<UNJ don't exist
maybe try <YNJ

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Orangedawg said:
<UNJ don't exist
maybe try <YNJ

It says here in my TSC.txt that <UNJx is used to jump to event x if no damage is taken.

Apparently it was said to have been used in the bossfight with the Ironhead.

<KEY<BOA1000
<ANP0200:0010:0000
<ANP0210:0010:0000
<WAI0300<FAO0002
<UNI0000<CSS<EVE1001

<ITJ0018:1010<FL+0160<EVE1002

<CMU0000<FLJ0836:1003<EVE1010

<FL-0836<FLJ0851:1010<FL+1042
<EVE1010

<NCJ0336:1011
<TRA0015:0410:0016:0012<END

<IT+0036
<TRA0015:0410:0016:0012<END

It appears that if the Ikachan Generator is present, you get the alien badge, not if you don't receive any damage. Now why would that be so? :p

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Erm... I don't quite understand what you mean sorry. Mind if you included some screenies? ><
Maybe not right now... lemme try and explain this better. When the screen fades in, the Press pushes to the left like it's just starting to move again, while the character falls straight downwards. It just looks sorta weird... maybe you could use a different animation, like the one where King gets blown backwards horizontally.

Metalogz said:
I changed the sound for the bouncing exp crystals xD
Guess I'll have to change it back :/ I changed it before I realised that you kill lots of stuff to get lotsa exp to get lotsa sound to get lotsa headache.
X_x
Isn't there some way to change when the exp crystals upgrade in size? You could change that to try and decrease the amount of exp bouncing around at once. Or, alternately, you could just remove all exp from the enemies in the first part of the game since it doesn't look like the Pierce is meant to level up anyway >_>

Metalogz said:
Thanks xD I tried not to be too cheesy lol. And trust me, my English isn't exactly that good :x
You English are fine.

Can't help much with the <UNJ thing, but that fight must detect whether or not you take damage somehow.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
Maybe not right now... lemme try and explain this better. When the screen fades in, the Press pushes to the left like it's just starting to move again, while the character falls straight downwards. It just looks sorta weird... maybe you could use a different animation, like the one where King gets blown backwards horizontally.

Ohh so that's what you meant lol. Ehh will try something xD

DoubleThink said:
Isn't there some way to change when the exp crystals upgrade in size? You could change that to try and decrease the amount of exp bouncing around at once. Or, alternately, you could just remove all exp from the enemies in the first part of the game since it doesn't look like the Pierce is meant to level up anyway >_>

Actually I meant them to give you lots of exp so you can level up the pierce (yes, I'm evil)

Gonna lower the amount of exp required to level up the Pierce :3

DoubleThink said:
Can't help much with the <UNJ thing, but that fight must detect whether or not you take damage somehow.

QQ... I just don't understand how Pixel did it lol.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Metalogz said:
Nah. I purposely made it such that you could jump off the other side of the Secluded Corner for fun xD Sadist ftw!!1

Well, if you wanna be a sadist I guess that's cool, but you should at least put an H-trigger at the bottom of the map that says "you lost yourself in time" or whatever it is that it says when you fall of the edge because it looks really unprofessional to have the player just fall off the edge and nothing happen.

Also, I don't think you quite understood the bug the dooey and I mentioned, about going all the way back to the start when you die. I did clone myself in the lab and in the building in the metal lines, and usually when I die I go back to the last place I cloned, but sometimes I go all the way back to the beginning. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this happens, and if I just close the game and reopen it then I start from my last cloned spot and no problem. But you should definitely look into fixing that because it's really annoying and it just looks bad.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Justin-chan
Well, if you wanna be a sadist I guess that's cool, but you should at least put an H-trigger at the bottom of the map that says "you lost yourself in time" or whatever it is that it says when you fall of the edge because it looks really unprofessional to have the player just fall off the edge and nothing happen.
I think you somehow escaped the H-trigger that was there. O_O

Because once you jump off you go into another map for the placeholder evil ending of doom.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM
graters gonna grate
Oh... maybe I just didn't wait long enough for my character to hit the bottom of the screen? Eh, maybe you could also add a V-trigger on the right edge of the screen that does the same thing.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Justin-chan
No sorry, it was my mistake.

