Suu No Monogatari ~ Sue's Story 0.2.0.1

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:14 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Alright, If you guys want this to come back; I want at least 5 of you to write well though out paragraphs as of why I should do so.

I'm finding people comparing this game to K;SS and JNR and two people have come to me asking when it will be done/wanting to take over the project. Why? It's badly scripted, rushed, and incomplete. Are they just all people that don't know better is their some truth behind it?

Also I need someone with some artistic talent to make some stuff as well IF this get's revived.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I can do art, if you want.
That was my paragraph.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:34 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This mod shows Sue's own side of the story, which I find to be quite cool. The mod really stuck out to me, and I hope that it gets finished. Paragraph 2/5.

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Nov 17, 2015 at 5:22 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
If you guys did you would all be crying to me right about now begging me to bring it back.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:48 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
If you guys did you would all be crying to me right about now begging me to bring it back.
I think we enjoyed it, but as the motto of our society states; don't come to our forums and ask for stuff for free unless it is offered. Since it seems to be offered now, here is my take of where to go from where you left:
If my memory is correct, we left off where sue was given the choice to face misery or escape. Facing misery would result in just being trapped in jail and have normal events run their course.

In the escaping route, have sue be teleported to an abandoned lab filled with dormant killer robots that will be activated at a point while she is progressing through said lab. Eventually she will be cornered by a giant killer mech, but then be saved by misery who then captures sue afterward, and normal events run their course

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM
beep boop
If my memory is correct, we left off where sue was given the choice to face misery or escape. Facing misery would result in just being trapped in jail and have normal events run their course.

In the escaping route, have sue be teleported to an abandoned lab filled with dormant killer robots that will be activated at a point while she is progressing through said lab. Eventually she will be cornered by a giant killer mech, but then be saved by misery who then captures sue afterward, and normal events run their course
Yes I think that's a cool plot idea, but maybe Blink had something in mind. I just really wish to see the mod done, because it truely is a great one.

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:38 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
because it truely is a great one.

How?

JNR and K;SS are truly great mods, JNR because it actually feels like a professional (yes, I used that word) Expantion like you would see from DLC and K;SS feels the same way (although incompete)
Sue is just kinda half ass beginner level scripting with bugs, poor dialogue, the only decently good parts were the very beginning, and the mushroom cavern. It's noting beyond the ordinary for a CS mod.
I don't want to make "normal run of the mill" mods, I want to make something that would last as a staple of the community such as DoR2(?), WTF Story and JN.

Basically I feel like I can do a lot better then this;

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM
beep boop
Well, then if you can do better than this, then do better. I really like the mod, and if you can make it better, then why not do it? Make it more than normal, because why start from scratch when you already have a good concept?

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:49 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
How?

JNR and K;SS are truly great mods, JNR because it actually feels like a professional (yes, I used that word) Expantion like you would see from DLC and K;SS feels the same way (although incompete)
Sue is just kinda half ass beginner level scripting with bugs, poor dialogue, the only decently good parts were the very beginning, and the mushroom cavern. It's noting beyond the ordinary for a CS mod.
I don't want to make "normal run of the mill" mods, I want to make something that would last as a staple of the community such as DoR2(?), WTF Story and JN.

Basically I feel like I can do a lot better then this;
This is only a small community, people lose interest in mods regardless of how much effort went into them - so quit trying to be overly ambitious.
It obviously means a lot to people to be able to play as Sue. You don't have to do better than this, you should just finish what you started.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:07 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, because I don't want to.

I only want to make something people will enjoy.

I'd recommend you make something you enjoy, not something the community enjoys. I mean, it's nice to make something that receives a good amount of attention, but ultimately you're making a safer bet if you make something you enjoy, since then you'll probably enjoy making it more. And also if you enjoy it, then other people probably will as well.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JNR wasn't good in any sense of the word. It's important to me because of what resulted from its development, not its quality.

Alright, If you guys want this to come back; I want at least 5 of you to write well though out paragraphs as of why I should do so.

Get over yourself. If you want to finish this then finish it. If you don't want to then don't. This is your work, not ours.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:08 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Alright, I'm throwing in the towel on this project then.
I still hate it when mods get abandoned/cancelled, so I'll be willing to supply any sorta Assembly hack I can muster because if this doesn't get done It will haunt me someday.
Here's the latest buggy revision with a save before the ASM boss I made, it's not much and you can backtrack but yeah.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdybh5vbch2p4wt/0.3.0 BETA.zip?dl=0

It's not much, aside fro the flag reordering and a mucked up flower cavern. Also a text document is included with some stuff on a conversation I have with EO about how the game would progress.
I can't even remember who contacted me originally about taking over the project, but if you're interested PM me.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Maybe you should switch to Minecraft modding.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:28 PM
You would only need to know Java and it's more difficult to be egotistical when you're making Minecraft mods.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:45 PM
People are always looking for something that hasn't been done before, or for abandoned mods to be updated ;)