Which is the hardest boss in Cave Story?

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:33 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
good for your skills i'm not that godly yet.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:45 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Monster X with 3 lifes and polar star, firegun and rocket launcer is like Ballos with all weapons and all life capsules + lifepot. Damn, it was so freaking hard!

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Revolution said:
Monster X with 3 lifes and polar star, firegun and rocket launcer is like Ballos with all weapons and all life capsules + lifepot. Damn, it was so freaking hard!

Hah, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Core with 3 health is pain.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm almost there, first I need to get through the Labyrinth M, wich also is pretty hard!

[edit]

Finally, now I can feel the pain of defeating the Core with 3 lifes. Wish me luck xD

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
magic9mushroom said:

I don't know what the deal is with the Core... I usually beat him without losing any HP on regular runs, what makes him so hard? The water, wind?

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Tpcool said:
I don't know what the deal is with the Core... I usually beat him without losing any HP on regular runs, what makes him so hard? The water, wind?

It was actually really easy with the weapon-switch trick. But with only a sword and 3 lifes it's gonna get hard!

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
magic9mushroom said:

It isn't really. He's actually very easy once you know what to do.

This method works about 60-80% of the time.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Pirate Member
i'm about 70% certain that same video has been posted elsewhere on the forums, if not earlier in this thread.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'm 100% certain that this has been posted on the forums before, since I made the video and I posted it o:

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'd say that mine go in this order:

1.Ballos 2nd Form

2.The Doctor and the Undead Core

3.The Core(Cause it kept on drowning me!)

There are some ways to beat bosses easily, like Balrog,most of the time you can jump on his head and use the fireball to kill him.Puu Black doesn't attack you until you attack it.You can even walk through him without getting hit.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Really, Ballos 2? To be honest, the 1st one was harder for me.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Yeah I too would say ballos 2 is the easiest form of ballos.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Ollie said:
Really, Ballos 2? To be honest, the 1st one was harder for me.

Well, on the first form, Ballos just follows a simple pattern of chasing you, then firing his lightning. All of this is easily avoided, and you always have a chance to hit him. The lightning is the only problem, but if you focus more on avoiding than damaging, you'll probably not get damaged.

Though on the second form, his pattern is still simple, but he has many more ways to hurt you. If you make the mistake of getting caught under Ballos when he is crashing down, you lose much more health than Ballos 1 can do to you. As for hitting him, about every weapon is difficult to damage him with, except for the Lv. 3 Super Missle Launcher, which does make the fight easier, but does have the added risk you will get caught in spamming him with missles, therefore getting hit by a bat.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:54 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Tpcool said:
Well, on the first form, Ballos just follows a simple pattern of chasing you, then firing his lightning. All of this is easily avoided, and you always have a chance to hit him. The lightning is the only problem, but if you focus more on avoiding than damaging, you'll probably not get damaged.

Though on the second form, his pattern is still simple, but he has many more ways to hurt you. If you make the mistake of getting caught under Ballos when he is crashing down, you lose much more health than Ballos 1 can do to you. As for hitting him, about every weapon is difficult to damage him with, except for the Lv. 3 Super Missle Launcher, which does make the fight easier, but does have the added risk you will get caught in spamming him with missles, therefore getting hit by a bat.

The bats do minimal damage however (3, when you have 55 hp). Ballos 1 does 10 damage when he's flying after you, and his lightning bolts do 10 damage as well. Plus it's REALLY easy to avoid getting crushed under ballos with the booster 2.0.

Ballos 2 could be called harder, but only because he's after ballos 1, and by that point you might have taken a large amount of damage, allowing for less mistakes.

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Yeah I too would say ballos 2 is the easiest form of ballos.

While this is almost right to me, I say 3rd is the easiest.

Tpcool said:

You make a good point, but if you have the Spur, you have the time to charge it and when he stops, you jump into his eye and fire it for almost a quarter of damage.

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
The bats do minimal damage however (3, when you have 55 hp). Ballos 1 does 10 damage when he's flying after you, and his lightning bolts do 10 damage as well. Plus it's REALLY easy to avoid getting crushed under ballos with the booster 2.0.

Ballos 2 could be called harder, but only because he's after ballos 1, and by that point you might have taken a large amount of damage, allowing for less mistakes.

I suppose it really just depends on what kind of situation you're in. You may or may not have a life pot, doing a 3HP run, etc. I also feel that Misery, The Doctor, and The Undead Core shouldn't be counted as one boss, as some people do. Those can be some oddball bosses, especially the Undead Core. Everybody has mixed feeling on that battle in particular.

Feb 21, 2011 at 7:22 AM
Pirate Member
Tpcool said:
Ollie said:
You make a good point, but if you have the Spur, you have the time to charge it and when he stops, you jump into his eye and fire it for almost a quarter of damage.
Yes, I forgot to mention that. Though, the Spur is the preferable weapon of you purposley skipped the Missle Launchers. And with the Spur, you can charge when he's jumping around you, then attack him when he has stopped, making a good combination.
GO REDUNDANT STATEMENTS!

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:21 AM
Pirate Member
i love the thing. what i hate is seeing redundant, pointless statements i.e. repeating something you just quoted and furthermore was just stated in the post above you.

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Malpercio said:
i love the thing. what i hate is seeing redundant, pointless statements i.e. repeating something you just quoted and furthermore was just stated in the post above you.

Oh, sorry i guess I didn't notice it there. I shall delete the post at once!