Show off your org music...

Nov 10, 2022 at 6:54 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Here's some originals I haven't posted here. Some are recent, one is not as recent. Overlay, Rupert's Day, and Hidef were all written on guitar first before I transcribed the parts I needed by ear into orgmaker.
HERE <--- is also a collection of my personal favorite originals I've made over the years and all the covers that I can identify with proper naming. Incomplete tracks should be named accordingly. These are free to be used as a resource for modders in need of ORGs, as long as credit is given.
Ninety

Overlay

Rupert's Day

Hidef

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:49 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ascension - ORG Demake

Drive Mirror
Time Taken: ~2.5 hours
Description: Organya demake of Ascension (Valley of Ivory Dust) from Chromatic Shift - me, Infinityβ and GalacticSilver's Modfest 32 submission
Made with the same org waves as the original, minus the LFO vibrato and wave-shapers

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:38 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I fell a bit behind on this, but got some time this morning to catch up on these compositions!

@2DBro
Ninety:
Kind of soft, "pressing onward" kind of tone

Overlay:
Felt a bit choppy at the beginning, but is decent afterward, and gets kind of interesting.

Rupert's Day:
Got my attention right off the bat. Had a nice satisfying tone that I could picture during the finishing credits of a game.

Hidef:
I like it, this can fit in a variety of different scenarios, and you make an interesting use of some of those lesser used drum tracks.

@AquaDoesStuff
Aqua, I always love hearing your music! The different tracks all blend in so nicely. Sounds a little bit better in its original form, but the ORG format still carries a good mystical feel to it.

Jan 1, 2023 at 6:22 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is my first org that i've finished. I tried to make it faithful to the original. Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Dynamite Headdy - That's the Way the Boss Is Killed (link embedded because website seems to have trouble playing the org)

(01/27/23 EDIT: I'lllll just leave a few more of my orgs down here and hope that they make someone's day)

Recreation of Tech3.org

Dynamite Headdy - Tonight's A Jazzy Night

Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru - The Prince's Adventure

Wario Land II - Underwater Tunnels

Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic (Past)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 4:31 PM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Backlogging this thread is awful because there's so many dead links due to temporary hosts, missing Mediafires, and worst of all, the dreaded Discord cdns. I wonder if there's any point sifting through the pages with something like Wayback. Now I'm thinking how nice an archive repo would be but I doubt anyone around here scraped or hoarded some data.

Meanwhile I'm really vibing to each of your tracks, DrippingYellow. I have no complaints even if I haven't heard of the original songs before; it seems like you're a natural at this.

I've just been notified of this actually. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...OfvAvfcbgendqfZiwVZ26ZLnw/edit#gid=1962217907 Damn.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 3:37 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Amazing work, DrippingYellow! Happy you recreated a track from Wario Land II, one of my childhood games, and Palmtree Panic sounds as good as ever.

Feb 23, 2023 at 4:47 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Amazing work, DrippingYellow! Happy you recreated a track from Wario Land II, one of my childhood games, and Palmtree Panic sounds as good as ever.
Meanwhile I'm really vibing to each of your tracks, DrippingYellow. I have no complaints even if I haven't heard of the original songs before; it seems like you're a natural at this.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked them! I'm still proud of how Palmtree Panic turned out.
Anyways, dead forum, amirite? someone suggested I post a few more of my orgs here, so enjoy. I may or may not keep this up :debug:

Dynamite Headdy - Hustle Maruyama (Part 1 Only)

La-Mulana - Mr. Explorer (this is my personal favorite org so far :orangebell:)

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:45 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I love cryptic puzzles and think we need more La-Mulana ORGs. I think this is. Like. The second one I've heard in my life?
Anyway, I like the ORG version, sounds pretty neat~

Pretty cool songs you've got here--

(Though deciding to play all of them at the same time is a bit crazy, haha--)

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:05 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
i finally figured out how embedding ORGs works, again, though i still have no certainty that it's 100% foolproof. why do some linking methods work and some don't anyway?
so i wanted to dig into touhou orgs again and i picked touhou 10's extra stage theme because i like it a lot
except i did it a MASSIVE disservice the first time i made it (that's what i get for not listening to it enough before transcribing notes) and it sounded fairly bad, all the melodies are fighting each other and it's very messy
the very next day i started again, from scratch, and i think the result is PASSABLE at the very least. the melodies are no longer fighting each other, and while i'm sad that i only dedicated a single track to the trumpets this time, it sounds a lot better overall, so maybe that's a fair trade. being limited to 8 tracks really makes you have to choose, and i'm very bad with choices
maybe i should have lowered the volume near the end, the entire magical harmony of four instruments playing similar notes at once could dig into one's ears
oh well, please tell me how i did, i need some attention again ( :

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:08 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
@Hina Great work! The first version isn't bad, but the second version does sound a bit less 'busy'. The instrument choice is great, and it really gives that distinct Touhou feel while still maintaining the org aesthetic. Nice job!

