-=The Future=-

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I think it's ready for it's first release :3

This is the second mod I'm making. I don't think I'll be continuing with Magic~ 'cause looking back, that mod was kinda... well, wdv. Anyways download link below!

Link (uploaded 18/6/09)
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?ydjozm22n2m[/URL]

Hope you enjoy it :) I personally think it's better than my last mod lol.

Evil TEMPORARY ending included 0: )

Edit - Wtf I forgot to include the link. Well there it is lol ><;;
Edit2 - Fixed ALOT of fail bugs. :3
Edit3 - KILLED ALL THE BUGS THAT HAVE COME TO FEAST ON MY MOD DAMMIT.
Edit4 - Updated with small addition to the last map of incompleteness. Bugs fixed.
Edit5 - Removed red boxes as blank sprites. Was meant for debugging. Silly me -_-"

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I myself have played nearly every aspect of this (haven't experienced the evil ending yet though) and there's some difficulty here.

But definitely better than Magic~.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yay!
I don't have time to play right now, but it looks nifty.
also, thnaks for using mediafire, cause lowell can't.

cheers!

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Gonna try it now.
Edit comes.

Oh and before VoidMage_Lowell starts complaining about MediaFire:
Mirror

€: Ok strange. It crashes under wine. fail.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Justin-chan
Hay guys don't download it yet!

Some fresh bugs have been discovered and I'm in the midst of uploading a new one cause now Canneth has net problems.

Edit
Another "bug" found.

LOL.

Wait sumore

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Luls
Sht lots of bugs. Uploading fixed version lol.

Link (updated 16/6/09)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ojyzjk10mtm

Fixed alot of bugs. I fail lol.

Edit - Check first post for bug-fixed release.

And yes, I test played that... Just that I overlooked alot of stuff like dying prematurely and such xD

Edit2 - FUX YOU BUGS. GTFO FROM MY MOD. New link again. 100% no bugs.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Vanished.
Did you even Test played that? :)

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Justin-chan
Yeah.

Should be fine now, unless new bugs we didn't know about pop up. @_@

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Justin-chan
Works for me. O.o

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Luls
Schokobecher said:
Wonderful.

I came back and violated the file and replaced the corrupted one with the new one while you were busy entertaining the old link.

Redownload pl0x :)

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Vanished.
Ah ok. :)

Updated the FTP Link.

Still can't play it, need to get a windows pc somewhere.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Downloading this so hard it will give the internet bruises.

Spoilers... FROM THE FUTURE

-Assuming that facepictures haven't been updated yet... and tragedy has one d. And the doors still open when you get near them, that is so awesome :D
-The music after the opening into is On To Grasstown, but if you enter and exit the building, it becomes Pulse.
-I swear to god you make the prettiest tilesets ever :( Great idea for the boss fight too, especially how the spikes get replaced, that effect is really excellent. It actually feels dangerous too, because you have no direct way of defending yourself. However, it's somewhat easy to lure it to the far right, where it gets stuck right under a spike point. I think there's an enemy barrier there; I'm not sure it's necessary, since the boss can't jump up and reach you there anyway, and removing it stops you from doing what I mentioned just now, unless you specifically want to stop people from being able to lure the boss outside either end. It also gets stuck when trying to walk 'back' up the slope before firing, but that's just an AI bug.
-At "The Surface", you are able to move for a moment before you appear as 'fallen'; this usually means a <PRI is needed, or a <WAI or something needs to be shortened. The Press pushing you also doesn't quite match up with the falling animation.
-Oh so THAT'S what cloning does... and you put in skipflags too! :>
-Multiple paths! Also, the evil bug things seem to be able to hit though invincibility... odd.
-It feels like I would have been able to continue without getting the Skeleton Key for a while... not that I tested it. I guess the Pierce is fully optional?
-Speaking of the Pierce, its sprite sits one pixel to either side of actually being in the character's hand :)
-Wah, it's been so long since I've heard Last Cave in a mod x_x Thankyouthankyou. Also, I don't know if you've tested this area, but it's pretty damn brutal, and stopping to get the mines is almost certain to get you killed. Even if it's just a jumping pattern I don't think there need to be quite that many, or to be having them do that much per hit ._. It's also possible to pick up the mines multiple times. I'm assuming you're not supposed to try and kill them because that's even harder...
*hax tiem*
-It's nice that you auto-save for that point in the game, but it also seems a bit odd considering that you just gave the option to save twice.
-That reminds me, the noise experience makes now is really loud. I don't know if you can lower the volume of the effect somehow, but a lot of experience sounds like a button-pushing bonanza.
-If you watch the ENDING, then respawn, the barriers you blew up are back in place.

