Unanswered Questions

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:37 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
andwhyisit said:
Toaster-shaped robot you mean? :rolleyes:

Oh and as for Booster, he gives up hope after giving you the Booster 2.0, so is he dead too?

There is a golden rule somewhere that no-one in a TV show, game, movie, etc. should be considered dead until you actually see the body.

We DO see her body if we leave her to drown with no tow rope.
In the ending.
We also see her sitting in the hospital if we never get the cureall.

Booster...well the credits don't make sense anyways. If the world blew up, why can we see balrog treating labyrinth patients, or malcom and his bretheren, or booster visiting Jenka?

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Leix said:
We DO see her body if we leave her to drown with no tow rope.
In the ending.
We also see her sitting in the hospital if we never get the cureall.

Booster...well the credits don't make sense anyways. If the world blew up, why can we see balrog treating labyrinth patients, or malcom and his bretheren, or booster visiting Jenka?
I meant that you don't see her body when you take the normal ending with the iron bond in your possession.

And why is it that you believe the world to have exploded when all that happened was an island falling from the sky?

Oct 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Also, what's up with Pooh black?
Why did he posess the clinic? did they screw up some kinda medicine order which resulted in him getting poisoned and dieing?

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM
andwhyisit said:
And why is it that you believe the world to have exploded when all that happened was an island falling from the sky?

That's an incredibly good point.

Orange-Tentacle said:
Also, what's up with Pooh black?
Why did he posess the clinic? did they screw up some kinda medicine order which resulted in him getting poisoned and dieing?

I always wondered if he had a connection to Balrog, or if Pixel just got lazy and did a recolour.

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:19 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Leix said:
The logic behind booster. If you ignore him and he mans up and makes it back, then he's alive. If you try to aid him, he gives up hope and poofs away.
Besides the poofing it seems logical enough to me.
Curly on the other hand is always out cold or [otherwise] uncureably sick, Booster was still sorta alive.
Maybe he uses parts from the booster mk 0.8 to fix the teleporter? Or takes out the power supply and recharges it?

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:18 AM
That's a very reasonable theory...even though I didn't state/question anything related to HOW he made it out alive...

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Hey... it all makes sense now! :(

Leix said:
I always wondered if he had a connection to Balrog, or if Pixel just got lazy and did a recolour.
Assuming the first... maybe he's Balrog's dead brother! :o

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM
I can has squidburger?
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Pooh Black and Balrog are part of the same series of robots- in fact, made by the same company that created Quote and Curly. However, a power outage killed Pooh Black's brain, and he wreaked havoc on the lab in which he was created afterwards. He was forcibly killed and his ghost now haunts the Labyrinth.

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:06 AM
In front of a computer
Okay, now I've got a question. I know there won't be a single correct answer, but...

How did Balrog come under the power of the Demon Crown?

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:12 AM
i dunno, perhaps he was a robot that belonged to Misery?

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:16 AM
This Troper
Celtic Minstrel said:
Okay, now I've got a question. I know there won't be a single correct answer, but...

How did Balrog come under the power of the Demon Crown?
That depends on what you call "correct answer". But let's see:
How old is Misery? A couple hundreds of years, if I'm not mistaken. When Ballos created the Demon Crown, there was a king around (well, not anymore, but you know what I mean), so I'd guess it was medieval then. That means no robots, and unless Balrog is some sort of golem or a magical being or crap like that, he certainly couldn't be around then. So, probably he joined the Curse Club later on. Maybe she "befriended" the dumb toaster-box during one of the Crown's reigns and somehow expanded the curse on him? Dunno really...

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:58 AM
innocent.bystander said:
Pooh Black and Balrog are part of the same series of robots- in fact, made by the same company that created Quote and Curly. However, a power outage killed Pooh Black's brain, and he wreaked havoc on the lab in which he was created afterwards. He was forcibly killed and his ghost now haunts the Labyrinth.

What's he doing in the old medical clinic? Why is that clinic so ridiculously small? Was Pooh looking for the cure-all? Could it heal his damned soul?
How could a power outage cause Pooh to go insane?

A couple hundred of years? There were like, four crown bearers including Doc.
If you think back 200 years in our time, it was not Medieval. It was what, Victorian Era? That was by far the most civilized era discounting the Roman empire. Perhaps you have the wrong idea of King here-it could have been a King in the sense of Queen Victoria, the once Queen of Britain. Not to mention that the king could have been only on the island- a native like the cthuthulus. Also-the first two crown bearers were like, inhuman. It looked more pre-evolved humans-which would indicate Misery is waaaaaaaaaaaaay older than two hundred.

So how did Balrog and Misery end up in those bubbles anyways? If it happened whenever the bearer died, then wouldn't Misery realize that Doc couldn't possibly have died when she didn't end up in a bubble?

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:37 PM
This Troper
Leix said:
What's he doing in the old medical clinic? Why is that clinic so ridiculously small? Was Pooh looking for the cure-all? Could it heal his damned soul?
How could a power outage cause Pooh to go insane?
Is he really a ghost? Well, anyway, if the Cure-All could heal Curly, it could also help Pooh Black, couldn't it? It's probably Exactly What It Says On The Tin.

Leix said:
A couple hundred of years? There were like, four crown bearers including Doc.
If you think back 200 years in our time, it was not Medieval. It was what, Victorian Era? That was by far the most civilized era discounting the Roman empire. Perhaps you have the wrong idea of King here-it could have been a King in the sense of Queen Victoria, the once Queen of Britain. Not to mention that the king could have been only on the island- a native like the cthuthulus. Also-the first two crown bearers were like, inhuman. It looked more pre-evolved humans-which would indicate Misery is waaaaaaaaaaaaay older than two hundred.
Now where did you get 200 years? Again, you've completely missed the point, which was that when the Demon Crown was created, Balrog couldn't possibly have been around, no matter when that happened.

Leix said:
So how did Balrog and Misery end up in those bubbles anyways? If it happened whenever the bearer died, then wouldn't Misery realize that Doc couldn't possibly have died when she didn't end up in a bubble?
There are two theories here:
1) Hibernation delay. I hope no explanation is needed on this
2) The Core not only kept the Island floating, but also held Ballos imprisoned in the Seal Chamber. When he was freed, he was considered the next Demon King, so there was no need to freeze Misery and Balrog.
Personally, I like theory no. 1 best.

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM
In front of a computer
Leix said:
Maybe they don't end up in a bubble until someone comes to claim the Demon Crown.

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:47 PM
T-Jack said:
Is he really a ghost? Well, anyway, if the Cure-All could heal Curly, it could also help Pooh Black, couldn't it? It's probably Exactly What It Says On The Tin.
Now where did you get 200 years?
innocent.bystander said he was a ghost, thats the post I responded to.
You said "a couple hundred of years".
A couple is two.

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM
This Troper
Leix said:
innocent.bystander said he was a ghost, thats the post I responded to.
Huh, okay.

Leix said:
You said "a couple hundred of years".
A couple is two.
Definition of couple:
4: an indefinite small number
This is what I meant.

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:56 PM
While we're on the subject of the labyrynth...
What the heck was Monster X for, anyway?

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:24 AM
Orange-Tentacle said:
While we're on the subject of the labyrynth...
What the heck was Monster X for, anyway?

Guarding the escape to the Labyrinth, so nobody gets out.
We had a separate topic that discussed this.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:57 AM
Of course, then why wasn't it attacking those gaudis chilling out near it?