WTF story demo v 0.504

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
*Giga waits for the GIRakaCHEEZER to release the next demo.*

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:39 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I need to know how to get past the fans that force you up into the spikes.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
*Shrug*

If you're talking about the one I think you're talking about, you need to jump and run into the fans at the top of the ceiling, and at full speed.
Determination's key.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
RHF64 said:
I need to know how to get past the fans that force you up into the spikes.

Lol, the ones that are going up or down? Post a screenie please.

If it's the 4 ones going up, just jump, then fall into the stream. That way you'll be able to get past with enough time. You need downward velocity.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:11 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Lol, the ones that are going up or down? Post a screenie please.

If it's the 4 ones going up, just jump, then fall into the stream. That way you'll be able to get past with enough time. You need downward velocity.

But which chest has the key (You might notice this needs a WTF reply, but that is a WTF game. It even says so)?

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
RHF64 said:
But which chest has the key (You might notice this needs a WTF reply, but that is a WTF game. It even says so)?

You have 3 options:

1. Figure out the puzzle: Remember the sign "Not everything that glitters is gold."?

2. Try EVERY single chest. A bit tedious, but it should work.

3. Watch this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCFB_EI87IM

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM
I found the key. Now what do I do?

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
RHF64 said:
I found the key. Now what do I do?

Go talk to the blue robot. If you're having trouble finding him, just keep going down until you see him. After you've talked to him go through the door that leads to the spikes.

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:20 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I have a feeling that RHF64 isn't even trying... sure, this mod isn't the most linear, but it's called WTFstory for a reason. You only have so many options to try, you should try all those before asking for help.

Also, the majority of this mod is a puzzle-type game. Why give up so easily?

:|

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
thrik said:
I have a feeling that RHF64 isn't even trying... sure, this mod isn't the most linear, but it's called WTFstory for a reason. You only have so many options to try, you should try all those before asking for help.

Also, the majority of this mod is a puzzle-type game. Why give up so easily?

:|
True.

RHF64, this mod tells you to be so curious. Try to touch everything and go to every spot. Try to do some "uncalled for" stuff. You still need a mind to do this. Even the original Cave Story gives you the other endings if you're curious and smart enough.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
idea

Just an idea I had, but should I make it so that there's an easy/normal/hard mode? I think it might work. The current difficulty would either be hard or normal. Your thoughts?

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Just an idea I had, but should I make it so that there's an easy/normal/hard mode? I think it might work. The current difficulty would either be hard or normal. Your thoughts?

Good idea. No one should go horribly insane over a hard game.

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
GIRakaCHEEZER said:

Bad idea. Your mod has well defined clarity of purpose in its story and gameplay. Don't mess that up.

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just played through the WHOLE game, didn't find the first secret mission, found 2nd and 3rd, I assume there isn't a fourth. X_X;

Though I have a GUESS as to where the first one might be...

Overall I Loved the game, but can I suggest somethings?

Despite what people said, LEAVE the tetris part as is. *maybe put it LATER in the game or something? nothing else*

Maybe do SOMETHING to make the blocky fight harder? And the part shortly after that...where you have to get to the 4 computer terminals to unlock the door, whats with the lack of surprises here? I was kinda hoping something would fly out from somewhere. X_X;

That generator room is EASY once you understand what to do...I mean WAY too easy...no other complaints though, maybe this is being too picky.

Secret mission 3, was a CRAPLOAD easier than 2, I beat 3 on my first try.

Please finish more of it, and make sure its just as surprising!

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok, playing through it again, found and beat the first secret mission...AAAAND...I found what looks like a GAME ENDING BUG, at the part where your supposed to drown on purpose, drowning is just killing you like it would anywhere else, its not teleporting me to the chest area.

I didn't read through ALL of these posts...So I don't know if this was already mentioned...

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just went through the first level again, *I started a new file* I went through the first secret mission again as well, this time, when I jumped into the water, I went to the chest room.

The ONLY thing I can think of that was different between the 2 play throughs was that on the first file, I died a few times in secret mission 1, on this playthrough, I did NOT die at all.

And on the "bugged" file, No matter what happened, when I went in the water, I just drowned and died, exiting and reloading the game did not help.

Please acknowledge this. X_X;

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:02 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Poppy said:
Just went through the first level again, *I started a new file* I went through the first secret mission again as well, this time, when I jumped into the water, I went to the chest room.

The ONLY thing I can think of that was different between the 2 play throughs was that on the first file, I died a few times in secret mission 1, on this playthrough, I did NOT die at all.

And on the "bugged" file, No matter what happened, when I went in the water, I just drowned and died, exiting and reloading the game did not help.

Please acknowledge this. X_X;

Yea, I know what happened. You encountered a rare bug since, because of the way the game is, never gets encountered. The flag that lets you drown without dying is normally added when you start a new game. However, if you die before saving, this event does not run, and the flag is not added, resulting in a game breaking glitch. The reason why noone's encountered it before is simply because it's very hard to die in this mod without first reaching a save point and saving at said save point. It's a simple enough problem, I'll fix it for v 0.4.

Also, wtfork triple post? There is an "edit your post" button for a reason, ya know.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Meh...I'm SOOO used to being on a website that doesn't have an edit button. -_-;

I'll remember that now though. X_X;

Actually, thinking about it, the boss at the very end of the current demo EITHER needs a way to fight back after you destroy all the spike ball shooters / missiles, or should have a LOT less hp, because your most likely gonna shoot down the things shooting at you first, and then its simply mashing the shoot button until the FREAKIN thing dies.

Also...*and if your annoyed by my badgering, just STOP READING NOW, because this is just thinking out loud* I was thinking about the room before that... I was thinking it needs some kind of enemy, maybe something *like an electric spark* that only moves towards you when you shoot the switches needed to open each pipe? Well whatever. X_X;

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
SeriousFace said:
Bad idea. Your mod has well defined clarity of purpose in its story and gameplay. Don't mess that up.

I concur.

I would've just "liked" your post, but sadly the option isn't implemented. :)

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I say throw an easy mode in. It could be the tetris pieces not speeding up, and such.