Anyways, there's some stuff that needs tweaking as usual, but otherwise... I reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllly like this mod :> The level design has been tightened up since Magic~, and it keeps the same smooth, clear, cool (as in, cold-ish) graphical style. The writing has stepped up too, and Magic~ was pretty good to begin with. The timing is excellent, and the dialogue style is just totally charming, like when you get the key the second time. In the times when it's more humourous and upbeat it still manages to keep an undertone of careful seriousness, which is exactly how I myself try to write - it's a style of writing that I really appreciate and very few people are able to do it effectively. Especially at your age... I mean wow, you have a serious knack for this stuff. I was nowhere near this good at writing 4 or 5 years ago...
I'm probably blabbing here, but playing this has made me happy inside, and now I feel inspired to do more work on my own stuff. ...Tomorrow. Or maybe after exams...

Credits to jcys too, because I don't know how much involvement he had in this one :x

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM
Justin-chan
-Wah, it's been so long since I've heard Last Cave in a mod x_x Thankyouthankyou. Also, I don't know if you've tested this area, but it's pretty damn brutal, and stopping to get the mines is almost certain to get you killed. Even if it's just a jumping pattern I don't think there need to be quite that many, or to be having them do that much per hit ._. It's also possible to pick up the mines multiple times. I'm assuming you're not supposed to try and kill them because that's even harder...
He got through, UNSCATHED.

And there's a <PRI when you pick up the mines, so it's AWWWRRITTE!

Picking up multiple mines? I guess I hadn't really stopped enough to test that XD

Oh and those are supposed to be Red Demon edits, they have 250 HP so beating them is insane.

-It's nice that you auto-save for that point in the game, but it also seems a bit odd considering that you just gave the option to save twice.
Thanks to me!

Cause everytime you go through, you had have to open and close the barriers which is IRRITATING.

-If you watch the ENDING, then respawn, the barriers you blew up are back in place.
Save point isn't supposed to be there, I think.

The Ending is fake anyway.

Also, you may want to try a run without the Skeleton Key to see it's effects. :)
Credits to jcys too, because I don't know how much involvement he had in this one :x
This mod was forged from my very sperm, believe it!

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM
graters gonna grate
Ahhh! Major bug! I died on The Surface and the death music played, and I went all the way back to the beginning even though I had cloned myself and it kept playing the death music. There wasn't even a "you have died want to retry?". Another bug is that it's possible in the Secluded Corner to go off the right edge of the screen and fall endlessly. Making the laser on the right one tile taller should fix this.

Anyway, I'm really loving what I've seen so far and will comment more once I've played all the way through. The Skylite tileset is totally awesome, and like DT said the writing style is quite good although I personally think you should have a little less waiting time. It starts to get annoying when every time you enter a new room the main chair spends 10 seconds looking around and not doing anything. In concept that's a really good idea, but it's a bit overdone right now. My only other suggestion is maybe make it more obvious that cloning = saving because I didn't clone myself at first and I fell off the edge of the Secluded Corner map and had to go back to the beginning again (maybe skipflags for the beginning cutscene would be good). Anyways great job and I'll hopefully be able to give more helpful feedback once I've played all the way through. :)

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Luls
Wow DT I damn love your reviews lol :D Thx for taking the effort to write a whole essay out xD

Really, thx ^^

DoubleThink said:
Downloading this so hard it will give the internet bruises.

xD

DoubleThink said:
-Assuming that facepictures haven't been updated yet... and tragedy has one d. And the doors still open when you get near them, that is so awesome :D

Yeah, I suck at making facepics.

Apparently I suck at spelling too :o

And yeah, the doors are meant to open lol. Or maybe I should ANP them to close? Hmm...

DoubleThink said:
-The music after the opening into is On To Grasstown, but if you enter and exit the building, it becomes Pulse.

Aww dammit. Carelessness on my part soz.
*fixed*

DoubleThink said:
-I swear to god you make the prettiest tilesets ever :(

Thx? :/ But I doubt so lol. The green looks kinda overdone >:

DoubleThink said:
Great idea for the boss fight too especially how the spikes get replaced, that effect is really excellent. It actually feels dangerous too, because you have no direct way of defending yourself.

