Sue's Workshop - Ideas

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:22 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Slife said:
I'm not sure exactly how the miminga mask sprite changing thing works. It isn't a simple check for the item in inventory (save game hacking doesn't do squat)... is it just triggered when you get it?

You SHOULD NOT have the mimiga mask in your inventary when you want to make a secound Charakter, because the player could de-equip it and your first charakter appears.
Just use the TSC command for equip the mimiga mask (Well I think it just tells that Cave Story has to use the mimiga mask Sprites.)

Code:
<EQ+x        EQuip +                Add X to equip flag bytes

Thats the Command.

Code:
Equip (EQ+/EQ-)        Profile.dat bytes 0x02C-02D (low byte first)
0001 Booster v0.8 (ignored if v2.0 on)
0002 Map System
0004 Arms Barrier
0008 Turbocharge
0016 Curly's Air Tank
0032 Booster v2.0
0064 Mimiga Mask
0128 Whimsical Star
0256 Nikumaru Counter
 NOTE: these are bitwise flags, the final value is the sum of the equipped items

So for equiping the mimiga mask: <EQ+0064
For de-equiping it: <EQ-0064
Thats it :confused:

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:24 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
You SHOULD NOT have the mimiga mask in your inventary when you want to make a secound Charakter, because the player could de-equip it and your first charakter appears.

but the mimiga cant be de-equiped in the first place....right? :confused: ;)

so why should it do it with a second character(mimiga mask)?

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
You have my hard mode game right Ristos?

Open it up in sue's workshop and check out the scripting i added under the "mimiga suit" Its in the same place you'd find the mimiga mask down at ArmsItem. That will show you how you can make it de-equipable.

Actually, im feeling nice, lemme copy paste stuff.

<KEY<MSGSuprisingly, when you take damage
you lose less weapon energy.<NOD<FLJ2090:7039<CLR
Will you equip it?<YNJ0000<EQ+0064<EQ+0004<FL+2090<MSG
Equipped the Mimiga Suit.<NOD<WAI0003<FRE<EVE5024

<KEY<MSGDo you want to remove it?<YNJ0000<EQ-0064<EQ-0004<FL-2090<MSG
Deequipped the Mimiga suit.<NOD<WAI0003<FRE<EVE5024

I combined the mimiga mask with the arms barrier by having EQ0065, and EQ0004 activate and deactivate at the same time. I made it so when you equip the armor you gain flag 2090 (any number you wanna use is fine, just make sure its not already used for something else in the game) and when you remove the armor you lose that flag. Then a flag jump (<FLJ) after the text "Suprisingly, when you take damage
you lose less weapon energy" is what determains if it asks you to equip or remove it.

Anyway you can use the same thing to essentialy turn quote into 2 "different" characters. Hope that makes some sense.

Feb 1, 2007 at 7:59 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
SeriousFace said:
You have my hard mode game right Ristos?

Open it up in sue's workshop and check out the scripting i added under the "mimiga suit" Its in the same place you'd find the mimiga mask down at ArmsItem. That will show you how you can make it de-equipable.

Actually, im feeling nice, lemme copy paste stuff.

<KEY<MSGSuprisingly, when you take damage
you lose less weapon energy.<NOD<FLJ2090:7039<CLR
Will you equip it?<YNJ0000<EQ+0064<EQ+0004<FL+2090<MSG
Equipped the Mimiga Suit.<NOD<WAI0003<FRE<EVE5024

<KEY<MSGDo you want to remove it?<YNJ0000<EQ-0064<EQ-0004<FL-2090<MSG
Deequipped the Mimiga suit.<NOD<WAI0003<FRE<EVE5024

I combined the mimiga mask with the arms barrier by having EQ0065, and EQ0004 activate and deactivate at the same time. I made it so when you equip the armor you gain flag 2090 (any number you wanna use is fine, just make sure its not already used for something else in the game) and when you remove the armor you lose that flag. Then a flag jump (<FLJ) after the text "Suprisingly, when you take damage
you lose less weapon energy" is what determains if it asks you to equip or remove it.

