New profile posts

Why am I still occasionally afflicted with cursed Cave Story modding ideas when I should just work on a real game instead.
Serri
Serri
But what if, cursed video game ideas?
I was gonna delete all of my old stuff since it's from I was a dumb kid, but I think it's funnier to leave it up. Anyways, I think I'm actually back now. Been modding other games for a bit now, and figured I'd maybe come back to Cave Story modding for all times sake.
HaydenStudios
HaydenStudios
Ooooh now I remember you, now that I've browsed back through your content. All these name changes really throw me off. When you joined, your username was SonicDoom and your avatar was a picture of Crash Bandicoot. That was pretty fun to watch, I'm glad you decided to leave your posts up and embrace them as a part of your past instead of trying to erase it. Reflecting on your past mistakes is a very good way to learn, even if sometimes embarrassing and uncomfortable.
ImpyBoo
ImpyBoo
Yeah it's all silly to me now, lol
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
All the dumb shit I posted when I first joined is still on here.
update on the cat front, in the comments below so it's not a huge main post
Hina
Hina
final update
although i did what was in my power and the kittens tried their best, both the remaining babies passed today, seemingly together. it must have happened roughly between 10:30 (the last time i checked on them and saw them still fine) and noon (when i wanted to put them in a different box to take them away). on one hand i feel guilty about even trying because i *did* prolong their suffering. on another hand, yesterday i heard them purr for the first and last time. both of them. and it just

i think either way i did the right thing, even if the outcome was a bad ending for everyone involved. at least in the end, nobody was left alone.

i think i need some time to emotionally distance myself from this situation.
may they be peaceful in the kitten afterlife.
Serri
Serri
;~;
IRUZZ
IRUZZ
I'm so sorry...
a stray cat that's been hanging around and being super nice and friendly got roadkilled today
if we consider her "my" cat then it's the third one i've lost on that road
it's sad how much in rush people are, too many pets die on the roads because of speeding drivers
not the best birthday i've ever had
I know freeware can run on a literal potato but damn, this feels surreal
maERypO.png
andwhyisit
andwhyisit
The game manual literally states that it works on Windows 98, so it's unsurprising:
* System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 98 / 2000 / XP
- DirectX 5 or later
IRUZZ
IRUZZ
Now I'm wondering what's the bare minimum hardware that it actually requires
Serri
Serri
Oh gee tho, I wonder why Windows ME isn't in that list when it's an upgrade to 98...
Windows Me initially received a positive reception when it was released, however it soon garnered a negative reception from many users due to stability problems. Windows Me became infamously known by many as one of the worst version of Windows ever released, being unfavorably compared with its immediate predecessor, Windows 98
thinking about megaman game genie soundtrack
Hina
Hina
well, why half-ass it when i can full-ass it
make it as accurate and painful as possible :):):)
Mint
Mint
I forgot to lower my volume and I regret everything
Hina
Hina
you are welcome
Did not get fired from my job, it's just uh... it's just right now though... I just uh, been... I kinda regret buying the Nintendo Switch guys, cuz... after ummuh, after the start of October, I flushed my whole, paycheck pension right down the toilet. And I uh, ended up in overdraft for little moments here and there during the month...
Embarr
Embarr
And right now though, and right now though after the start of November though I'm probably uhh, probably, at, right by the time uh, for the start of November my pension is gonna be flushed down the toilet again just for rented stuff! Like I'm not gonna have enough food to get- I'm not gonna have enough money to probably buy food for this apartment, which kinda sucks.
Dear Cory,

I hope this message finds you well! I wanted to share with you my latest discovery on the Cave Story Tribute Site forums. After hours of scrolling through the archives, I stumbled upon a thread that was so dizzying, it left me spinning.

The thread was titled "Theoretical Quantum Mechanics and Its Implications on Cave Story Lore" and let me tell you, it was a wild ride. The conversation started with a user questioning the validity of the game's teleportation mechanics and whether they were truly grounded in the laws of physics. From there, the thread spiraled into a discussion about the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics and its potential implications on the game's multiple endings.

But that's not all. As the discussion continued, users began to speculate on the possibility of alternate universes within the Cave Story universe itself. Some even went as far as to suggest that the game's secret ending, which involves traveling back in time and altering the course of events, could be a nod to the concept of the multiverse.