...also, what a coincidence! I just tried doing Touhou 1's stages 1-5 theme (Eternal Shrine Maiden). Although I chose the version featured in Touhou 5's music room - it features a bunch of pianos playing it out so you can just look at the notes there and copy it down :mrgreen:
Tbh I am kind of lost on how to choose the right instruments, and on how to do the drums right (they aren't included in the depicted notes...). It almost sounds like a different song?

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:40 AM
hi hi
i love eternal shrine maiden

the music room version sounds roughly the same as the one in akyuu's untouched score, is it actually the same one?

your version reminds me of SOME version of pc-98 touhou with your instrument choices but i can't quite put my finger on it... LLS maybe? oh whatever, what matters is that i like your arrangement
if it helps you in any way i'll toss in my arrangement from *some* time ago so you can, i don't know, compare the drum choices or something :p it's not the same version though, mind you, i referenced both the original and the akyuu's at once

edit: not sure if it's the right tip since i'm not the best at music, but i find it helpful to try and "separate" the tracks by ear and then hand-pick instruments in the ORG one by one to match them
doesn't really work with chords and more complex instruments sadly

edit2: it's unrelated but i'm kind of happy seeing you around here after all that time, @IdioticBaka1824
i get nostalgic seeing people who i have interacted with back when i used to be more active around here

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 12:43 PM
hi hi
i am going to DOUBLE POST

i bet all of you love to see some improvement, and i think i have just the right thing to share
i decided to re-do that one arrangement of nankatsu team theme that i did one time because the old one did not feel exactly right, the whole "solo" part wasn't even remotely correct
for reference, this is the old org from... oh wow, 2014. it's been almost 10 years

and now i finally get to the point, the NEW and FRESH rendition of the same theme... as new and fresh an NES song can be
i feel like i got the "solo" part instrument mostly right, the bass is clean, but i couldn't find a suitable pick for the main melody so i think i left it with wave66 because you can rarely go wrong with wave66, such a lovely saw
i probably could have used some vibrato or volume adjustments in the main melody bits but no matter what i tried it didn't resemble the original well enough in my ears, so i left it at plain notes ( :

now i'm waiting for hayden to play through hhsr so i can put this org in the game

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:11 PM
the music room version sounds roughly the same as the one in akyuu's untouched score, is it actually the same one?

your version reminds me of SOME version of pc-98 touhou with your instrument choices but i can't quite put my finger on it... LLS maybe? oh whatever, what matters is that i like your arrangement
if it helps you in any way i'll toss in my arrangement from *some* time ago so you can, i don't know, compare the drum choices or something :p it's not the same version though, mind you, i referenced both the original and the akyuu's at once

edit: not sure if it's the right tip since i'm not the best at music, but i find it helpful to try and "separate" the tracks by ear and then hand-pick instruments in the ORG one by one to match them
doesn't really work with chords and more complex instruments sadly

edit2: it's unrelated but i'm kind of happy seeing you around here after all that time, @IdioticBaka1824
i get nostalgic seeing people who i have interacted with back when i used to be more active around here
Oh boy, that was a fantastic arrangement :o! The way you layer instruments adds that... shimmering quality (i don't know how else to say it) that I thought wasn't possible in orgmaker. I will need to take notes from your work! It honestly sounds better than the original in some way, if I'm being honest.

i bet all of you love to see some improvement, and i think i have just the right thing to share
i decided to re-do that one arrangement of nankatsu team theme that i did one time because the old one did not feel exactly right, the whole "solo" part wasn't even remotely correct
for reference, this is the old org from... oh wow, 2014. it's been almost 10 years

and now i finally get to the point, the NEW and FRESH rendition of the same theme... as new and fresh an NES song can be
i feel like i got the "solo" part instrument mostly right, the bass is clean, but i couldn't find a suitable pick for the main melody so i think i left it with wave66 because you can rarely go wrong with wave66, such a lovely saw
i probably could have used some vibrato or volume adjustments in the main melody bits but no matter what i tried it didn't resemble the original well enough in my ears, so i left it at plain notes ( :

now i'm waiting for hayden to play through hhsr so i can put this org in the game
I checked out the first version (2014, huh... that does bring back memories...) and I was like 'sounds pretty good, what would you really do to change this?' and then I heard the second version and it really blew me away. Maybe because it's from an NES song but it sounds very 'clear' if that makes sense. And yet there's that sense of depth that makes it sound like I'm listening to a physical sound chip or something, not sure how you managed that. Anyways, amazing job!

