Cave Story Tribute Site Forums

Serri
Serri
It lasts for 9999 ticks. There's not really a way for it to last forever. It's not like people are gonna wait for 3 minutes and 20 seconds to wait until what happens right after the <WAI anyway
ItsAutumn
ItsAutumn
If you want it to wait for ever, do something like this:
[MAIN EVENT HERE]<WAI9999<EVE0201
<WAI9999<EVE0202
<WAI9999<EVE0201
[END]

#infinteloopsarefunrightguys
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
oh i remember doing something like that but if you delete the <WAI9999s it just crashes the game...
Serri
Serri
@ChampionDude345 Wouldn't it be more efficient if you just did this?

[MAIN EVENT HERE]<EVE0201
<WAI9999<EVE0201
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
an infinite loop on itself??
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
But if you do this in-game, you'd need something like <FRE to move around? And even then, you wouldn't be able to access your inventory with the <FRE command, so where would you make this <WAI9999 useful in?
Serri
Serri
Ending the demo/mod, I can assume
ColdCallerLoopy
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
or if you want to do something like "You should not have checked in this chest a second time because it was clearly empty, your game shall end now muahahaha" and then do a forever <WAI9999 so they have to do the ESC and f2 instead of waiting 3 minutes or something
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
You could also just do an <ESC or <INI command.
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
but you don't want the player to be lazy so you force them to do it to show that the game is not as easy as they thought :O
ItsAutumn
ItsAutumn
or you can make it so you have to interact with some character like toroko and all she does is start the game over again and scream "KASUN-"
I mean, "Tokoro!" and then you restart the mod.
I wonder what I got that from?
Serri
Serri
Can't even spell the first part of Kashungo right. S M H
Walrus_Guy
Walrus_Guy
i dont know but tokoro is like toroko but not toroko since some letters are switched
Serri
Serri
Tokoro is the japanese name for Jelly Jiggler from the hit anime "Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo"