Sep 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My little brother does music stuff and I got him to make a remix containing a couple assorted songs from Cave Story and Undertale, here. He doesn't do message boards so he told me it'd be cool to just post it here to try and get some feedback. So, feedback's appreciated.

[EDIT] Figured we'll just update the OP with anything new he does.

Last Battle/Megalovania
Labyrinth Zone/Jenka 1

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2016 at 5:09 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Tell your brother he has a lot of talent and shouldn't be shy to express it. This was amazing.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It was a pretty nice remix, but your brother could get better :X
Tell him to keep up the good work though!

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thank you all for the feedback, in my brother's words: "It's good to see that people like it after all the effort I put into it. I might try something with Jenka's theme next. Whatever I make, we'll post in here."

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:07 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Updated the OP with another song.

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That was an interesting remix your brother made of Jenka's theme. It used the Sega Genesis instruments and had a blend of the Labyrinth zone from Sonic The Hedgehog and Jenka's theme. This is fun to listen to.

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That was an interesting remix your brother made of Jenka's theme. It used the Sega Genesis instruments and had a blend of the Labyrinth zone from Sonic The Hedgehog and Jenka's theme. This is fun to listen to.
"Thanks, I had the idea for a while and it was interesting putting it together."

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:41 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I wish the square leads for Last Battle/Megalovania were more prominent - they tend to be drowned out by the accompaniment (at the part where Megalovania is first introduced - I think even bringing it up an octave would have worked better). As it started throwing in the Cave Story and Undertale tracks together, especially around the 2:15 mark, it began sounding really off for my taste. I think it was Balrog's theme that I wasn't sold on this combination of tracks from Cave Story and Undertale actually working together. Your medley, however, does a great job with flow, changing between the different tracks were reasonable, and I especially like how a part of the Last Battle accompaniment here uses one of Megalovania's instruments.

As for the Labyrinth Zone/Jenka one...I like how the spin is put on the Jenka theme - modified enough to sound almost like a "Labyrinth Zone" addition, but still in tact enough to be recognisable as Jenka's theme.

I also feel as though it would be more helpful to link new mashups both in the post announcing the new mashup in addition to the original post, but eh I guess it's not a big deal.