Show off your org music...

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
apis said:
Interesting song choice. But still, your rendition is accurate and does sound rather pleasing. I have to say that even though I typically don't like percussion other than the default Cave Story instrument set, you made it sound pretty good with the other drums. Good job.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Doors said:
Wow more transcriptions I did the title screen from mogeko castle this time

Org
Soundcloud

Original (first link i could find :U)

Thanks for the feedback on my last org btw RSK c:
Welcome. :D Sorry this response came late.

I really like the way you handle high notes in this ORG. They hit with just the right amount of force so that they are still prominent, but not ear splitting. The panning is quite nice, even though I don't hear any of that in the original.

If I had to pick one thing I had an issue with, I'd say the ORG rendition doesn't exactly suit the feel of the original music. The original track reminds me of a music box, and it would be interesting to achieve that same effect in the ORG itself as a further challenge. I'm guessing one of these issues can be fixed by simply adding more volume envelope to track 6's individual notes. I tried setting the volume points to follow a sort of decay curve, and that definitely helps to achieve that musical box effect. Maybe you've already been tweaking this since I last listened, I dunno.

I currently have some original pieces in the works, but for the time being, here's a couple transcriptions I did with the music of a cute little game called Shybot:

Carefree Sprint (plays in the Hive/main map world) - I'm pretty sure I messed up the chords in the end, as well as track 2's accompaniment, but I did my best to pick out the notes in the original...

Misty Caverns - A very simple but ambient track. I can't find a recording of the original for this, but it's the first track you hear after selecting "New Game" - it plays during cutscenes and in the Misty Caverns area.

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
Random-storykeeper said:
Misty Caverns - A very simple but ambient track. I can't find a recording of the original for this, but it's the first track you hear after selecting "New Game" - it plays during cutscenes and in the Misty Caverns area.
I just listened to it. Nice work.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Beakface
Something Generic

I wanted to go back to making simpler music for a bit. So I limited myself to only three music tracks. Perhaps next time I should consider full on NES with only one drum track I think it is?...but that would be for another day.

ShinigamiMachine said:
Here's a demo I've been working on for a few hours: https://soundcloud.com/shinigamimachine/wip-organya-demo-3
Not bad. The volume on this seems to be mostly uniform, with little to no enveloping, which made the ORG drag on a bit. It started really coming together at around 0:55, when percussion gradually made its way in and I do enjoy the slow buildup and introduction of new parts to overlay the recurring line. I wish it would have picked up a little earlier though.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:59 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Beakface
2DBro said:
Don't worry everyone. This one is decent. And much longer than my past ones too, like, 31 seconds I think?
Here's the song. I call it "Parched"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edpnpbmisulmpfn/Parched.org?dl=0
Cool. Sounds Middle Eastern-y...I like the little trills, and it's got good pacing.

Tracks 3 and 2 at bar 15 should be increased in volume for the last two notes. The decrescendo is good but it decreases too steeply to the point that the last couple notes are drowned out by the accompaniment.

Track 3 from bar 24 onwards could benefit from some volume enveloping, maybe with an upwards incline. It just sounds a little soft, and will help with the transition from the last bar looping back to the first. I know that you do increase the volume for that last note before the end repeat, but I think the other notes require a similar volume scheme as well.

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:33 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Jan 14, 2015 at 2:59 AM
Beakface
Jan 14, 2015 at 7:12 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I've just started messing around with this kind of stuff and I made two short tracks based off of orchestral works.

The first is "Castle on a Cloud" which I was thinking of replacing the "Gameover" theme with but decided better of it.

The second is "Davy Jones" which I may actually wind up replacing "Break Down" with.

View attachment castleonacloud.zip

View attachment davyjones.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 14, 2015 at 8:46 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Preferably could you upload them to hosting sites and not in zip format for individual files?

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Nadojin said:
Preferably could you upload them to hosting sites and not in zip format for individual files?
I will later when I'm not feeling lazy...
Here's a link to a track that I want to use to replace "Got Item!" in my mod. It's called "Lode Stone" and is based off of a track from Ace Combat 2.

Lode Stone

Do you think it's good enough to replace "Got Item"?

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:31 AM
Beakface
SuperJaws100 said:
I will later when I'm not feeling lazy...

Here's a link to a track that I want to use to replace "Got Item!" in my mod. It's called "Lode Stone" and is based off of a track from Ace Combat 2.

Lode Stone

Do you think it's good enough to replace "Got Item"?
I would loop a bar of silence at the end so the theme doesn't eventually repeat itself, but other than that, I guess it's okay. By the way, you seem to have your drums mixed up. Snare 01, HiClose, HiOpen, Tom01 and Per01 go in tracks W, E, R, T and Y respectively. I don't know if just having the mod compatible drums works in different tracks. I'm aware you're not using percussion in this ORG, so take it as a memo for your future ORGs.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM
Random-storykeeper said:
I would loop a bar of silence at the end so the theme doesn't eventually repeat itself, but other than that, I guess it's okay. By the way, you seem to have your drums mixed up. Snare 01, HiClose, HiOpen, Tom01 and Per01 go in tracks W, E, R, T and Y respectively. I don't know if just having the mod compatible drums works in different tracks. I'm aware you're not using percussion in this ORG, so take it as a memo for your future ORGs.
Yeah I noticed that with a new track I made...

EDIT:

How do you add a second loop? Or if I am misunderstanding, what do you mean by "loop a bar of silence".

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Beakface
Wow I really screwed up there when I said that you didn't use percussion. I was probably thinking of your other ORG that you posted in the other thread.

If you go to Settings, then Song Setup, you can adjust where the ORG should start looping. You can set it between two bars that don't have any notes in them. In the case of Lode Stone, it could be bars 8 and 9. This just ensures that the ORG won't loop once it plays. (The default is set to loop at bar 255, which means the sound will eventually play again should someone stay on the "get item" event for too long.) Well, even if you don't, it's not a big deal. I just see it in other non-looping ORGs used in Cave Story, and it's a good practice.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM
Here's a new track:

Twinsanity

I want to replace Gestation with this.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM
Random-storykeeper said:
Is this a transcription or an original work?
It's a partial transcription. It's generally based off of a track from Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity but there are some differences that would classify it as a "Remix".

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:46 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I have no idea what I was thinking when I made this, but it sounds interesting.......
True Darkness - Zenix
Enjoy..

Here's an updated old one, too...
CRAZY LA PAINT - Minimusicman / Markiplier's Theme

Original-

Youtube