New profile posts

5th ending: Quote kills everyone and fuses with Chara.
existingaccount
existingaccount
i am going to make a crappy drawing of this scenario if i can
Orbit
Orbit
There has to be a cave story genocide mod out there with this exact scenario in it. I refuse to believe otherwise
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
There are two.
thinking about making a cave-story like game focused on speedrunning
Orbit
Orbit
If you do, then I'll be sure to rank last on the leaderboards
existingaccount
existingaccount
i regret to inform you that i do not possess the smarts to create a leader board so a speedrunning website will have to discover it hahahahah
For some unknown reason, instead of wanting to play new modern games, I really like the concept of going back and playing games on the dreamcast, n64, GBA, gamecube, the ds, wii, etc.

I've mostly been playing DS games recently on my DSi, and it's been a blast (growing up, I only really had 1 ds game, that being The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
I hate Gen Z so damn much. They do so much shit that utterly concerns and confuses me. This world feels like it's falling apart My life feels like it's steadily falling apart.
I hate being a part of Gen Z. I wish I was born at least a decade earlier, or back when things weren't nearly as depressing. If I were born a decade earlier, I would've been able to participate in the Cave Story community/fandom during its prime, I would've been able to experience things I wish I was able to experience. And to be honest, I feel a strange connection with the late 90's to early 2010's. Almost as if I belonged. Almost as if I lived a previous life during then, but I lost that life, and now I'm stuck in this life, as part of Gen Z, where there's a pandemic that has practically become an endemic on steroids, and other things I won't mention. It could explain why I get this feeling of nostalgia, and de ja vu for many things that are pre-2013 with some exceptions from 2013 - 2016. Of course, I don't actually believe any of that. Who do you think I am, Chris Chan?
But, feelings of nostalgia, and de ja vu for many things that are pre-2013 with some exceptions from 2013 - 2016 is something I actually do experience.

But yeah, Gen Z sucks.
Tpcool
Tpcool
It was a long time ago, so it's hard to recall anything specific, but I suppose the general sense that most people my age seemed unintelligent, or maybe like bad people.
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
This isn't a copypasta, and I'm not a "hipster". I don't know how you came to those conclusions.
........................OOOOOH

Yeah I hate gen Z too, as much as you got your cool folks, we are also raising a generation of narcissistic that will swim in their cesspool of bullcrap to reveal how incredibly different and new they are.

But, it's very cool we are pushing the norm of society so we are less tight about our lives, there are still some positive and history will remember the impactful stuff only, as much as you got your weirdos that say sex work is a symbol of freedom to womans and other weirder stuff.
This generation can make a lot of great things but good intentions can lead to disastrous events.
Fatih
Fatih
ngl bro i feel like the actually important things will end up being forgotten
Hey there. Sorry to bother, but is there a way I could get in touch with you? I have a question about one of your releases here that's a little involved for a profile post. I would've sent you a conversation/PM but I think I'm not allowed as a new member (Is that true? Could I respond if you sent me one?). Either way, thanks for reading, and let me know!
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
There have been various different restrictions on new users when it comes to sending private messages, but I don't know what the exact restrictions are for the current forum software we're using. In any case, I just tried sending you a PM, and it looks like it works if I'm the one initiating it. Posting this here mostly just for posterity.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Oh, by the way, if it's a question about some project of mine that has an existing thread (namely Plus Porter or my fourth ending mod), then it may be appropriate to simply bump said thread with due acknowledgement and your question, unless there's some reason that you would prefer to keep the conversation private or if it's something more broad that could veer off from the main topic of the thread.
Wonder if I should make a new SPOT thread if I wanted to catch up on the stuff and things from over the years, I have several burning questions
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
You can't make new threads in the SPOT (only mods and admins can do that), but you can make a new thread in the satellite lounge. Not sure that it would be great form to just start a thread in the satellite lounge and say "hey here are all my questions" though. It may be better to start a thread that isn't specifically centered around asking questions about CSTSF community developments over the last several years, but to instead start some generic thread in the Satellite Lounge that gives some form of contribution, insight, or commentary, and work your questions into it the discussion.

