• There have been a couple of accounts stolen via compromised passwords this week, we will continue trying to fix them as they happen but I would suggest everyone change any basic passwords and check if they've been caught in a data breach, in case it affects any other websites with more sensitive personal information that they may also be on

So, How did YOU find out about Cave Story?

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
First got it in 2010 on DSiWare. Didn't know it was freeware on PC at the time.

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Saw people named things such as quote / curly brace on places such as steam, read up about it and got hooked on it.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I was looking on the wii shop and I found the wii shop, couldn't beat the DEMO, found there was a pc version a few years later and jumped at the chance to play the whole game.

Best decision I ever decided to make despite the fact there'd be no negative consequences.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I played the PC version at my grandma's house when I was really young. I don't know how they came across it though.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Apparently I've already replied to this topic 3 years ago. I cannot change the past, so the same story remains. Even today, I had been introduced to this game the same way as I was eight years ago three years ago. It's the same timeline. Unfortunately I can't really change it.

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:46 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I remember I got the Steam Version from an Weekly Humble Bundle I bought it because of 2 other games and I was like "Cave Story this game will be another Japanese ?#!+"

Man I was wrong. :(

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
All started on January 2005, I got my first computer and my mother bought an Internet system.
Back on that time I was a kid and I wanted a computer for playing, not for working.
Searching on the web I found the "indie game" denomination, and I searched "best indie games".
Cave Story was on the first place so I downloaded the game. It was beautiful, playing my still favorite game on my childhood was impactant.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
CS wiiware demo in 2010

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Found in 2008, forgot about for 5 years, came back in 2013. I've been making mods for myself to play since :)

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'd seen pictures and footage of it over the years but never knew that it was that game called Cave Story. I saw Deceased Crab play through a video in his early days but I COULD NOT stand him so, even though the game looked mildly interesting, I didn't give it the time of day and never looked at another video of it that he did.

Then last year I finally decided to check it out on the Wii Shop channel and holy ****.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
deleted

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nov 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think I posted here before? If not then...

I was looking for cool freeware games.
I saw Cave Story.
Thought it was p cool and started playing it.
Internet went out so I played it during that time.
I finished it, and the internet came back around april.
Then I decided to join these forums, and uh, that's it.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:04 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
2 years ago, I found the demo on wii, played it, but wasn't interested. Then when I went to school, I mentioned it to my friend, and it turned out he was a total fan, and infected me with the best thing ever!

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My brother got CS+ in a Humble Bundle a couple years back, but neither of us played it.

Fast forward to earlier this year, I bought it on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, completely oblivious that I already had a better version on the computer my brother and I share.

It wasn't until I finished Cave Story on my 3DS XL and fell in love with it that I remembered that we had CS+.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I convinced a few of my friends to get CS on Wii. But DSiWare will always be my introduction to the game.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I found out by playing the Wiidemo of one, it was amazing. Later I played it for the psp and finished the game completely. I love it and its music

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I believe I first found out about Cave Story in a Nintendo Power magazine that I had (and still have) when Cave Story 3D came out I think. I wasn't really interested in it at the time. Awhile afterwards though (maybe like a year or two lol) they had a price drop on a different version of Cave Story on the Nintendo E-Shop. I remembered that the game got good reviews so I got it with the extra money I had on my account at the time during the sale. I fell in love with the game pretty much right when I first started playing it.

And thus, that's when I truly got into Cave Story.

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nintendo week (wish I had found out about it sooner)