:3

DoubleThink said:
However, it's somewhat easy to lure it to the far right, where it gets stuck right under a spike point. I think there's an enemy barrier there; I'm not sure it's necessary, since the boss can't jump up and reach you there anyway, and removing it stops you from doing what I mentioned just now, unless you specifically want to stop people from being able to lure the boss outside either end.

Well the first boss is kinda buggy, but it depends on how you view it and fight it lol.

When you get it stuck under the spike point, you still have to go under the spike to make it fall. But the boss follows you around, so it's pretty hard to keep it under the spike point long enough for the spike to pwn it :( Anyways I decided to make the first boss relatively easy xD.

DoubleThink said:
It also gets stuck when trying to walk 'back' up the slope before firing, but that's just an AI bug.

Can't help that :/ A flat plane for a boss fight area would be too boring ><

DoubleThink said:
-At "The Surface", you are able to move for a moment before you appear as 'fallen'; this usually means a <PRI is needed, or a <WAI or something needs to be shortened.

Crap! How could I have overlooked that! Usually I don't twiddle around with the control keys while a cutscene is going on lol. :x

*fixed*

DoubleThink said:
The Press pushing you also doesn't quite match up with the falling animation.

Erm... I don't quite understand what you mean sorry. Mind if you included some screenies? ><

DoubleThink said:
-Oh so THAT'S what cloning does... and you put in skipflags too! :>

;D

DoubleThink said:
-Multiple paths! Also, the evil bug things seem to be able to hit though invincibility... odd.

No idea why it does that. I checked through the script too. Ah well, not too hard to dodge teh stuff eh? :)

DoubleThink said:
-It feels like I would have been able to continue without getting the Skeleton Key for a while... not that I tested it. I guess the Pierce is fully optional?

Erm... Try not to get the Pierce and see what happens xD And I thought I added an <ITJ for the metal plate event thing? (NO SPOILARS FOR YUO PEOPLE!)

^Edit - Yeah, I did add an <ITJ lol. Try without the key :D

DoubleThink said:
-Speaking of the Pierce, its sprite sits one pixel to either side of actually being in the character's hand :p

NOOOOooo

*fixed*

DoubleThink said:
-Wah, it's been so long since I've heard Last Cave in a mod x_x Thankyouthankyou.

O.o|||

DoubleThink said:
Also, I don't know if you've tested this area, but it's pretty damn brutal, and stopping to get the mines is almost certain to get you killed. Even if it's just a jumping pattern I don't think there need to be quite that many, or to be having them do that much per hit ._. It's also possible to pick up the mines multiple times. I'm assuming you're not supposed to try and kill them because that's even harder...
*hax tiem*

It's possible... and not too hard after a few tries xD
P.S. I have a viddie on how to make a flawless run through xD

Erm... pick up multiple times?! I think I forgot a <DNP somewhere :(

*fixed*

DoubleThink said:

You mean the option to clone at the two teleporters that are linked to each other? Well I thought it'd be good to have them both able to perform similar functions. For consistency's sake, you know ;P

I may choose to leave them that way lol =P

Auto-save? You mean when you clone yourself and appear on the other side of the barrier? Eheheheh that's not auto-saving. If you didn't clone yourself there, you wouldn't appear there :) I just used some sekrit ninja technique of changing the location where you actually save at.

DoubleThink said:
-That reminds me, the noise experience makes now is really loud. I don't know if you can lower the volume of the effect somehow, but a lot of experience sounds like a button-pushing bonanza.

I changed the sound for the bouncing exp crystals xD
Guess I'll have to change it back :/ I changed it before I realised that you kill lots of stuff to get lotsa exp to get lotsa sound to get lotsa headache.
X_x

DoubleThink said:

Map incomplete xD
And evil ending is evil muahaha.

DoubleThink said:
The level design has been tightened up since Magic~, and it keeps the same smooth, clear, cool (as in, cold-ish) graphical style.

:o Didn't expect that lol. Really? :3

DoubleThink said:
The writing has stepped up too, and Magic~ was pretty good to begin with. The timing is excellent, and the dialogue style is just totally charming, like when you get the key the second time. In the times when it's more humourous and upbeat it still manages to keep an undertone of careful seriousness, which is exactly how I myself try to write - it's a style of writing that I really appreciate and very few people are able to do it effectively. Especially at your age... I mean wow, you have a serious knack for this stuff. I was nowhere near this good at writing 4 or 5 years ago...