Kind of underwhelming to share my stuff now, but I just wanted to put out two doodles I made awhile ago:
NewData36:

This is kinda lacklustre, i was mostly practicing with the drums i guess

NewData37:

not sure what to think of this one tbh. a bit noisy near the end?

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:34 PM
hi hi
Kind of underwhelming to share my stuff now
never feel discouraged when sharing org creations, especially if they are your original compositions! even if it doesn't feel "up to par" in your eyes, it's always practice, AND you can get some feedback and opinions on what you could work on : D

i could never figure out how to make these "intensifying" sounds, i think they have something to do with volume controls, they kinda zoooom in. drums in orgs can be fun to play around with, especially if you use high-pitched hihats or low pitched snares/toms, you can make them sound so different
i like the intro in 36, and the final drums do sound good. the song gradually picks up instruments and it sounds pretty nice, they synergize fairly well and lead to aforementioned drum bonanza, neat!

37 caught my attention more though, like the "buzzy" instrument bringing in atmosphere, it kinda sounds like a song you'd find in cavestory. as for the ending, there's a lot of stuff going on but i wouldn't call it "noisy". it gets better the more you listen to it though
oh and once again, i like the drums!

i think the effect you like in my eternal shrine maiden arrangement could be me using different frequencies in the instrument tab, you can check that out in orgmaker, it's a lot of fun to mess around with

i come once again to share things because i went on a spree over the weekend
this song made me want to have an org arrangement of la-mulana songs because i just love how fast-paced this boss theme is
i know it's not that cool to "praise" your own creations but when that 28th measure hits my head just bounces on its own
oh oh, and it's based on the original version of the theme, not the remake

one of my favourite area themes from the game, and one of the least fun to navigate because of ICE PHYSICS
i wanted to make it more "metal" but once again i hit the wall of 8 instruments and my lack of skill
i can't seem to replicate that specific la-mulana feel the original has, and that was *mostly* the one i was going for, though this arrangement in particular i based on both the original and the remake

likely my favourite area theme from the entire game, also one of the most annoying to traverse because of the tower itself
and also one of the most difficult to recreate properly because you can't exactly add that nice echo and those deep-sounding... instruments the original has (because once again i based this arrangement on the original theme)
it gets loud because of the sheer amount of stuff going on but at least i TRIED to balance out the volume, hope it doesn't blast your eardrums

i actually felt a lot of satisfaction having done all of these and i don't get that feeling often, i will try to make a few more but then i'll run dry on ideas again, i believe
also, is it just me, or does the non-browser orgmaker sound a little better? it feels like the javascript one is slightly less accurate sometimes, but it's not too noticeable in most cases

@Cibryll i summon you, i promised you la-mulana

Mar 16, 2023 at 5:00 AM
never feel discouraged when sharing org creations, especially if they are your original compositions! even if it doesn't feel "up to par" in your eyes, it's always practice, AND you can get some feedback and opinions on what you could work on : D

i could never figure out how to make these "intensifying" sounds, i think they have something to do with volume controls, they kinda zoooom in. drums in orgs can be fun to play around with, especially if you use high-pitched hihats or low pitched snares/toms, you can make them sound so different
i like the intro in 36, and the final drums do sound good. the song gradually picks up instruments and it sounds pretty nice, they synergize fairly well and lead to aforementioned drum bonanza, neat!

37 caught my attention more though, like the "buzzy" instrument bringing in atmosphere, it kinda sounds like a song you'd find in cavestory. as for the ending, there's a lot of stuff going on but i wouldn't call it "noisy". it gets better the more you listen to it though
oh and once again, i like the drums!

i think the effect you like in my eternal shrine maiden arrangement could be me using different frequencies in the instrument tab, you can check that out in orgmaker, it's a lot of fun to mess around with
Interesting analysis you have. "it kinda sounds like a song you'd find in cavestory" is very high praise though :muscledoc:
I had never noticed the frequencies option... or maybe I did and was scared to mess with it? Either way thanks for pointing that out, imma check out how it works!

this song made me want to have an org arrangement of la-mulana songs because i just love how fast-paced this boss theme is
i know it's not that cool to "praise" your own creations but when that 28th measure hits my head just bounces on its own

one of my favourite area themes from the game, and one of the least fun to navigate because of ICE PHYSICS
i wanted to make it more "metal" but once again i hit the wall of 8 instruments and my lack of skill
i can't seem to replicate that specific la-mulana feel the original has, and that was *mostly* the one i was going for, though this arrangement in particular i based on both the original and the remake

likely my favourite area theme from the entire game, also one of the most annoying to traverse because of the tower itself
and also one of the most difficult to recreate properly because you can't exactly add that nice echo and those deep-sounding... instruments the original has (because once again i based this arrangement on the original theme)
it gets loud because of the sheer amount of stuff going on but at least i TRIED to balance out the volume, hope it doesn't blast your eardrums

i actually felt a lot of satisfaction having done all of these and i don't get that feeling often, i will try to make a few more but then i'll run dry on ideas again, i believe
also, is it just me, or does the non-browser orgmaker sound a little better? it feels like the javascript one is slightly less accurate sometimes, but it's not too noticeable in most cases