Depending on what your questions are, they might be better suited for different sub-forums, and it may be appropriate in some cases to bump an existing thread with due acknowledgement.

If at all in doubt, though, you can always make a profile update with your questions, and it will most likely be seen by most currently active community members who are likely to have an answer. You can also always directly message the veteran users who have stayed active this whole time- DT and I are probably your best bet.
Fatih
Fatih
I did mean SL but was too lazy to double check since the SPOT sounded more comfy off the top of my head
I'll see what I'll do though I'm still leaning on a new topic; I could do a status post but things are relatively quiet anyway on top of it being easier to ramble on in a post than the little status box
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
You're not wrong, something to talk about in the SL wouldn't hurt.
Miss you bro, no clue where you went but you a real one.
Pokemon Colosseum was a weird game to me. It was kinda fun to play, but honestly, I was trying to beat it just to trade the gamecube pokemon with my gba pokemon emerald (awesome)
Discord is great and all but I start to feel like it's awtul for communities, but to be fair I never really joined a large public server myself.
Thinking about joining them terrifies me because you just don't know what's on the other side.
Fatih
Fatih
Which is why I think Discord sucks, and why I don't personally enforce those things on my own server. It really only gets worse with larger servers that make you have to pass certain requirements just to see things.
Suote
Suote
Yeah, I agree. Discord is great for private messages and voice calls, but I don't like public servers at all. And now that you mention it, you really can't do much lurking on Discord, can you? It's like if almost every forum ever required you to make an account and post in The sickeningly cheerful say hello, introduce yourself; now where's my cookie? topic. to see any posts at all. And when reading messages in public servers, I always have this weird paranoia that I'll accidentally press Enter and send some gibberish message to a random channel. Also, forums feel way easier to keep up with in general, since threads properly segment each "conversation."
i will use my profile to post music or other media i have been consuming that intrigues me, heres some music.

i have been playing the game sephonie and i adore the ost, here are my favs from it:

these tracks made me stop playing the game and just listen for a while, the first one made me kinda cry lol.

here are just some random tracks not related to games ive rly liked as of late:

as u can see theres no particular sound i listen to, i think i have a good variety of sounds i enjoy.
Fatih
Fatih
I don't know when's the last time I heard about Mama's & Papa's
01babel
01babel
i havent heard too much from them, i just rly rly like this song bc its from one of my fav movies chungking express and its played often in that movie. i highly recommend the movie!
Having way too much fun with a Level 4 Fireball and Machine Gun. ^^;
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
What do they look like?
Cibryll
Cibryll
I'm… not good with describing them in words, haha. (I think the words escaped! But I'll try.)
The Level 4 Machine Gun… I haven't noticed anything different, except maybe the damage value and firing rate?
The Level 4 Fireball… I think it creates a Level 2 fireball when it hits a solid object.

Best way I can think of seeing it is in Doukutsu Randamu though; Serenity gets to reach Level 4 (which, in her world, is a level above her maximum weapon level of 3, but details).

Would love to see a Level 4 Crescent Moon, though. That would be a lot of bullets. ^^
been working on the final boss for this update and it's almost finished!
sprites are pretty much done, scripting to actually start the fight is done, i just need to script the boss defeat/following cutscene + implement skipflags, and then i can start on the demo end stuff and move onto bugtesting/polishing/replacing placeholder stuff etc... that'll take a while, plus i want to implement some stuff in earlier parts of the mod (finally making the flower collectables important, for one - that's something i've wanted to set up for a few updates now but i've just been lazy lol)...

hoping to release it publicly maybe sometime this month, maybe not, we'll see :V
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Nice to hear that things are progressing along.
I'm kind of panicking right now.
There's this mod that I want to make for the modfest going on right now, but the person making the sprites has been having issues with his internet.
I know I said I was going to become better at drawing, and I have been practicing a bit. But I only have three days left to finish this mod, so I need someone who is actually good at drawing for this. It's either this mod is finished before May 3rd, or it'll never be finished.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
It's already hopeless. Tomorrow is the deadline. There's no way I can finish it now.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
Even if the deadline was delayed, I still don't have enough time to finish it, unless I rush it to a very extreme extent.
Infinityβ
Infinityβ
Just as I predicted.
Back