So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
First got it in 2010 on DSiWare. Didn't know it was freeware on PC at the time.

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Saw people named things such as quote / curly brace on places such as steam, read up about it and got hooked on it.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
I was looking on the wii shop and I found the wii shop, couldn't beat the DEMO, found there was a pc version a few years later and jumped at the chance to play the whole game.

Best decision I ever decided to make despite the fact there'd be no negative consequences.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I played the PC version at my grandma's house when I was really young. I don't know how they came across it though.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Apparently I've already replied to this topic 3 years ago. I cannot change the past, so the same story remains. Even today, I had been introduced to this game the same way as I was eight years ago three years ago. It's the same timeline. Unfortunately I can't really change it.

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:46 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I remember I got the Steam Version from an Weekly Humble Bundle I bought it because of 2 other games and I was like "Cave Story this game will be another Japanese ?#!+"

Man I was wrong. :(

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
All started on January 2005, I got my first computer and my mother bought an Internet system.
Back on that time I was a kid and I wanted a computer for playing, not for working.
Searching on the web I found the "indie game" denomination, and I searched "best indie games".
Cave Story was on the first place so I downloaded the game. It was beautiful, playing my still favorite game on my childhood was impactant.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
CS wiiware demo in 2010

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Found in 2008, forgot about for 5 years, came back in 2013. I've been making mods for myself to play since :)

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'd seen pictures and footage of it over the years but never knew that it was that game called Cave Story. I saw Deceased Crab play through a video in his early days but I COULD NOT stand him so, even though the game looked mildly interesting, I didn't give it the time of day and never looked at another video of it that he did.

Then last year I finally decided to check it out on the Wii Shop channel and holy ****.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deleted

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nov 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think I posted here before? If not then...

I was looking for cool freeware games.
I saw Cave Story.
Thought it was p cool and started playing it.
Internet went out so I played it during that time.
I finished it, and the internet came back around april.
Then I decided to join these forums, and uh, that's it.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:04 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
2 years ago, I found the demo on wii, played it, but wasn't interested. Then when I went to school, I mentioned it to my friend, and it turned out he was a total fan, and infected me with the best thing ever!

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My brother got CS+ in a Humble Bundle a couple years back, but neither of us played it.

Fast forward to earlier this year, I bought it on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, completely oblivious that I already had a better version on the computer my brother and I share.

It wasn't until I finished Cave Story on my 3DS XL and fell in love with it that I remembered that we had CS+.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I convinced a few of my friends to get CS on Wii. But DSiWare will always be my introduction to the game.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I found out by playing the Wiidemo of one, it was amazing. Later I played it for the psp and finished the game completely. I love it and its music

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I believe I first found out about Cave Story in a Nintendo Power magazine that I had (and still have) when Cave Story 3D came out I think. I wasn't really interested in it at the time. Awhile afterwards though (maybe like a year or two lol) they had a price drop on a different version of Cave Story on the Nintendo E-Shop. I remembered that the game got good reviews so I got it with the extra money I had on my account at the time during the sale. I fell in love with the game pretty much right when I first started playing it.

And thus, that's when I truly got into Cave Story.

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nintendo week (wish I had found out about it sooner)