I had no idea you were talking about the Secluded Corner. I thought you were talking about the last map. Sorry about that.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM
graters gonna grate
Oh ok. Logz, vtriggeronbottomyesno?

and I don't feel like waiting 7 seconds...

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Justin-chan
He's having his dinner.

For the past 37 mins >:

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM
graters gonna grate
Rofl, well I guess I'll shut up for now then :D

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Luls
wedge of cheese said:

My bad. Forgot to place a H- trigger there. And btw there's no need for a V - trigger at the edge 'cause you'll touch the H-trigger eventually anyway lol.

*fixed*

wedge of cheese said:
Also, I don't think you quite understood the bug the dooey and I mentioned, about going all the way back to the start when you die. I did clone myself in the lab and in the building in the metal lines, and usually when I die I go back to the last place I cloned, but sometimes I go all the way back to the beginning. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this happens, and if I just close the game and reopen it then I start from my last cloned spot and no problem. But you should definitely look into fixing that because it's really annoying and it just looks bad.

That doesn't make sense :o

The script's 100%. And do you really mean sometimes? You mean like... sometimes you die and spawn back at where you last cloned and sometimes you just go back to the start? Now that's weird. I did <SVP. That's the ONLY comand that's necessary to make a complete and guaranteed save >.>

Edit - Oh crappy sht. I'm such a moron >< I set the flag that skips from the new game event to the load game event AFTER I used <SVP. It obviously didn't save the flag set. Means it didn't register the jump from the new game event to the <LDP event. GG

*fixed*'

Edit2 - K uploaded the fixed version.

@ DT - Soz I couldn't find any other way to make the press pushing you thing more realistic X-x. If I used an animation that involved a curved descent, then the character positioning all that stuff would be screwed up :/ and btw... theres a small little update in that last map (btw that map is still incomplete lol) HF :D

Link (uploaded 18/6/09)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/otjumyqzjmy/The Future - What's left of it (Release 1.1).rar

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:47 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Ferb's Line Here: You need a ZIP file.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:21 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Okay I've finished this mod now.
It's pretty interesting but there wasn't much difference when you play without the key.

Okay feedback:
I like the graphics you've used but a few things that I'm wondering about are a few face sprites that could use work. The main characters face sprites don't quite match the actuall sprite and I think it might be good to change the face sprite of those monsters near the end of the demo cause it's pretty obvious that it's just the monster's sprite enlarged. That stage is a bitch by the way. I love the bit with the hammer. There's also one massive flaw with the first boss. It's cool how you made it so you defeat it by dropping spikes on it but the problem is when you jump through that little bit to make the spikes re-appear it's running an event so you can't get hurt by anything while you are jumping up and down through that bit, making the boss really easy.

Apart from that, you've done a really nice job

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:32 AM
Luls
Uncy Dave said:
Okay I've finished this mod now.
It's pretty interesting but there wasn't much difference when you play without the key.

There will be in the next update :)

Uncy Dave said:
I like the graphics you've used but a few things that I'm wondering about are a few face sprites that could use work. The main characters face sprites don't quite match the actuall sprite

Face pics are temporary. I released it 'cause I doubt I'd have much time to work on it in the near future (bloody school >: ) so yeah, rather than just leaving it to rot on my desktop xD

Uncy Dave said:
and I think it might be good to change the face sprite of those monsters near the end of the demo cause it's pretty obvious that it's just the monster's sprite enlarged.

Yep, it is xD I've yet to edit it. I placed it there as a template sorta thing to refer to when I actually get about making the actual facepic for the machines.

Uncy Dave said:
That stage is a bitch by the way.

You got through it? :o If you can't, I could always give you a vid on how to do a perfect run through it =P'

And.... it need not be so difficult in the next update if you do the right thing :eek:

Uncy Dave said:
I love the bit with the hammer.

:o

Uncy Dave said:
There's also one massive flaw with the first boss. It's cool how you made it so you defeat it by dropping spikes on it but the problem is when you jump through that little bit to make the spikes re-appear it's running an event so you can't get hurt by anything while you are jumping up and down through that bit, making the boss really easy.

Looking for a way to fix that nao. ><;;

Uncy Dave said:
Apart from that, you've done a really nice job

Thx ^^ Glad you enjoyed it lol

Edit - Fixed version belowz (forgot to remove blank sprite red boxes stuff.