So I went and checked out the original tunes and regrettably didn't find them to my taste... but I gotta say, something is to be said for your technical skill! Your renditions are very accurate, despite working with different instruments and stuff. I always find that pretty impressive.
I get what you mean about that feeling of satisfaction... but yeah, it's not something you can count on often. Don't burn yourself out!

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:54 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

DID. SOMEBODY. SAY. LA-MULANA?! _

But yeah, silliness aside, I like these~
They sound great!

(And of course I'd also go and listen to all three of them at once… XD )

Mar 20, 2023 at 8:39 PM
hi hi
it's me again
i kinda lost motivation for reasons i won't specify so i haven't produced or transcribed anything until yesterday
at least i picked myself up and made a single transcription yesterday
i spent a few hours on this around noon, then i went out and played football and got absolutely wrecked, and then i went home and did not actually finish it; i picked the instruments and fixed volume issues today in the morning
i made my friend sad by showing him the above org and then telling him that it was not, in fact, my own composition
that, in turn, made me sad, and i ended up producing something quick and meh because i haven't composed my own orgs in a while now
it's very simple, has alright bass and good drums, it's nothing particularly special otherwise
and lastly, i found something from september that i don't remember sharing here so here it is
i don't really remember finishing this so it's a surprise it exists, not much to say about it though

somebody please tell me how music keys work, do i have to only use the notes in a specific key or can i use all of them as long as they don't sound bad? or do specific notes not want to interact with each other

Mar 26, 2023 at 11:16 PM
hi hi
i might have a problem, or i might need a hobby

i always liked this theme despite its simplicity, or maybe the simplicity has drawn me in?
it has that slightly lonely tone to it, maybe that's it

please ignore how uneven it looks in the org player, i felt like a lunatic making this

aside from the minecart theme this is probably one of my faves from that particular game. when i was younger i really wanted to find a midi of it so i could have an org arrangement of it, but i could not really find it
after all these years though, i managed to make it

thank you @DrippingYellow for suggesting the game's ost to me
no sunsoft bass for you : ( not only did i fail to recreate it, but i also ran out of instrument tracks in the org itself
what a failure

i'm very surprised i have not heard of this game's ost before today, especially considering i like sunsoft's nes soundtracks

i sincerely hope somebody enjoys these

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 9:42 AM
hi hi
i'm very impatient, and i also have a semi-unhealthy obsession with continuing to make orgs, especially considering i asked people for ideas, so here comes another three (and another double post, am i in danger?)

to start it off, i'll go with a song nobody requested
raditz kept kicking my ass so i put the boss theme into orgmaker to feel better about myself
what a tough first boss, you need to grind so much to be able to beat him, and then you can actually play the game for real
i mean, it does fit within the dragonball logic... having to train all the time

shame the online org player does a lot of clicking when playing the bass notes, i hope it doesn't ruin the experience too much. if it does, you can always download the org and play it locally for that crisp org experience

thanks @Cibryll for encouraging me
i honestly should have gone with stage 1 because it's fairly iconic, the song really sets up the mood for what the game is going to be
aaaand then you get hit by that MASSIVE lag because the nes could not handle the game, or the game wasn't exactly optimized that well
it's a real shame, i liked the premise of contra force despite it not having anything to do with actual contra, i just wish the lag wasn't there

anyway, stage 5 theme. it smells of urgency and anxiety (to me, and my interpretations aren't exactly great) and i enjoy it. what's else to say?

the bpm might be sliiightly off because of low wait values, but the lower the values get the higher the inaccuracy
also the final bit feels a bit different because of org drums

now this f- this masterpiece was a challenge
first of all i have no idea how i had never heard about this song before @Embarr told me about it, i always considered robocop 3 nes to have the very best title screen theme of all the nes library but now that i've heard this i can no longer be 100% sure. i'll say that both have fantastic title themes and neither is better than the other, out of sheer respect
either way, thanks embarr. fantastic theme to listen to, hellish theme to make an org arrangement of, but i think i did well enough! it just took me much longer than expected

once again, i hope the web player doesn't bug out a little near the end, it did get a bit weird at the final few measures for me
but you can always get the org and play it locally if you want the best experience ( :

what a week