Show off your org music...

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Tinned_Duck said:
Hello again gang,
I have returned having had a shot at making an actual factual piece of contemporary music using the beeps and bloops of orgmaker,
The song is "Hurricane Drunk" by Florence + the Machine.
If you don't know it youtube that mofo, it's quite snazzy.
Then compare it to this; HurricaneDrunk
Harp is tricky...

Tinned_Duck
It's not as powerful as the original, though I don't think that's a bad thing. The ORG makes me think of simple clouds, not hurricanes and brings out the calmer side of the original song. I do enjoy the way you simulated the harp effects though. While it does not sounds like a harp, it does fit in with the ambience brought out in this rendition.

Untitled85 (recording)

An older ORG I recently finished. It's supposed to be more of a calming, noisy piece.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
apis said:
Gross, you remade the remixed version of the song. I was hoping for the original, especially since it would translate a lot better into org.

Also your choice for the lead instrument makes the song sound oddly like a midi, which is weird. And everything is a bit too loud in your org/you're maxing out the built in compressor. You should at the very least fix the mixing levels.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have some tracks of my own to share as well, though I consider them each to only be about 70%ish finished.
Feel free to take them and use them as you like, no credit required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4x9iw3vqnwtcgb/Tumbler.org?dl=0
This one has some samples from Lemming's Paintball Nice1 on the second half

https://www.dropbox.com/s/en8mfx4v1yxljde/Mines.org?dl=0
Loosely based on the 2nd mines them from spelunky

(DL links are in URL form because I'm having a bit of trouble with the link function in the poster)

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Feb 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Random-storykeeper said:
In due time, I'll listen to these. For now, a new Nitrome medley awaits.

DEWD!!!
RADICAL!!!
on the topic of nitrome, remember cheese dreams?
remember its phunky ass music?
If you ever get around to it,
I DARE YOU to make that pumpin' tune on the platform of orgmaker.
I HAVE no DOUBTs THat you would DO IT JUSTICE!!

HA!
Tinned Duck

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Beakface
Aw yes. Cheese Dreams has great music. I actually got partway through making a transcription for its title theme, but I started combining it with Mirror Image's and, well, it sounded pretty good. If or when I have more time, I will take on that dare.

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:37 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'm bored, and it's almost 6:00 in the morning.
Take a song.

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's been a while, huh?

I've been busy with real life and famitracker, which I've gotten good at.

However, in just a few days I'll have been using orgmaker for a year, and I got nostalgic for it.

One of my very first .orgs, ever, is an absolutely shameful half-assed cover of Tomahawk Man from megaman 6. Recently I decided to make a cover of the song, while also touching it up and adding some echo, extra depth, etc. This certainly isn't the best I can do, but I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.filedropper.com/tomahawk2015

Expect another upload from me sometime soon, it'll probably be another cover.

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:21 AM
hate9 said:
I'm bored, and it's almost 6:00 in the morning.
Take a song.

I liked this thing that you created, the silence between the notes in particular helps bring out the raw emotion infused into the actual melody and whatnot.
I also dared to go beyond the loop point and was greeted with mind numbing terror, but at least it was colourful mind numbing terror.

I also made a song, I feel like I create better when I have a central theme to work around, this one followed "Old factory slowly coming back to life"
Have a listen,
Elec

Tinned Duck

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I said my next upload would be a cover, but then this original song just kind of happened.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1o7ba1bzv91dd3

The idea behind this song is a level for a mod or a standalone game. Soon after you get the air tank, you also get a set of boots that allow for free movement underwater [basically the gravity suit from super metroid] and find some underwater ruins. I tried for an atmosphere of underwater diving, with light rays coming through the wreckage. Does this sound good?

Apr 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
Apr 1, 2015 at 4:30 AM
SKaR_271 said:
I said my next upload would be a cover, but then this original song just kind of happened.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1o7ba1bzv91dd3

The idea behind this song is a level for a mod or a standalone game. Soon after you get the air tank, you also get a set of boots that allow for free movement underwater [basically the gravity suit from super metroid] and find some underwater ruins. I tried for an atmosphere of underwater diving, with light rays coming through the wreckage. Does this sound good?

I really like this, it is a bit metroid-esque, but less foreboding and more, i don't know, triumphant.
The percussion is PHAT AS and really adds to the whole mood of it, keep pumping out high quality gear like this and i will come to your house and kiss you.
Tinned Duck

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:46 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
ColdCallerloppy said:
Why are they in compressed 7z files

Okay uhh I usualy never do this but let's see here
Main melody's a little weak
Might want to either change the instrument to something with a little more 'oomph' or expand upon the arrangment
Hi-hats are kinda loud

I'm guessing this is supposed to be a boss theme or something and if it is the song does a pretty good job of building tension and giving a frantic feel
It's a little bare right now, might want to add more