WTF story demo v 0.504

May 18, 2010 at 2:04 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Feb 13, 2010
Location: undead parish
Posts: 625
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

I just realized something!!!
Chapter 1=Red
Chapter 2=Orange
Chapter 3=Yellow
Chapter 4=Green
In the screenshots I've seen of Chapter 5, the rocks are Blue
Does that mean... Chapter 6=Purple????
 
May 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

sixtyseconds said:
I just realized something!!!
Chapter 1=Red
Chapter 2=Orange
Chapter 3=Yellow
Chapter 4=Green
In the screenshots I've seen of Chapter 5, the rocks are Blue
Does that mean... Chapter 6=Purple????

Yes. Not too many people have noticed it before, but that is how it's going to go.
 
May 18, 2010 at 11:20 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Join Date: Feb 13, 2010
Location: undead parish
Posts: 625
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Yes. Not too many people have noticed it before, but that is how it's going to go.

Sweet! I guessed it!

But what color will Chapter 7 be? :p Black? Brown? Pink?
 
May 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

sixtyseconds said:
Sweet! I guessed it!

But what color will Chapter 7 be? :p Black? Brown? Pink?

Not quite sure yet. I'm planning for there to be around 8 chapters, and if I had to say right now, the 7 and 8 would be silver and onyx(black).
 
May 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 273
Age: 31
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

I was about to refute that whole 'most epic miniboss battle' thing with some comments about 'OOT isn't the best game ever, nor best Zelda ever' and other stuff probly...
Just to clarify: I don't think OoT is the best [Zelda] game ever. The best Zelda game ever is Majora's Mask, and the best game ever Tetris.

Don't want people to get the wrong impression of me... ^_-
 
Jun 4, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Jun 2, 2010
Location:
Posts: 23
im stuck in the room with the signs.
what are you supposed to do?
 
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

IcelaunchDragon said:
im stuck in the room with the signs.
what are you supposed to do?

Wander around the maze aimlessly, but make sure to avoid repetition (don't go right forever). Try to vary which direction you go, so that you don't keep going the wrong way.

How the puzzle works is that if you go the right way, then you move on to the next chamber and the sign says "Right". If you go the wrong way, well then the sign will say "Wrong" and it will be as if you were in the chamber you were just in. Do this until you find your way out of the maze.

I'm going to make an npc that will describe the maze accurately, so that less people get stuck in it.
 
Jun 5, 2010 at 5:24 AM
Junior Member
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Join Date: Jun 2, 2010
Location:
Posts: 23
well, the wandering around aimlessly worked well, and i beat the version that ends after the boss. is the snowball valley one out or are you waiting till you finish?

anyway, i went back to the matrix with the portal gun, and found a glitch.
there are a few points where you can shoot any non-bubble gun, and if you use the portal gun like that...
diph.php

diph.php
see what happens when you get out now.
 
Jun 5, 2010 at 5:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

IcelaunchDragon said:
anyway, i went back to the matrix with the portal gun, and found a glitch.
there are a few points where you can shoot any non-bubble gun, and if you use the portal gun like that...

Portal gun run has been stated to be glitchy, and can infact break the game over multiple instances.

The portal gun run is also non-canon too, not that it really matters. Basically I'm just saying that the portal gun run will remain glitchy since it's a "bonus", and mostly since I am too lazy to go back and fix glitches with it (there has to be about 100 places where you could sequence break/go off the map with it).
 
Jun 5, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Join Date: Sep 16, 2009
Location:
Posts: 519
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

I'd start threatening to remove the portal gun if people keep pointing out "bugs" like these :3
 
Jun 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Join Date: Jan 28, 2010
Location: Internet
Posts: 1369
Age: 32
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

Vercci said:
I'd start threatening to remove the portal gun if people keep pointing out "bugs" like these :3

I dunno. It's important to report bugs anyway. If you don't try to break the game with the gun purposely, it's a very fun tool to use during a run-through of WTFstory.
 
Jun 6, 2010 at 2:15 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Join Date: Jan 1, 2008
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 1973
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Portal gun run has been stated to be glitchy, and can infact break the game over multiple instances.

The portal gun run is also non-canon too, not that it really matters. Basically I'm just saying that the portal gun run will remain glitchy since it's a "bonus", and mostly since I am too lazy to go back and fix glitches with it (there has to be about 100 places where you could sequence break/go off the map with it).