As someone who's always been fascinated by theoretical physics and its intersection with pop culture, I found this thread to be a true treasure trove. But I must warn you, Cory, it's not for the faint of heart. If you dare to venture into the depths of this thread, be prepared for a dizzying journey that will leave your mind spinning.

Best regards,

[Your Name]
Tpcool
Tpcool
Dear Polar✪,

I'm thrilled to hear that you've come to recognize Tornado Man as our lord and savior! Just as Dr. Light gave life to the Robot Masters, Tornado Man brings vitality and vigor to our lives. His Tornado Blow attack represents the power and strength that we can all attain with faith and determination, just as Mega Man himself demonstrates in his battles against Dr. Wily.

Let us continue to honor and glorify our Lord Tornado Man, and let his example inspire us to be strong and resolute in our own lives, just as Mega Man is in his quest to protect the world from evil.

As it is written in the Book of Proto Man, chapter 3, verse 16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." May we all have the faith and conviction to follow our Lord Tornado Man and live with the same spirit of love and sacrifice that he embodies.

Yours in faith, tpcool
Polar✪
Polar✪
Dear tpcool,

Thank you for your message. I appreciate your enthusiasm for Tornado Man and your desire to honor and glorify him. It is clear that you find inspiration in his power and strength, and that you see him as a model for how we can attain vitality and vigor in our own lives.

While I may not share your belief in Tornado Man as a lord and savior, I respect your right to hold this view and to pursue it with conviction. I hope that your faith and determination will continue to inspire you to be strong and resolute in all aspects of your life.

Thank you for sharing the passage from the Book of Proto Man. While I may not follow this particular scripture, I appreciate the sentiment behind it and the call to live with love and sacrifice.

Best regards,
Polar
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Dear tpcool,

I have heard rumors of your unique services and hereby inquire on the rates for said services. There is an individual by the name of "Brayden" who I wish to be... disappeared if you will. I think we will both agree that such a nerd does not square up to the number one Tornado Man fan, and as such this job will of the easier variety. If these rumors of services are true, please notify me of a quote for this operation. Otherwise, please discard this message and do not speak of it. It did not happen.

With formal sincerity,
enlight

in the final stages of pre-release polish, though progress is slow... seems my adhd hell brain is focused back on modding at the moment though, so i'm hoping it'll hold on till i can get this update out lol

in other news, i've been trying to work through my game backlog, and managed to finish nier automata and silent hill 2, both of which i greatly enjoyed, and i've just begun rainworld after being various levels of harassed to do so by several friends
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Update: Was a fun 7.5 hour stream! Laughs and enjoyment throughout exploring my terrible early modding (some cutscenes still holdup though). Talked about the story and ideas I was (apparently) planning to finish the mod that never happened and showed some exclusive stuff like the dummied-out chinfish bossfight. VOD is up on my twitch and a YouTube VOD with (some) timestamps will be up later this week posted on the thread. Thanks everyone who stopped by to watch!
soo yeah, uh, I don't think anyone had read a certain part of my updated profile but I don't intend to post often anymore. I'll look around, but I'd rather not get involved with toxic people/narcissists. :V that also means Touhou Story most likely will be getting any further updates elsewhere >.< but welp. better that than becoming manipulative and snake-like.
EnlightenedOne
EnlightenedOne
Okay, just looked into it. You're talking about 2016. Landscape is completely different. Different people in charge (hello) and different user landscape all together.

If you still talk like you did 7 years ago then yeah it'd probably still get some odd looks from people, but overall it's exceptionally different now. I undid the ban anyway and don't think @Brayconn (the current owner) would mind at all whatsoever.
Ryuuoutan
Ryuuoutan
mkay lol well thanks for undoing the ban, I do appreciate it. some of the mods/users (which I think it's best not to name them) that were around during that time still seem to be around today -3- so I wouldn't be able to tell for sure. but thanks for letting me know, I'll consider maybe rethinking my choice then
Serri
Serri
Ngl, I thought they did move on from that, cuz the few times they showed up they did seem to stop. I just thought something was happening behind the scenes.
Back