Sep 8, 2022 at 10:20 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm totally playing NieR: Automata. :^)
p378007-0-o3z2bk.png

Sep 13, 2022 at 12:00 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
^Actually I need to play NieR one of these days... Started it on Hard and died on the intro boss. Ugh! Forces you to start back at the beginning.

Anyway haven't posted in a while... here are some of the games I played this year:
bigimage.jpg

(To see it bigger you probably have to see it on their website: https://postimg.cc/dhFS2gss
Press Zoom and click and drag the image into browser tabs. Seemed to work for me.)
Hatchwell, Video Game Fables, Ren's Demons I, Numina, Ib Remake
Scarlet Hood and the Wicked Wood, Haiku, Nuclear Blaze, Pizza Game, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix
A Dream of Burning Sand, PSYCRON, Minotaur, V Rising, El-Shaddai
NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD, ..., ..., Mr. Rainer's Solve-It Service, Under Party (kinda sketchy)

Best of the above imo:

El-Shaddai, an experience... Decent gameplay, and wonderful artwork/music/story.
Minotaur, english visual novel. Really left an impression. Eagerly hoping for more chapters.
Nuclear Blaze, short and fun. (Worth two playthroughs!)
Hatsune Miku ... It's rhythm game galore.
Pizza Game ......... fur comidi porposes...
Ib Remake (well it's Ib, I wasn't blown away but the added optional dialogue felt completely natural. I didn't even realize it was added! Perfect addition. Upgraded art too.)
And A Dream of Burning Sand... for the amount of secrets.

The others were mostly good too, and worth the mention. Many of them long term projects mostly worked on by one dev or a small team and reached lofty heights.
I feel I must mention the two unnamed titles have some age restricted content, NSFW. If you could extract the offending parts, it would still be good imo.
Probably shouldn't have included them, but they left an impression.

Sep 13, 2022 at 10:25 PM
"Huzzah!"
Probably the best game I've played in a while to be honest.
Might play endless at some point who knows.
I never got around to the original so playing through this in its entirety should be pretty fun.
Currently playing through the main gamemode for the 3rd time to get a few achievements, and have beaten the Hospital. Can't wait for the doll house.
1663104223157.png