Link (uploaded 18/6/09)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ydjozm22n2m

Jun 19, 2009 at 1:59 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Looking for a way to fix that nao. ><;;

I can show/tell you how to fix that btw, PM me if you haven't figured it out.

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:40 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Wow, this is a really amazing mod, but it can be pretty ruthless. I imagine it's supposed to be that way on purpose, though...
Yes, that goes for the evil ending, as well.
Anyway, I was playing the former June 16th release, not the most recent, so some of this may've already been fixed/changed...

At first (Considering the facepic), I thought this might be vaguely connected to Magic~, but the above comments have disproven that. Anyway, instead of actually heading for town, I decided to check around the current area first and these were the 1st words I stated out loud after reading the sign...
Bad Beholder said:
What the, "Aeris' Apartment"? You mean... I must confirm this to be sure... *Enters apartment* Hmm, what's up with the cracked walls in the lower right corner? A Save Point? Hidden in here? *Saves game here* A unlimited supply crate, too? Why hide those in here? Oh well, let's check around the bed... *Rest in the bed* Okay, this is awkward... You mean... The player character... Is Aeris? Metalogz, you, my good sir, have officially owned me with a major case of mind-*emits beeping noise for fake cussing*...
(I should've done a live commentary recording of me playing this. Every single death throughout this mod made me feel as though something inside me screamed in agony, because of, well, you know, the whole "Aeris" connection... Instead of letting the death messages play, though, I used the relatively quicker solution of Esc+F2, so I never noticed the "Back to start" glitch that was mentioned in prior posts. Back to the mod, however...)

Later, after the elevator rides, I check the console next to the teleporter, which asks about switching to Cloning Mode. Not realising what it was actually for, I don't swap the mode & continue onward.

Most of the doors in town, despite opening, do not allow entry. I figured this'll be resolved later, so it wasn't really that big of a deal.
Then I came upon the 1st boss, completely unarmed. I think, 'Frick, did I miss something? Oh, well, I guess I've got to run up to the top... Oh, darn the jump across is impossible... Hey, there's some missile things that weren't there before... Oh crud, they can falll!' After messing around with them for a few minutes, the boss runs into the path of one of them, then another one nearby practically simulaneously hits it, as well. This triggered the boss's shooting phase, making the goal a bit more difficult to pull off after I blindly & indirectly damaged it. In the end, I pulled it off, only to advance onward in a rather unexpected way...
DoubleThink said:
Also, the evil bug things seem to be able to hit though invincibility... odd.
That's caused by the V-Triggers that cause the certain blocks above to fall... And yes, the Invincibility Cancel thing happened to me at some of the worst possible times. Agh!

Anyway, yeah, it wasn't until this area when I decided, 'What the heck, I'll clone myself for the fun of it...' & found out what it was really for (Starting all the way back at the Apartment would've really sucked so much, despite the... Ahem, "connection"...)

The line after picking up the Skeleton Key a 2nd time was absolutely clever & unexpected, since it initially appeared to merely be the 1st time's dialogue repeated. I'm going to skip over the other details in this area, despite how much it contributes, & get to the most vicious part of the mod, the Main Guard.

The Red Demon AI caught me completely off guard, and the damage values were sadistic, even with the extra 6 Health from the Life Capsules obtained. Even with using the spots there the "Stops" were, oddly enough, stopped, they managed to throw their freakin' spinning things around corners they usually couldn't at times, resulting in some very bull<expletive>-like deaths... After countless tries, however, I did manage to defeat them all & advance onward, where, after the cutscene ended, I noticed a sudden teleportation onto the top of the corridor's ceiling. So much for using those mines...

Then, of course, came the very evil ending... Where the situation goes from a minor setback... To much worse... (I won't state any more than that, however!)
Overall, despite the massive difficulty scale (And the self-induced sanity struggle I put myself through while playing), I say this mod is rather friggin' awesome. I'm not sure if I'll stay sane before I complete the updated version(s to follow afterward), but this is still one heck of a mod, great job!

(In all honesty, though, did you deliberately give the player character the name Aeris, or do I have to wait until the next areas are made to find out?)