Undertale

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:17 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It feels a bit slower than the original for some reason. I like how the notes are a bit more distinct in your version though. That always seemed more blended in in the original.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:08 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I've been trying my hand at arranging Megalovania for the past 2 days
Not finished with it yet, some parts still sound off in pitch to me and I can't put my finger on what exactly
https://soundcloud.com/nadojin/undertale-megalovania-remix-wip
Oh spoilers for genocide run so don't click if you don't want half the game ruined for you

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:46 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm pretty sure "Chara" is the default name mainly because it's short for "Character", as in the "Player Character". Although it's the "official name" accepted by the fandom, it's a name that's not actually supposed to exist, since it's always filled in by the player. It's only really official in the special message you get if you choose it, the fact that it's in the preview screenshots, and that it's what the game fills in if somehow your savefile's name is blank.

"Oh! One True Love" and "Quiet Water" sound pretty good, but Bonetrousle has the timing/length of the notes all wrong (and the chords of the main accompanying part are wrong too).

Rather than point them out in the org, I figured it might be faster/funner to just make a pxtone and show you there: http://girakacheezer.tumblr.com/post/131394268681/i-made-another-pxtone-cover-this-time-of-nyeh

(here's the pxtone file for it: https://www.mediafire.com/?ypq2jzv1vt9t6s7 )

I didn't do "Nyeh heh heh!" I did Bonetrousle. The battle theme. The notes are pretty accurate for that. They're different between the two.

EDIT:

Also, I found sheet music for the best song in the entire game.

Click for the magic.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I didn't do "Nyeh heh heh!" I did Bonetrousle. The battle theme. The notes are pretty accurate for that. They're different between the two.

The timing is still mostly the same, since Bonetrousle is just "Nyeh heh heh" but with some more instruments and a few new variations on the melody. The timing of your notes is all wrong, and by that I mean you have long notes where there should be short ones.

I'm almost done making something, so I'll shortly post another pxtone to show you what I mean.

Oct 19, 2015 at 1:34 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Professional Whatever
"Hello there."

Oct 19, 2015 at 2:02 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
pleas pet dog

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:00 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oct 19, 2015 at 3:15 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Oh my holy jesus.

Oct 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Professional Whatever
Nice spoilers.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
alright that was pretty good

does anybody want to explain
the relationship between frisk, chara and asriel, because I'm not entirely sure i'm solid on it
the genocide run seems to imply there is no frisk

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

the relationship between frisk, chara and asriel, because I'm not entirely sure i'm solid on it

In the genocide run it's implied that Frisk is (gradually?) being taken over by Chara, who describes themself as the embodiment of "the feeling of joy when leveling up/killing". In a pacifist run this supposedly doesn't happen, so I'd say it's likely that Frisk is somewhat of a "pacifist" at heart, at least canonically.

Chara and Asriel are stated to be close friends, almost "siblings". But the game hints that Chara sort of hates humans, or at least his village. Most of the evidence for this comes from the end of a pacifist run, where if you go all the way back to the beginning of the game you can see Asriel, and he'll tell you things about Chara and how he maybe wasn't such a nice person. He'll also mention how when he merged their souls, it was Chara who made him carry Chara's body to the flowers in the village, and then Chara wanted him to attack the villagers but Asriel stopped him (all this happening internally in Asriel).

Flowey, as far as I can tell, is just a sort of "shell" of Asriel's soul in a flower, with Determination added to make it possible. It seems that Chara's soul left Asriel after he collapsed back in the monster kingdom, since Flowey makes no mention of Chara still being a part of him, and in the genocide run refers to Chara as you, an entity seperate from Flowey himself. Flowey seems to be lacking empathy, probably due to the lack of an actual soul (this is why Asriel turns good at the final battle, because the presence of the souls lets him regain some empathy), and maybe also due to some long-lasting effects of having merged souls with Chara before.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

alright so to start with this is all speculative, and might be influenced by my own interpretation, but (and I assume you've seen all endings):
We know that the child that falls down in the games intro is, in fact, Chara themselves, or atleast we can guess that, based on the 'flashbacks' during the Asriel fight being similarly sepia-toned, and continuing off the initial sequence. Chara is the first child to have fallen into the underground. Chara hated humanity, and possibly monsters as well ("we eradicated the enemy" referring to monsters). They lived with Asriel, Toriel and Asgore, and the monsters for some time, befriending Asriel (either through deceit or genuine friendship). They were treated like siblings, so Chara must've had a pretty good facade if they truly hated humanity and monsters.