Well if you're too lazy I'll retard-proof it when it's finished. :3
 
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

Merlinoboy said:
Damm... i really hoped this wuz for Apple too... but apperently Nope...
BUT... can you make it Apple-playable? cuz the game looks REALLY nice, especially in some youtube-videos that i watched... cuz i watch very much cave story hacks... but anywuz, can you make it happen that this game is playable on the Apple?:confused:
i should really appreciate that! :D:cool::):D

Not much I can do for you there, since the hacks I've made are all for the x86 chip (windows). Plus there's never been any mac mods at all, since no1 with a mac has really gotten into modding (some have done some save editing, though).

If you want to play it (and all the other mods on these forums), the best thing I could suggest for you is to get a windows emulator like WINE or something. It should work.
 
Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Join Date: May 28, 2008
Location: PMMM MMO
Posts: 3713
Age: 30
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

Merlinoboy said:
whattaya mean wine? on school everybody advises wine, but all i can find are programs that say things 'bout different species of wine... but with wine, do you mean a program with a picture of a wineglass with red wine? cuz if so, i know that one... but the question is: HOW CAN I GET IT TO WORK??? if you find out, i'll be glad to hear it, cuz i'm stuck there already for 3 years (yes, serious). thnx already.

I honestly wouldn't know, since I've never touched a mac (yes, shame on me).

I hope you find a solution though. And thanks for the kind comments on the mod so far, even if you haven't played it yet :D
 
Jun 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Join Date: Jun 25, 2009
Location:
Posts: 451
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

I can't use Wine because everyone abandoned OS 10.3.9. It was only made in like, 2005.
 
Jun 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Join Date: May 2, 2010
Location: beverly hills is where i WANT to be
Posts: 743
Age: 28
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

*sigh* just... everything about that post... ugh.

whatever, don't take any personal offence to this, please, just put in an effort to spell better (I don't know why you would put more effort into posting the way you do, it just makes you look like an idiot...), and have a bit more sympathy for the devil the modders here, who have to put in alot of work even for the most simple things, like changing how a gun fires. And simotaniously asking for his work, while describing the game with words like "RULEZ" just seems disrespectful to me.
edit: oh and a double post, to...
 
Jun 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Join Date: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 1947
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

explosive said:
*sigh* just... everything about that post... ugh.

whatever, don't take any personal offence to this, please, just put in an effort to spell better (I don't know why you would put more effort into posting the way you do, it just makes you look like an idiot...), and have a bit more sympathy for the devil the modders here, who have to put in alot of work even for the most simple things, like changing how a gun fires. And simotaniously asking for his work, while describing the game with words like "RULEZ" just seems disrespectful to me.
edit: oh and a double post, to...

The lad just got a little enthusiastic. Although I myself cannot refrain myself from saying that, his writing habits are indeed rather frustrating to say the least. But nothing to get angry about might I add.
 
Jun 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Senior Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Join Date: Jun 12, 2010
Location: Fighting Ballos, BRB.
Posts: 50
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

I simply CANNOT get past the part with the sign that goes "Right" and "Wrong." I always end up messing up somehow. It even started saying them backwards.
 
Jun 14, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Senior Member
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Join Date: May 10, 2010
Location: sas
Posts: 183
Age: 29
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

Audioworm said:
I simply CANNOT get past the part with the sign that goes "Right" and "Wrong." I always end up messing up somehow. It even started saying them backwards.

You're about 3/4 of the way there at that point. If something changes with the signs, then you are making progress. (It's a very long puzzle...)
 
Jun 14, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Senior Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Join Date: Jun 12, 2010
Location: Fighting Ballos, BRB.
Posts: 50
Re: WTF story demo v 0.4

GIRakaCHEEZER officially hates me.
I FINALLY got past the matrix part and beat Dark Curly(or whatever the crap her name is), then the demo ended when I tried to get into snowball valley.
AND I CAN'T EVEN CHEAT WITH THE PORTAL GUN.
Right now I want to fool Kanpachi into thinking GIRakaCHEEZER insulted his mother and watch the results from afar.
(Not really, I'm just SO MAD that I got through that whole long part for almost nothing.)
EDIT: I also meant that it said thgir and gnorw, not when Right meant Wrong and Wrong meant Right.
 
Top