of our older members became indie devs. GIRakaCHEEZER and nightmargin (Nighth) made Oneshot. Noxid and HyMyNameIsMatt made Vernal Edge.
    dan_crim
    dan_crim
    didn't know him before yesterday
    and it's an honor to talk to him in twitter
    his heart still belong to cave story
    You left us at exactly 6,000 messages!
    HaydenStudios
    HaydenStudios
    I'm pretty sure he did that on purpose.
    Binary
    Binary
    Perhaps, although then I’d just be surprised he didn’t say anything about it. About leaving I mean.
    yo noxid, i can't use boosters lab, its being dumb
    Serri
    Serri
    Here's the two major issues with it that were pointed out years ago while it was under development by Leo, and to this day they still haven't been fixed (Leo moved on to Minecraft modding and Noxid moved on to game dev).

1. Deletion of all vanilla maps will corrupt the mod executable.
    2. The built in guides do not work on Windows 7.

It's also been packaged with redundant stuff like JRE vs No-JRE, and a version of BL was included that allows four layers of tiles to be used, even though there was no hack publically distributed for the feature, making it useless.

v500 can already do everything that v511 can do, including modding CSE2, it is more stable in terms of the programming, and if you are scared of not having the hackinator hacks in the version, you can always transfer the hacks folder to the new directory, Hackinator has been a feature since v404, there is no reason to think why the xmls can't be read. And even if you want to mod Cave Story + (even though it's been severely recommended against doing so), v451 can still do the job.
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    Oh ok, so I've been using the v511 recently just becauseof the more Hackinator stuff so if I transfer that over to v500 i shouldnt notice any difference?

If I've already used v511 is that going to mess up my mod because of the "1. Deletion of all vanilla maps will corrupt the mod executable. "
    Serri
    Serri
    If you haven't deleted every map (including Map 0), then you're fine. And yeah, there is zero difference on the Hackinator, it's been the same since it was properly implemented in v404.
    27072513_1549696601750882_8200401417355727259_n.png
    For at least months when I joined here I saw the forehead ring on the Umbreon in your signature as a fucking disproportionately large and discolored eyeball and the image didn't make sense to me until I realized...it was a fucking Umbreon. Which shouldn't have been a "realization" in the first place, but hey.
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    I think Noxid retired.
    Binary
    Binary
    Yeah, I noticed that after I posted this, not gonna lie. You'd think there'd be a statement or something, but nah. Wonder what happened?
    i think it's really funny how many people sign up / reappear to say like "wow this place is so dead.. omg.. woah..."
    TPDraco
    TPDraco
    Wake up Serri, you've been in a coma for 17 years!
    Serri
    Serri
    Oh no, it's 2002, I'm 7 years old, and MiraiGamer doesn't even exist yet!
    Mr.Mold
    Mr.Mold
    This place that I used to go to still exists?! Bonkers
    This is a really dumb question, but is it possible for someone to get banned because they asked to be banned?
    Mint
    Mint
    I mean if you ask an admin to delete your account they probably will just do it.
    Actually there's little choice left for them if you are European.
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    Yes. Asking to be banned is a thing.
    BLink
    BLink
    I mean Hayden did it indirectly about 3 or 4 years ago on his Cave Story 2 thread.
    incredibly thankful that the update allows you to save your filters for "most recent posts" view, so I dont have to press a separate button to view read and unread
    what if someone made a game in the forum games where you could play cave story but it would all be talking
    so you could say things like "go to santas house" and stuff but you wouldn't say things like move to the left one tile because thatd be too complicated

but itd be cool because once you got one of the endings you could look back and see your whole story and it would be neat
    are you allowed to make something like that or would that be considered spam if the whole thread was really big even if the posts werent exactly the same
    Do life capsules not need their flag id's set to never appear again once you use them?

Because in the original script that's what seems to happen
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    I'd just like to add that the flag will be set when the npc is deleted, no exception. I've come to find that the "don't appear if flag id set" bit doesn't affect this (but is the most noticeable way to find this out and is what tends to cause problems)
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    so if you really didn't want it you could do some run on death script and unset the flag

is "unset" the right word?
    where would i put a cave story game thats not a mod of cave story

but its cave story related??
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    Either "Cave Story Discussion" or "Showcase".
    Noxid
    Noxid
    theres the modding showcase or an indie games section
    whichever fits better
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    i think it should go in showcase

im not sharing it today hopefully someone plays it i just have the idea and stuff so far but i think i know something of how to make it
    im not really sure where to ask questions about the forums (not requests or anything but just questions) but ill ask here because you seem like you know stuff about stuff

do signatures have a character limit
    and if so are can you add more if you make a spoiler?
    and do spoilers have a character limit?
    Noxid
    Noxid
    If it's a game you can make a thread in forum games specifically for that. But you can't just do it anywhere
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    i see maybe sometime ill make a giant spoiler puzzle or something and you have to click through all these spoilers to find the right way and at the end is a prize or something thatll be pretty neat!!!
    Noxid
    Noxid
    yeah that would be pretty neat
    the cave story website says updated march 13th news links or something

but its MARCH 12TH???

did they make a mistake
    or is timezone stuff weird
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    oh yeah sorry i guess i messed up as well

well i guess they didn't really mess up

watch your language though!
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    It's a timezone thing. Add 15 hours to your current time and that is me.
    Walrus_Guy
    Walrus_Guy
    it is 2:00 am for you
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…