Thanks xD I tried not to be too cheesy lol. And trust me, my English isn't exactly that good :x

DoubleThink said:
I'm probably blabbing here, but playing this has made me happy inside, and now I feel inspired to do more work on my own stuff. ...Tomorrow. Or maybe after exams...

xD exams... evil hate-worthy things that attract the hate of haters.
And no you're not babbling >.>

DoubleThink said:

YOU STEAL MY AWESOME D:< I'LL HATE YOU FOR LIEF!
jk, he helped alot by finding all those crappy bugs that could've ruined the whole mod's first release xD

wedge of cheese said:
Ahhh! Major bug! I died on The Surface and the death music played, and I went all the way back to the beginning even though I had cloned myself and it kept playing the death music. There wasn't even a "you have died want to retry?". Another bug is that it's possible in the Secluded Corner to go off the right edge of the screen and fall endlessly. Making the laser on the right one tile taller should fix this.

Anyway, I'm really loving what I've seen so far and will comment more once I've played all the way through. The Skylite tileset is totally awesome, and like DT said the writing style is quite good although I personally think you should have a little less waiting time. It starts to get annoying when every time you enter a new room the main chair spends 10 seconds looking around and not doing anything. In concept that's a really good idea, but it's a bit overdone right now. My only other suggestion is maybe make it more obvious that cloning = saving because I didn't clone myself at first and I fell off the edge of the Secluded Corner map and had to go back to the beginning again (maybe skipflags for the beginning cutscene would be good). Anyways great job and I'll hopefully be able to give more helpful feedback once I've played all the way through. :D

Nah. I purposely made it such that you could jump off the other side of the Secluded Corner for fun xD Sadist ftw!!1

And... oops I forgot to add a <CMU0000 at the start :x soz

Btw I thought people would be adventurous enough (no offence, I relaly thought so lol) to just clone themselves and see what happens xD Would spoil all the fun if I explained everything :/

Oh crap! NO SKIPFLAGS FOR THE BEGINNING?! How could I have forgotten that! FDgsafsfsf /facepalm
*fixed*

And thx all for the feedback so far xD

Will post a fixed version soon :x

Jun 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Some stuff I noticed (haven't read any other comments yet, so I may be repeating some stuff):

A bug where the first boss can fall through the floor.

When you clone yourself, you have full health after cloning, but when you reload the save, you have whatever health you had before.

When I die in some places I so right back to the start

Having the hero talk to himself constantly is a bit annoying. That might just be your style, but I find it takes a lot of time.

I laughed when the guy dropped the key in the pit :D

If you let the rocket land on you you get permanently stuck.

The tileset in the sky place is a bit odd, you can be standing on air depending on how the tiles line up.

Anyway, sweet mod, the use of the falling blocks was a cool way to kill the boss.

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM
just started playing it, and as always, good use of the eye-door.
tileset hurts my face though.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:30 AM
Luls
dooey100 said:
Some stuff I noticed (haven't read any other comments yet, so I may be repeating some stuff):

A bug where the first boss can fall through the floor.

That happens very rarely, I can't exaplain why, though, seeing as they are all solid blocks :x

dooey100 said:
When you clone yourself, you have full health after cloning, but when you reload the save, you have whatever health you had before.

Crap!

*fixed*

dooey100 said:
When I die in some places I go right back to the start

You forgot to clone (save). That doesn't happen in any of the maps in my mod :o I tested them all! ><;;

Mind specifying which places btw?

dooey100 said:
Having the hero talk to himself constantly is a bit annoying. That might just be your style, but I find it takes a lot of time.

No one else to talk to :/

Theres gonna be less of it in the next few updates 'cause more people are gonna be introduced :p

dooey100 said:
I laughed when the guy dropped the key in the pit :D

xD

dooey100 said:
If you let the rocket land on you you get permanently stuck.

I didn't get stuck >.> I just jumped and popped right out.

dooey100 said:
The tileset in the sky place is a bit odd, you can be standing on air depending on how the tiles line up.

Meant to be that way xD Ooo floateh :3

dooey100 said:
Anyway, sweet mod, the use of the falling blocks was a cool way to kill the boss.

Lol thx. That bossfight is kinda buggy.
(Might do a remake of that one :) )

Lace said:
tileset hurts my face though.

I KNEW IT D:

Might edit them lol.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:37 AM
Luls
Ermz....

I'm trying to use the friggin <UNJx function and I used it as follows:

<FLJ0151:0091
<HMC
<UNJ0092
<MNA<CMU0029<FAI0004
<EVE0100

However, when the game reads the script <UNJ0092, it doesn't recognise it as a valid TSC command and instead replaces it with text sounds, meanining it is disregarding it as code D:

Help, anyone? :/