Dec 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When replacing a .org, make sure that the resource type is ORG and resource name the same as the replaced org(name of the folder, so don't do 1041).
Did you do that too?

Think so. When replacing a file, it automatically inputs the name and stuff, I just need to select the file to replace it with.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Think so. When replacing a file, it automatically inputs the name and stuff, I just need to select the file to replace it with.
I think that only applies to language.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:15 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is there a way to make a TSC command that increases jump height? I do know the basics of assembly and the locations of the TSC commands, but I don't know how to modify a command do that.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dec 8, 2015 at 3:03 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok thanks

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
How does the rising water in the core room work?
Particularly after the fight ends and rises to the ceiling.

It's surprisingly something I've never played around with before...

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
@Bombchu Link,
I think there is an entity 191, called 'Water Level' that has the following TSC command:
<ANP0410:0030:0000
Entity 410 is the Water Level entity, which controls the Water Level, which uses the Map background image.
As long as that entity is active, the Water Level will constantly rise and fall around the Y axis of the Water Level entity 191.
Although I do not know exactly how it works, it appears to be the only thing controlling the water level, and after the Core battle, the TSC command listed above is executed, making the water rise to the ceiling. After that, flag 832 is set to make the other Water Level active, also 4000 to bypass the usual death (drowning).
You can use the water level in a mod to actually make the water rise, but usually it is too fast and is impossible to outrun, unless you have unlimited booster, or the Machine Gun.
Another possible way to change the water level is to move the NPC of the water level somewhere else, though I have not yet tested that and it may not work.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM
beep boop
Dang, I didn't know that. Does anyone know if the inventory can be called up by a command?

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Catz R cool
"..."
Dec 13, 2015 at 9:21 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
I think I may have asked this before but I don't remember getting an answer. How do I add a custom sound to the Cave Story sound directory? I don't want to replace an existing sound, I need to fill up one of the seemingly empty sound slots.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM
Catz R cool
"..."
Dec 13, 2015 at 11:07 PM
@SuperJaws100,
I think that requires asm to make a new one work, I don't know how to do that yet...

Alright, I think I can take out one of the Spur shots, I don't intend to make the Spur available. Or something similar. How would I replace those sounds?

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Alright, I think I can take out one of the Spur shots, I don't intend to make the Spur available. Or something similar. How would I replace those sounds?
I believe seatone and the pusher that comes with it can create new sounds and the pusher replaces undesired ones

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Catz R cool
"..."
Dec 15, 2015 at 9:28 PM
I believe seatone and the pusher that comes with it can create new sounds and the pusher replaces undesired ones

Alright, the pusher will help, but SeaTone doesn't. I want to put a specific sound in my mod, not a completely new one. I don't want to spoil the sound that I would like to put in, so we'll say that I want a train-whistle sound in my mod. This is a very, very unique train whistle that I don't think you could replicate in SeaTone. Is there any way for me to put the sound in?

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Alright, the pusher will help, but SeaTone doesn't. I want to put a specific sound in my mod, not a completely new one. I don't want to spoil the sound that I would like to put in, so we'll say that I want a train-whistle sound in my mod. This is a very, very unique train whistle that I don't think you could replicate in SeaTone. Is there any way for me to put the sound in?
They have to be in ptnoise(or whatever) format unless you want to make some heavy duty changes

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You can't put in raw wavs for sfx. Pixel made Cave Story's sfx in his own format, so unless you want to try to recreate it with SeaTone, you can't put it in the game.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM
You can't put in raw wavs for sfx. Pixel made Cave Story's sfx in his own format, so unless you want to try to recreate it with SeaTone, you can't put it in the game.

Oh, that's a shame. Certain scenes of the mod won't be the same without it. Is there any way I can put it in as something else, like a short ORG with the WAV forms for the drum replaced?

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Oh, that's a shame. Certain scenes of the mod won't be the same without it. Is there any way I can put it in as something else, like a short ORG with the WAV forms for the drum replaced?
I imagine it would be easier to just try to recreate the sound on something like seatone than go through that hassle, I could be wrong though.