Show off your org music...

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:39 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm pretty sure this has been done before (though a search didn't turn up anything of relevance), but I wanted to challenge myself to transcribe a Mega Man piece by ear, so I attempted the track with one of the greatest hooks in MM9: Tomato Tornado Man.

At first, I never really cared for any bit that came after the hook, but after doing this, I think the other sections are starting to grow on me.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Cool rendition, the extra bits you added yourself are a nice departure from the original. The volume is a bit wacky though. The percussion is rather quiet compared to the melody, which itself fluctuates on occasion (most noticeably when the song loops).

May 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Beakface
Oh heh I thought the percussion would be too loud, so I tried to tone it down a lot in hopes that it wouldn't overpower the melody. Now I'm going to be scratching my head at the extra bits I added that are different from the original. I kind of had to go with my own intuition on some parts, particularly near the end when the voices seemed to overlap with each other and the percussion in general was kind of a huge guess. But thanks!

Finished another MM9 transcription of one of my favourite Mega Man tracks: Galaxy Man. This was based off of the sound of the original track.

I've come to realise that the volume adjustment seems to be slightly different in ORG Maker 2.05 and 2.10. I did both this and Tornado Man's in 2.05, and I'm guessing it played a factor in the really soft percussion. Nonetheless, I tried to readjust the percussion so that it would flow better in the loop.
Shade of a Wave said:
My first org and it's a remix. gg.

Clicky.
I've been meaning to comment on this for a while, but then I got that blank screen and Takeshi beat me to it. Aw.

Well anyways, good job. It's real chill. Love the percussion, but to me, it feels a tad too slow. Probably because the notes used here are all uniform with no enveloping. I'm pretty sure having longer held notes fade will reduce the feel of the ORG being set at too high of a wait time or something.

Also I like how I can pick out the theme that's being remixed here, but it still feels like you made it your own.

May 4, 2015 at 4:45 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
May 5, 2015 at 3:46 AM
Beakface
TheVinylCheese said:
Nice. Still has a bit of that Owl City sound to it in the intro, which I really like. I'm also liking track 7's short note additions. Overlaying tracks 1 and 2 created a pretty awesome sound. An all around pretty solid work. If I had to nitpick one thing, I'd say the amount of buzz in track 3 was a bit too much, though I can get used to it after the first couple of loops. But I would have preferred to hear an instrument with a little less buzz to it, such as wave 65 or ones in the 50s (eg 55).

May 5, 2015 at 3:57 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Random-storykeeper said:
Nice. Still has a bit of that Owl City sound to it in the intro, which I really like. I'm also liking track 7's short note additions. Overlaying tracks 1 and 2 created a pretty awesome sound. An all around pretty solid work. If I had to nitpick one thing, I'd say the amount of buzz in track 3 was a bit too much, though I can get used to it after the first couple of loops. But I would have preferred to hear an instrument with a little less buzz to it, such as wave 65 or ones in the 50s (eg 55).
Thanks, glad you liked it, though I must say I had no intention of having any resemblance to Owl City.

May 15, 2015 at 4:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Safusaka said:
Mining Melancholy

I've been working on this, I guess.
Oh man, this is pretty good. But some comments/feedback:

-The percussion in the intro was okay/probably the best you can do with orgmaker, but doesn't quite do the original justice. I really think it's the "traincart landing" sound they use from DKC1 that really makes it.
-The echo-y part at bar 18 should really have its echos extend into the next bar, since it cuts off the delay of the last note. I'd also recommend adding extra delay for the last 2 notes that are played, that is, echoing them 3 times instead of 2, since the track is free/not doing any work and it generally sounds better/gives the illusion of a deeper echo for all the notes.
-The echo on the main melody that comes in at 28 is *really* under-stated in your cover. In the original song the delayed part there is very audible and distinct, whereas in your cover it is not. I think this problem actually stems from how you're using track 2 here, since the delay is too soon. That and the delay itself is just too weak to be properly heard.

May 15, 2015 at 8:24 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The End
A final boss theme largely remixed from Chrono Trigger's World Revolution.
It isn't the same, though, as I added a few touches of my own to, well... make it more of my own.

It is still largely WIP, though, and some transitions need to be smoother. However, I think it sounds amazing thus far...
any thoughts?

May 17, 2015 at 9:09 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Zenix said:
The End
A final boss theme largely remixed from Chrono Trigger's World Revolution.
It isn't the same, though, as I added a few touches of my own to, well... make it more of my own.

