New profile posts

oops i'm here to announce another delay in the evergreen update, but for good reasons for once: freeware now supports multiple tile layers (thanks to periwinkle!) and i am going absolutely nuts with the decoration
Serri
Serri
Looks hella nice. Really makes something like a sewer tileset much easier to work with
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Do you have control over the background tile movement speed btw? And is there a limit to 2 tile layers (front, background), maybe an X,Y offset for a 3D-ish effect?

Being able to move the background at a slower set speed, could make for some very interesting foreshadowing (is that the best word? Showing a giant area in the background, slowly coming into view.) Or with X-amount of background layers; directing the player back and forth weaving deeper into the background layers... Seeing where you are going.

Anyway, looking good~ I can appreciate spending extra time making it look just right :D
Eli
Eli
ty!
as for how it works, it's fairly limited and not any kind of parallax - four layers, only one's solid - but it does mean the curse of trying to have a background behind a slope tile is finally over
if anyone here likes touhou remixes and knows where to find this specific one i'd be super grateful, i don't think it exists online (trust me, i've looked around for a while now) but all i have is this low-quality version
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
I really love some touhou music. Not gonna lie. Touhou remixes are so good.
Hina
Hina
they are, and while i've found MOST of what i was looking for, i still can't find this one
and i only know it exists because of an old android touhou rpg, that's the only place where i've heard it and i want the real thing
Cibryll
Cibryll
Hm, it kinda sounds vaguely familiar…

And yeah, Touhou songs, whether remixes or not, are amazing~
Listening to music is always such a good feeling--
Pity I can't do that while the power's out.
Hina
Hina
i used to have a powerbank just to charge my phone in case of power outages because i can't imagine not listening to music for longer periods of time
i got way too invested into making orgs for the past few days : P this time it's la-mulana, we need more la-mulana
Cibryll
Cibryll
Ooh~
I'll list 'em for both games. So this may be a wall of text, haha.
I'll spoiler 'em for that reason.

Favourite areas:
For the first game, my top two are the Dimensional Corridor (I love its theme, plus eleven minibosses) and the Tower of Ruin (ditto for its plus I like how the remake made it more dangerous--). Honorable mention to the Tower of the Goddess.

For the second game, definitely Icefire Treetop (I like how it's got fire on one side and ice on the other, plus its theme "Muspell and Niflheim" is stuck in my head) and the Tower of Oannes (I like both of its themes, plus there are a LOT of diabolical traps and stuff that caught me off-guard, its "Guardian" included, though unlocking it is a total pain). Honorable mentions to both the Eternal Prison areas (Eternal Prison - Doom and Eternal Prison - Gloom has a nice theme and atmosphere, though that Seven Gates of the Underworld puzzle really tried my patience, haha) and the Hall of Malice (I like one of its themes, "Death Gene", plus there's the minibosses thing again).

Favourite bosses:
I'm guessing you're referring to the Guardians in particular, in which case my top two are Ellmac (I could listen to "High-Speed Beast" all day, plus it's always the first Guardian I'd take on in the original) and Tiamat (I like "Interstice of the Dimension" a lot, particularly the remake's version where the boss fight is much more different than in the original). Honorable mention to Bahamut (again with the theme, this one being "Dangerous Raid", but also for being the second Guardian I'd take on in the original).

For the second game, Jormungand ("Twined Malice" is awesome and I like how it's fast-paced, considering you're on a motorbike while the Guardian's riding a serpentine war machine) and Echidna ("Reproduction of Power" is neat, but I like her unique "gimmick"; the later you fight her, the stronger she is). Honorable mention again, this time to Anu ("From Nibiru" sounds cool to me, and parts of it remind me of the original's save-game song thing).
Hina
Hina
i grew to dislike the ellmac fight because that fight is unbearable in hard mode with melee only, that lizard just hates sticking to a pattern. it's a simple fight if you use ranged weaponry at least
tiamat is cool though, at least she has an attack pattern you can learn. has a banging theme too

didn't you make a dimensional corridor themed area in lunar shadow? i don't remember the attached puzzle but i think it revealed sycor or something
Cibryll
Cibryll
Sorta, yeah.
It made Grialdyn in the Servant Quarters visible or invisible, and was supposed to have done something else, I think.
i can't figure out how to embed orgs for the life of me
and i used to be able to do it!
Hina
Hina
hell yes
turns out SOME linking methods work, some don't, and some work SOMETIMES. fantastically chaotic, also annoying
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
It didn't work for many sites at all when they were first installed, andwhy fixed up the permissions so now they should work for most direct-file-hosting-type locations
Hina
Hina
for some reason i could not get mediafire and discord to work despite using those in the past, i thought something was wrong on my end, or that i was using the tags wrong
github didn't want to work either
is there any actual documentation on the javascript web orgplayer anywhere? just out of curiosity
i'm not sure what to think of the pizza tower developer controversy but i do not want to touch it with a 10 foot pole
Mint
Mint
Are you intentionally posting something out of context because I haven't heard of any controversy, though I'm admittedly avoiding everything surrounding the game to remain blind when I actually get to playing the game.
existingaccount
existingaccount
there was a controversy in which a bunch of rather questionable mcpig discord messages were leaked (surprisingly enough, it had nothing to do with grooming), and although the messages were 4 years ago and mcpig has admitted that he isn't proud of them, he never exactly apologized. i think the tribe cheese enemy also has something to do with this, especially because of the fact that it made it into the final game, but i don't know how exactly it connects. that isn't to say that you're not allowed to like or play the game, though.
In 50 days will be my 10 year anniversary of making my forum account and creating the Cavern Tale thread. That's... hard to wrap my head around. 10 years of modding Cave Story and being a part of the wider CS fandom/community.

I've had plans for that date for awhile now, but it's been pretty busy this year so far with work/school and it felt like a couple weeks ago it said there were 100 days left. You'll know if I make the deadline come April 22nd.
Nerdieo
Nerdieo
I'm rooting for you, Enlight!!!
rixis19
rixis19
I just hit my 10th anniversary yesterday, I didn't realize you have joined around the same time I did Enlight, but it's nice to see someone else also celebrating being here and the part it's played in our lives. Take your time with whatever you make of the date, I look forward to seeing it!
Hi, could I get the name on my account changed to Willow? A lot's happened since I was last on, and I don't like being referred to my old username any more.
thanks if you see this
Serri
Serri
You can already change it under "account details"
wxrngu.png
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
Yeah kinda easier that way now instead of having to manually edit the account
I have to IP block another spambot rn though so I'll do it anyway
Willow
Willow
Oh damn, times really have changed lol. Thank you anyway though I really appreciate it :mahin:

still can't really post anything too interesting due to aforementioned spoilers but i have some exciting news - the last boss for this new area is complete!
this means the update itself is more or less closing in to the finish line, i've still got a decent amount to polish/implement but if i keep up this pace maybe i'll be able to push a release sometime next month...
Hey, I took a few old modding stuff from my old laptop and decided to see if there's anything worth sharing that i might've not released yet, and put it in a zip with some notes added. It's not much, but it includes my testing mod, an unfinished update of Metronari and it's cancelled sequel and some other small things, hope there's something in there that might interest someone. Download
Mint
Mint
when terri's day inside
Mint
Mint
Semi-related and on the thought now that I looked through my old stuff and felt nostalgic; I kinda wish I could use my fancy map/tsc knowledge to either make a good experience or do something for the modding community, but I'm not really sure how.
DoubleThink
DoubleThink
This is cool thanks
Back