adhd sucks lmao
anyway here is a single screenshot from my test CS thingie from a while ago:

cavestori.png
forgettablepyromaniac
forgettablepyromaniac
confused on what you mean.
AlmaHexie
AlmaHexie
Cave Story occasionally attaches the chains to a block (more likely a different one from the usuals in between each other), it's a very clever trick especially since the chain looks stupid attached to the rocks. (you could adapt the tileset for it to have rocks around it to make it look more believeable but um, why?)

(Examples from an old mod and another more adequate example from cave story)
1667492152868.png1667492323344.png
forgettablepyromaniac
forgettablepyromaniac
the more you know - thank you
IMPORTANT EVERGREEN NEWS:
i have reached 420 flags. nice.

oh yeah and here's some teaser screenshots or whatever
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.22.08 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 11.16.38 am.png
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Cool, 400 flags, that's quite a lot.
Serri
Serri
Whatever you do, do not touch Flag 0431, worst mistake of my life
8c1l9r.jpg
for some reason it fills me with pure happiness whenever i see a cave story and off reference. i honestly don't even think they're really amazing games anymore they just fill me with pure happiness
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
Yeah, I know that feeling! Cool to see someone else expressing this sentiment. It's probably out of sheer nostalgia, but you just sort of squeal with instant happiness when you see something related
The despair of having everything run at 3 FPS (or somewhere around that range).
Serri
Serri
Jesus christ, that's fucking terrible
Man I got busy and forgot about this place again and I've basically missed nothing :')
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Yeah, things are even slower now than they were a year ago.
Fatih
Fatih
How do I get embedded ORGs to play? Maybe my Firefox is too hardened.
No, wait. Some of them just seem to be empty. Is that supposed to be a thing?
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
To get it to work, put the URL to the file within the
Code:
[ORG][/ORG]
tag, and it should work. Maybe some file hosting service URLs don't work, but I know that Discord file attachments work, that's what most people use. I'm assuming that you're asking your question from the standpoint of getting your own ORG embed to work. If your issue is that you're seeing other people's ORG embeds that they're posting, and they're not working, then maybe that is a problem with your browser. I'm using Brave (which is built on Chrome), and the ORG embeds are playing fine for me.
man the missile launcher sucks. it's supposed to be a weapon that you scarcely use because it has limited resources, but still want to use because it's powerful. the damn fireball you get right after you have the missile launcher deals more damage than it. i dare say it's worse than the bubbline!
IdioticBaka1824
IdioticBaka1824
I never thought about it that way before (probably because my hoarding instinct basically never let me use the missile launcher) but yeah, you're right. I wonder if there's a name for this sort of 'gameplay-plothole'. Also, I deeply respect you for coming up with fresh and original insight about Cave Story's gameplay after 18 years!
existingaccount
existingaccount
nah, it's not too awesome to use. that would be the case for the super missile launcher because it doesn't have a ton of ammo but deals tons of damage. the missile launcher's damage output is simply too bad to be too awesome to use.
i've been trying to get mother 2 deluxe but for some reason the earthbound patcher is complaining about a missing dll file even though it's already on my computer!
existingaccount
existingaccount
if it was a bad dll then the program would be complaining about the dll not doing its job
existingaccount
existingaccount
tried using coilsnake. maybe it was because i tried to have the patched rom in the same location as the real rom, but when i used lifeup alpha, it didn't display the animation that's exclusive to mother 2 deluxe.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
You'd think there would be a file hash you can compare the rom to. That way you are pretty certain it worked properly.
We've got a bot
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
I'm not joking, it's a bot. file:///C:/Users/Sonul/OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(442).png
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Yep, they come a couple times a week. Just report them using the link on the bottom of their posts and DoubleThink/Andwhyisit will get to removing them.

Also you posted a local file path, as in the location of an image only on your computer. Have to upload an image somewhere else in order to link it.
Sonulianic
Sonulianic
Thanks for the advice though
'hm i wonder how long it's been since the last major evergreen update'

> december last year

'ah fuck'

...yeah, all i really have is the usual excuses - work's been taking up a lot of my energy and i can't wrangle my brain into being interested in modding at the moment, so even though i'm almost done with this next big update i haven't been making any progress and it's really frustrating!!! gah!!!

hum, i guess i did redraw caret's portraits recently, there's that...

(new)
fayce.png(old)
existingaccount
existingaccount
they honestly look worse imo, but i do think they show more personality and identity.
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Still looking forward to it :D Both look good to me. New ones are closer to anime standard? (Nice!) Also seems to mostly not meet your gaze leading to a different impression vs the old ones. Which have more of a piercing stare.
im worried about actually posting on the forum so idk im just sticking to profile posts. what should I actually talk about
uhhhhhh
so... cave story amirite? pretty epic and cool!
Booster's Lab feels foreign to me still.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Learning any editor basically involves just messing around and trying things without worrying about the final product. Modding comes with experience so don't worry about the quality of your first mod, you're learning how it all works.
ColdCallerLoopy
ColdCallerLoopy
Yeah, messing around and figuring out how everything functions can be a lot of fun. Finding new tools to apply to your mods is always such a joyous feeling.
forgettablepyromaniac
forgettablepyromaniac
> ColdCallerLoopy
true! That's why i've been messing with apoplexy for Prince of Persia. making things is just fun :)
> EnlighenedOne
Main issue is that I never get ideas that are decent, and even then I just never get the time to do it because something else dangles a shiny pair of keys in front of me.
October already, huh… just one more month and a few weeks before a certain DOOM another age-up…
Another day, another Steam "Next Fest"... Time to look through more indies!
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
Yes even more! Alas, there's no way I'll get around to playing all these games... Huh, interesting. I hadn't seen that one! Don't think it had a demo, so wasn't in NEXT fest. I'm adding it high up in the 1k+ game wishlist though :D
Btw it wasn't clear; if you want me to post more, I'll do it! (Maybe I'll do it anyways in a few days... ;) ) Many of these might end up just average... But there are some great ones occasionally.

Oh, and I'm not sure? https://forum.cavestory.org/threads/vernal-edge-on-kickstarter-now-btw.15173/#post-373497
I know HiMyNameIsMatt and one other is working on it...
Cibryll
Cibryll
Sometimes there be hidden gems among them many games, and learning about more would be intriguing.
(And then end up on my own wishlist, haha~)

Immortality would likely come in handy here, being able to play all these games (and more). Assuming the computer can last that long--
X-Calibar
X-Calibar
I wish we had all the time in the world! I certainly act like it D:
But alas,

And your wish is my command! (Though I was inspired to pull these from outside my NEXT fest picks since I hadn't seen Rune Fencer Illyia before~)
You might have seen some of these already, but enjoy :D
... Now I must collapse into a deep sleep... before the sun comes up in a hour or two lol
Back