It is still largely WIP, though, and some transitions need to be smoother. However, I think it sounds amazing thus far...
any thoughts?
Very impressive manipulation of the instruments, it sounds amazing. Track 1 seems slightly loud for the beginning, maybe bring out track 2 and 3 more (especially after track 6 is introduced). Tracks 3 & 5 sound kinda muddy when they go low and are mixed with other tracks but that seems to happen in ORG so I don't know if you can do much about that. The section from bars 78-90 sounds amazing but I think the percussion could be a bit stronger there. Track 4 could be louder when it's used for a trill like at bar 90 though the volume sounds about right at the beginning.

Overall it's really great, you did a nice job differentiating it from the original.

May 19, 2015 at 5:40 AM
Sky Bridge

A song mostly transposed from this:

May 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Wow this is nothing like Through The Fire And Flames, where's my 100% FC on Expert mode?? Not a bad song though. I like the bass, it sounds kind of Genesis-y.

May 23, 2015 at 2:44 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
May 26, 2015 at 8:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
:balrog: FfffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFINALLY, IT IS DONE!!

THE END

I worked hard on this, the end of the loop sounds a little odd, but otherwise, I think it sounds awesome.
Tell me wat ya think :chin:

May 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
May 29, 2015 at 3:03 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've been away for a long time, so just to get back on the forums, here's a quick song I sequenced in about five minutes. This is the ORG rendition of the "Victory Dance" theme from the Commodore 64 game Forbidden Forest. I think I mastered ORGMaker since last time.

Taking the critique from my last post, I made the instruments sound like the C64, and nailed it without making it ear-splitting! I also threw in the percussion for good measure. If you find the original too noisy, there's an alternate version below without the percussion.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mqp7pxotv0mk13/ForbiddenForest-Victory.org
http://www.mediafire.com/download/umas8xp5cw3l7zw/ForbiddenForest-VictoryNODRUM.org

Before I go, I have something else. This is a song I made last month but I didn't get around to posting it. I may use it in the future. It's an original piece that's really basic, yet sounds both peaceful and therapeutic. Don't listen to it in WinAMP though, it sounds atrocious.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vx4bsnq90hd7yfn/Recovery.org

EDIT: I updated the Victory music with a different instrument. Now it should sound like the C64!

May 29, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Beakface
Zenix said:
:balrog: FfffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFINALLY, IT IS DONE!!

THE END

I worked hard on this, the end of the loop sounds a little odd, but otherwise, I think it sounds awesome.
Tell me wat ya think :chin:
It sounds like something Zenix would make. :chin:

Ha but in all seriousness it's all right. It doesn't feel like an "ending" piece though. It's not urgent enough. Nice panning, and I do enjoy track 4. Tracks 1, 2, 6 and 4 starting at bar 35 needed a little more gradual volume slide, I feel. They come across as being flat. And maybe they could be a little louder or that grating bass (which I like) needs to tone down a tad.

2DBro said:

Nice slide in bar 7. :D I especially like how it gets quiet bar 16 onwards. I thought that was a good enough contrast. But the last bar before the loop is strange, considering how track 4 comes blasting out of nowhere. Playing track 2 before the loop works as a bass, but higher notes would probably be easier on the ears if the volume had a linear swell.

GBAura said:
I've been away for a long time, so just to get back on the forums, here's a quick song I sequenced in about five minutes. This is the ORG rendition of the "Victory Dance" theme from the Commodore 64 game Forbidden Forest. I think I mastered ORGMaker since last time.

Taking the critique from my last post, I made the instruments sound like the C64, and nailed it without making it ear-splitting! I also threw in the percussion for good measure. If you find the original too noisy, there's an alternate version below without the percussion.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1mqp7pxotv0mk13/ForbiddenForest-Victory.org
http://www.mediafire.com/download/umas8xp5cw3l7zw/ForbiddenForest-VictoryNODRUM.org

Before I go, I have something else. This is a song I made last month but I didn't get around to posting it. I may use it in the future. It's an original piece that's really basic, yet sounds both peaceful and therapeutic. Don't listen to it in WinAMP though, it sounds atrocious.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vx4bsnq90hd7yfn/Recovery.org

EDIT: I updated the Victory music with a different instrument. Now it should sound like the C64!
270 wait time :O

I like the panning in track 1 but I feel like the percussion needs to be louder.

A Dank Waltz Among Flowers

This was a compensation entry for this week's OHC, and an experimentation messing with a transition from duple to triple metre in ORG.