Anyway you can use the same thing to essentialy turn quote into 2 "different" characters. Hope that makes some sense.

wow yeah thats interesting thank you, i might try mucking around with sues workshop :confused:
ill just have to work my head around the code a bit ;)

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
wow yeah thats interesting thank you, i might try mucking around with sues workshop :(
ill just have to work my head around the code a bit :o

I hope you're going to make a mod mate :confused:
We really need modders here.
And if Prof.Eich finish it within the next version of Sues Workshop scripting will become rather easy ;)

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:58 PM
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm making a mod at the moment. I'm thinking "Arther's quest" (Yes, the mimiga). And then I'm stuck at the fact that I can't sprite, and Idk what the 1st boss should be :/

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:21 PM
Hoxtilicious
ZTaimat said:
I'm making a mod at the moment. I'm thinking "Arther's quest" (Yes, the mimiga). And then I'm stuck at the fact that I can't sprite, and Idk what the 1st boss should be :/

Lol maybe I coulda help you.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Actually, this could be changed by modifying the Mimiga mask script in ArmsItem.tsc

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Is there some way we could make it where you can like, when you create a new main character sheet you can adjust the size of the accepted sprites?

I'm an advanced spriter and all, but it's a total pain to cram detail into a sprite as small as Quote, and hair is a bit of an issue to :F

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Hoxtilicious
Bunny Bunny Bunny said:
Is there some way we could make it where you can like, when you create a new main character sheet you can adjust the size of the accepted sprites?

I'm an advanced spriter and all, but it's a total pain to cram detail into a sprite as small as Quote, and hair is a bit of an issue to :F

It can be edited but it maybe results in oversized big sprites in small area :/

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:06 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
im just curious will the weapon editor be in sues workshop or a separate application? and when will it be released :p

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:15 AM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
im just curious will the weapon editor be in sues workshop or a separate application? and when will it be released :(

Well as far as I can tell it will be in Sues Workshop, but I have no idea when its gonna be finished, I hope soon... But no worry Prof. Eich is still working on it. The first release of the new Version will almost be like the old one I think, but it will be different in how the entitys are displayed and such things :o

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i have a big one
make it so you can copy stages
like prefabe 1 and prefabe 2

Feb 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Hoxtilicious
Ragamuffin said:
i have a big one
make it so you can copy stages
like prefabe 1 and prefabe 2

Just copy the pxm file in the Stage folder. O.o :o

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:09 PM
"..."
Soooo something that would be nice. Not sure if this has been said. But when you open a new map / script it goes to the next spot. If you open up a bunch in a row, it makes kind of a stair case effect, where the top left of the new window will be at the top left, then down right a lil till the bottom of the screen. Then it opens back up at the top. I't would be cool if it just goes down right from the currently open window.

Hope thats understandable. And good luck prof! I hope to see more from you :o

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Hoxtilicious
SeriousFace said:
Soooo something that would be nice. Not sure if this has been said. But when you open a new map / script it goes to the next spot. If you open up a bunch in a row, it makes kind of a stair case effect, where the top left of the new window will be at the top left, then down right a lil till the bottom of the screen. Then it opens back up at the top. I't would be cool if it just goes down right from the currently open window.

Um... :rolleyes: Get well soon mate!

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hi.
I'm the guy making the German translation of CS with Shining Phantom.

Since this means pure text scipting work, a preview how it would look in the textbox would be good.
Cut off words aren't nice to look at and if it scrolls by too fast because of a forgotten <NOD sucks as well.

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:33 PM
"..."
Suggestion, lose tileset editor, instead while in map edit mode on the toolbar there can be 1 or 2 new icons. One showing you a larger version of the tile you have selected, the other showing you the type of tile. Just click the tile type to change it. I guess when you select multiple it wouldn't show anything on these...

Apr 8, 2007 at 2:28 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
here are my suggestions, regardless of whether or not they've been stated (or are even possible)-
1.Ability to edit images in the editor
(enemies, tiles, and NPCs,textbox,bullets, everything!)
2.Weapon editor-not just their picture, but actual function
3.Ability to select tiles already placed on the map (right click or CTRL+Click)
4.Undo button!
5.See the Sprites of entities placed on the map
That's about all I can think of. Sorry if I'm just repeating everything.

Also, thanks for making this awesome program. It has bropught alot of fun to me and everyone else at the forum. You are awesome!

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:03 PM
Hoxtilicious
TooManyBullets said:
1.Ability to edit images in the editor
(enemies, tiles, and NPCs,textbox,bullets, everything!)

Well we have paint for these I think.

TooManyBullets said:
3.Ability to select tiles already placed on the map (right click or CTRL+Click)

Do you mean an eyedroper tool?

TooManyBullets said:
5.See the Sprites of entities placed on the map

He already decided to build something like this into his editor :D (A idea by me :p)