Chara MAY have tried to poison Asgore. As mentioned in one of the tapes, they "accidentally used buttercups instead of butter" in a pie recipe, and Asgore became very ill. And then Chara "laughed it off" according to Asriel. But that's not really relevant, because whatever the reason, accident or intentional, Chara used their newfound knowledge to formulate a plan to get out of the underground. They would poison themselves, and give Asriel their soul, allowing them to leave and unleash their rage on humanity. Asriel went along with this plan, though not very happy about it, only doing it because they trusted Chara's judgement.

After he'd passed on, and Asriel absorbed their soul, Chara had wanted to unleash his rage on the village (his home village?) and, with the addition of more human souls, possibly destroy humanity. Asriel, however, resisted Chara's control, and retreated the underground after suffering many blows, wherein Asriel turned to dust, spreading over a blanket of golden flowers. (It is later, through this dust, that he would be reincarnated as Flowey due to the injection of Determination into one of these flowers.)

The relationship between Frisk and Chara is...more complicated.

The way I see it, since this is all purely speculation, is that Frisk is, infact, the 8th child to enter the underground. (Chara being the first, with his soul not being collected for the purposes of breaking the barrier. 6 more children fell before you.) But, although you may be Frisk, a fragment of Chara lingers somehow. We know that Toriel took Chara's body when she fled to the Ruins, if Flowey is correct. But then, where were they buried? All evidence points to two locations.

The tree that never keeps any leaves, or the bed of golden flowers that you fall on. And I would like to believe it's the latter.

Because if Chara still exists in some form, it would make sense to me that that's where their influence begins to take a hold on you. After all, you did just land on their grave. A demonic presence is likely to notice that. And as you kill, through death, they manage to grow stronger. As you slaughter the monsters in the underground ruthlessly. Just because you can. To get stronger. That's Chara. They are being awakened from death. They must exist in Frisks mind at that point, because once you've commit total genocide in the ruins, the mirror in Toriels house says "It's me, Chara" (or [playername]. This is further strengthened by comments "they" make in New Home when interacting with things. "Still has that sweater." "No chocolate." "My drawing." "(I unlocked the chain.)" Chara is definitely 'awake' at this point, resurrected through your DETERMINATION that he borrowed.

In the end, they are completely in control. They murder Asgore without any consent on your part, and that is quickly followed by Flowey, who they must know is their own brother.

As they say in a consecutive Genocide run, they are the 'Demon that comes when people call their name'. 'No matter where, no matter when'. Whether they were always a 'Demon' or became one through Death is hard to ascertain.

But if Frisk manages to stay on the straight and narrow...

Then for all intents and purposes, Chara never wakes up. The only reason Flowey and Asriel confused you for Chara at all is because of his own wish to see his dead sibling, and apparently your fashion choices are a lot like theirs (they are. you know, the whole striped shirt thing). You are fully Frisk at the end of a full pacifist ending. Congratulations.

Unless you sold your soul to CHARA.

And then, although you're in control up to the very end...

He kills everyone anyway.

No more happy endings.

Also oops I just posted a fucking essay

Edit: shet Gir wrapped it up way better than I did oh well

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:14 PM

I also agree with @GIRakaCHEEZER and @Polar✪. I'd just like to add that Flowey was not necessarily always evil. He says himself that when he discovered his ability to save and load, he tried to help people. Also, he tried to kill himself many times because of his lack of love, but the fear of nonexistence in death kept him from committing suicide. Through all this suffering and trauma, in conjunction with his lack of empathy and the fact that people were predictable whenever he saved/loaded, he decided to start experimenting with the destruction of others. Out of boredom.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
I am strongly compelled to chart some of the OST for Stepmania

Of course Hard only because the easier levels are pathetic

Yeah i actually feel like doing it eventually

(I'm assuming no one here plays stepmania though)

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:04 AM

Of course Hard only because the easier levels are pathetic

Yeah i actually feel like doing it eventually

(I'm assuming no one here plays stepmania though)

Uh... wrong thread perhaps?

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:50 AM
Life keeps going, but my temper doesn't.
"..."
Uh... wrong thread perhaps?

some of the OST for Stepmania
V V
topic = "Undertale" | define: rhythm music game
therefore Undertale OST | + | Stepmania
=
Undertale music in stepmania

such math

EDIT: i cant format for shit

Undertale OST in Stepmania

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Sorry, I took this to mean, "Stepmania is a game with OST and I want to chart it." Whatever that meant. I didn't know what the game was.