Spikes. really

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:53 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
He's related to Mega Man and, like Mega, e-rings on contact with spikes.

Clearly. :>

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:27 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Talec said:
He's related to Mega Man and, like Mega, e-rings on contact with spikes.

Clearly. :>

I hadn't thought of that before. lol

Mar 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Meh, never played Megaman. Oh, and welcome to the forums, by the way.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Just like in Mega Man and a few other platformers, the spikes have an extreme energy current going through them that e-rings them/explodes them/overloads their heart so they explode into a ton of little blood pixels.

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:23 AM
In front of a computer
MetaSeraphim said:
Quote and Curly aren't cyborgs since there is nothing in the game that hints at them being anything other than pure robots.

That does not exclude the possibility of cyborgs, though. There's an overlap between robots and cyborgs.

Gah, stupid timer... 19 seconds... 7 seconds... 1 second... GO!

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:27 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Celtic Minstrel said:
That does not exclude the possibility of cyborgs, though. There's an overlap between robots and cyborgs.

I thought we were discussing SPIKES. AHEMHEMHEM.

like a boss

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:44 AM
/end
Speaking of spikes and Megaman reminds me of that video where Megaman was defeated by the boss, Spikewallman.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM
In front of a computer
DimJim said:
I thought we were discussing SPIKES. AHEMHEMHEM.

like a boss
Hm... I may have posted that in the wrong thread somehow... :/

EDIT: Ah... no I didn't, I just missed the second page. Post edited to include quote.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Deadly spikes, or sticks?

If we're going to wonder how red-coloured spikes of death can make Quote explode in such a spectacular way, why not ponder how a lone mimiga with a stick can achieve the same affect? (Toroko back at the warehouse, and yes I've seen it happen, and no it wasn't me who died)

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
If we're going to wonder how red-coloured spikes of death can make Quote explode in such a spectacular way, why not ponder how a lone mimiga with a stick can achieve the same affect? (Toroko back at the warehouse, and yes I've seen it happen, and no it wasn't me who died)

I think she's just running around.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Something or nothing?

DragonBoots said:
I think she's just running around.
Toroko at the warehouse? I'm almost 100% sure she had a stick.....she drops something when you shoot her...

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Toroko at the warehouse? I'm almost 100% sure she had a stick.....she drops something when you shoot her...

I've never noticed.
Will check it out.
Though it'll be tricky at 320x240 resolution to make out an object a few pixels in size.
Yes, 320x240 is the only resolution my computer can handle.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM
This Troper
VoidMage_Lowell said:
That's actually pretty easy if you think about it for a second. Toroko's stick is actually a spike! You may ask why is it not red, then. Well, as we know, Mimigas aren't particularly fond of the red color, so somebody painted it a different color to pass it as an ordinary stick.

By the way, can somebody tell me why the hell did I mentally play the Phoenix Wright Objection track when I was typing this?

May 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
T-Jack said:
That's actually pretty easy if you think about it for a second. Toroko's stick is actually a spike! You may ask why is it not red, then. Well, as we know, Mimigas aren't particularly fond of the red color, so somebody painted it a different color to pass it as an ordinary stick.
possibly. the spikes in the sand zone are brown, pretty much exactly the same color as the stick.:eek:
T-Jack said:
By the way, can somebody tell me why the hell did I mentally play the Phoenix Wright Objection track when I was typing this?

Cuz you had an objection, duh.:)

May 12, 2009 at 4:57 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
One thing I'm not understanding is why in the world would Santa just set down a deathtrap on the first floor? Either the guy's got a serious power critter problem in his house or he's not partially welcome to most company.

May 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Moddex said:
One thing I'm not understanding is why in the world would Santa just set down a deathtrap on the first floor? Either the guy's got a serious power critter problem in his house or he's not partially welcome to most company.
The spikes are plants and most likely grew there on their own. Santa obviously failed to weed them out before they became a problem.

May 12, 2009 at 6:11 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
andwhyisit said:
The spikes are plants and most likely grew there on their own. Santa obviously failed to weed them out before they became a problem.
Heh, if Santa was smart, he'd of fireball'd em while they were still susceptible to fire. Granted if they were weeds. I can't help but believe they are a mineral formation.

May 12, 2009 at 6:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm thinking he had it there as a warning to all who came into his house, since later Grasstown you see the spikes.

May 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Moddex said:
Heh, if Santa was smart, he'd of fireball'd em while they were still susceptible to fire. Granted if they were weeds. I can't help but believe they are a mineral formation.
1. The spikes protect the base. You could never hope to reach the base to remove the plant when it is fully grown. Santa must have left it too late, so now he has to put up with it.
2. It is quite obvious that the fireball's projectiles are not actual balls of fire considering that half of grasstown isn't up in flames by now, that it does not visually represent a ball of fire, and that you can use it underwater. It is probably only because it LOOKS sort of like a fireball that it was named such, like how a sea cucumber looks sorta like a cucumber in shape, but isn't really a cucumber.
3. Some people just can't be bothered. My sister's room is a good example of this. :(
4. Clearing out simple short spikey plants is easy if you can get at the base. Clearing meter-long spikes that can cut through steel out of a pit is impossible when there is no room in the pit to do anything 'sides impale yourself.
5. Mineral formations of that size take an extremely long time to form and certainly wouldn't form during the lifespan of Santa's house.

rust45 said:
I'm thinking he had it there as a warning to all who came into his house, since later Grasstown you see the spikes.
Not Santa's intent at all, Pixel left it there as a warning.

May 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM
This Troper
I think that Santa put that sign there after he found out that no, he certainly won't get rid of that fricking plant now. I wonder how many people already killed themselves because of that perfect Schmuck Bait...