Suu No Monogatari ~ Sue's Story 0.2.0.1

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:08 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EddieERL said:
Next version is ready or nearly finish as final version?
no... I have been working on This instead for the past 3 months.

I barely have anymore progress than the most recent release.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Bombchu Link said:
no... I have been working on This instead for the past 3 months.

I barely have anymore progress than the most recent release.

Oh I see that. Sorry

Jun 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
My palette seems to clash somewhat...

Capture_zpsb7069658.png

Suggestions?

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
diph.php

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:25 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
did this die

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Hello! I would have rather PM'd you about this but I couldn't find an option to do that on this site, so I'm posting here instead.

When I was googling around for Cave Story images, I happened across some of my art that you are using in this mod. This is the "source" you credited: http://wallpoper.com/wallpaper/cave-story-409403

Websites like that are not a proper source. They take various art without permission and post it without proper credit to original artists. In turn, others take that art and think that they are giving a proper source by linking back there. That's not really cool though because in doing this the original artist gets left out in the cold.

The art is something I did years ago for a remix project for Cave Story: http://kwixmusic.com/cavestory/

I can understand that finding the original artist in this case, that being me, would be a little difficult since I no longer go by the terrible moniker "The Otaku". Instead I go by "Otakatt" and the image is not linked to my new name. But I think had you done more digging you could have at least found the project page.

The purpose of this post is not to make you feel bad or demand you not use the art. I mostly just wanted to educate you and others about proper etiquette when it comes to using another artist's work. In my experience most artists are very accommodating (particularly when it comes to fan art) if they are approached by someone asking permission to use their work. All most artists ask is to be credited for what they've done. And in this case that's all I ask for. :)

I wish you luck in this mod project and whatever other projects you pursue!

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:56 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Otakatt said:
Hello! I would have rather PM'd you about this but I couldn't find an option to do that on this site, so I'm posting here instead.

When I was googling around for Cave Story images, I happened across some of my art that you are using in this mod. This is the "source" you credited: http://wallpoper.com/wallpaper/cave-story-409403

Websites like that are not a proper source. They take various art without permission and post it without proper credit to original artists. In turn, others take that art and think that they are giving a proper source by linking back there. That's not really cool though because in doing this the original artist gets left out in the cold.

The art is something I did years ago for a remix project for Cave Story: http://kwixmusic.com/cavestory/

I can understand that finding the original artist in this case, that being me, would be a little difficult since I no longer go by the terrible moniker "The Otaku". Instead I go by "Otakatt" and the image is not linked to my new name. But I think had you done more digging you could have at least found the project page.

The purpose of this post is not to make you feel bad or demand you not use the art. I mostly just wanted to educate you and others about proper etiquette when it comes to using another artist's work. In my experience most artists are very accommodating (particularly when it comes to fan art) if they are approached by someone asking permission to use their work. All most artists ask is to be credited for what they've done. And in this case that's all I ask for. :)

I wish you luck in this mod project and whatever other projects you pursue!

Yes, I will most definitely credit you for your work, thank you for letting me use it.

E: IPboard STOP double posting NOW.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello. :)
When the next version of Sue's Story will come out?

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
My target time is about three months pending on how much I am working this summer.

E: IPboard STOP DOUBLE POSTING NOW. (seriously that's the 4th time in as many posts)

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
BLink said:
E: IPboard STOP DOUBLE POSTING NOW. (seriously that's the 4th time in as many posts)
Even if the forums are being slow, only press the "Post" button once. Your inpatience is (probably) what's causing the double posts.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Even if the forums are being slow, only press the "Post" button once. Your inpatience is (probably) what's causing the double posts.
I swear that I'm only pressing it once. I promise.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I swear that I'm only pressing it once. I promise.

E: It did it again

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Maybe some issues with your mouse/trackpad?

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I haven't posted anything in a while.

Lavacavernpreview_zps4fb330d1.png

Paint tool SAI is more appealing then Boosters Lab.

E: double posts again?

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Professional Whatever
Hahahahaha did you seriously put a name plug in your map

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Nice work! I just hope for a new version soon.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
I'm sure you guys already figured out this, but I'll just come out and blankly state it.

I am putting Sue no Monogatari on indefinite hiatus for multiple reasons.

The first being, I am unhappy with the current content in the game, being this was the first CS mod project I started on, lit acks in certain areas in the game early on, especially how the plot develops on the balcony and in the mimiga village. After replaying the game, the dialogue is weak, the plot, though overall though out well, was executed poorly, and I really don't want to/do not consider it worth it to start from the beginning again.

The second being that I have lost current interest in the project, aside from some maps for the lava cavern, I haven't touched the thing since January 28th according to my hacking notes (This would be right before I started on DoR2). I'm more interesting in art, and I have regained some interest in CS assembly coding.

And finally it's because I want to make a DoR3, I want to let out my inner creativity that has been captive for far to long that I almost forgot it exists. DoR2, though a good start, only scratches the surface of what I wanted to do "originally" with the game.

Thank you for all understanding my selfish desires.

Aug 10, 2014 at 5:19 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It's sad, but I have to say that you might be making the right decision.

Big ambitious first projects just lose their quality as it goes on and on.

Good luck on your future plans.

At least you are still releasing things every now and then.

All these cool new people come in and I have nothing recent to show off myself :/

Aug 22, 2014 at 5:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
*grabs shovel*
i'm ready to dig a grave if this mod ever dies