Show off your org music...

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
TheVinylCheese said:
Gardener: I feel like the melody gets lost behind all the accompaniment sometimes, but it's an all around happy track.

Pillow Case: Kinda reminds me of "Reflection" (another of your ORGs), only more dream-like. The intro was a little empty, but once it picked up, it got good.

Trouble: I like how the piece gives me the impression that it picks up tempo as more parts are introduced.

Hotdog Bun: Sounds nice. Out of all the ORGs of yours I've heard so far, this is probably the one that sounds the least like Owl City to me. XD

PolarStarGames said:
Really nice! Great work as always Tpcool.
I'm uploading some of the orgs from my most recent mod to Soundcloud for convenience. Here's the Title Screen from it and here's a "calm" song I made, used in the credits.
The harmonies sound a little off, but I'm digging 0:50 onwards (This is for "An Orgmaker Tune"). I like the play with volume enveloping. Sometimes this one will wander off too much with no real sense of direction. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if that's what you're going for. But it might leave listeners with a directionless feeling.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:47 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Lavos Core-Chrono Trigger
Note~Two counts of ear rape.
Completely intentional, as in the original track.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Here's another...
Edo Castle - Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon; Goemon's Great Adventure

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Random-storykeeper said:
Aw, I have to create a Dropbox account to download Dropbox files? That sucks.
No, once you click to download the file there should be an option to download it without an account. It's hard to tell, but it's there.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Dunc2403 said:
ALSO: As some of you may or may not know I am working on a complete rehaul of the mod's music - everything in the original demos that was transcribed by sold is going to be replaced with an original piece by me. This includes the title, the song from the facility, and the outdoors song. The first one I've finished a replacement for is Schala's Theme, the song from the lab. The replacement is right here, for your listening pleasure: Labo.org Tell me what you think.
Mirroring this here, for people with specific thread subscriptions and stuff.

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello my friends on the internet,
I have fumbled my way through creating another wacky piece,
Cogent,
It makes both dollars and sense.

Love,
TYNNED DARK.

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Beakface
Sorry this is late but:
Dunc2403 said:
ALSO: As some of you may or may not know I am working on a complete rehaul of the mod's music - everything in the original demos that was transcribed by sold is going to be replaced with an original piece by me. This includes the title, the song from the facility, and the outdoors song. The first one I've finished a replacement for is Schala's Theme, the song from the lab. The replacement is right here, for your listening pleasure: Labo.org Tell me what you think.
Pretty good use of repetition there. Sometimes I feel like tracks 5, 6 and 7 from bars 14 to 22 don't build up enough, though that much just be the instrument choice making them soft. I also feel the Hi Open beats shouldn't be of equal volume per bar; it makes them too uniform.

I like how track 4's solo goes well with the motif though, and the overall atmosphere of the ORG. A sort of unsettling, mysterious vibe from the soft undertones.

Tinned_Duck said:
Hello my friends on the internet,
I have fumbled my way through creating another wacky piece,
Cogent,
It makes both dollars and sense.

Love,
TYNNED DARK.
Interesting. The ORG reminds me a lot of "Watery Caves", I think it's called (one of your earlier ORGs). It has that same sort of Geothermal feel with a bit of a dance swing to it. That's neat. I really like what you do with the percussion, especially when using it to transition to new ideas (combining different drum tracks and making them slide).

Bars 33 to 47 is where the ORG started getting a little muddy for me and lost its way, especially since the ORG's melody doesn't seem cohesive to begin with.

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Professional Whatever
I was in a music mood so I made a transcription. The name of the song is Earth's Assault on the Central AI. I tried this years ago, and boy was it shitty. I kind of wish I still had that copy.

Soundcloud
Org

Original

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
So here I am again with more music. This time it is from a game and luckily it was easy to make. Its a simple song with one track, thus very lackluster, but a very memorable song. The song consists of 8 melodies throughout the piece.
You use these 8 melodies to stop Giegue, saving Earth.
The game may be obvious to tell now, if you're a hardcore, or regular, Earthbound fan. 8 Melodies from Mother/Earthbound Zero.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwy2f9pqkzpfbrx/8-Melodies%20Mother%201%28Earthbound%20Zero%29.org?dl=0

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Beakface
Doors said:
I was in a music mood so I made a transcription. The name of the song is Earth's Assault on the Central AI. I tried this years ago, and boy was it shitty. I kind of wish I still had that copy.SoundcloudOrgOriginal

Woa, awesome choice. I really liked Tettix's work in My First Quantum Translocator, and the music you transcribed is no exception.

A mostly faithful transcription, from what I hear. (This is my first time listening to the original, so I'm not too familiar with this piece.) The only thing that truly sticks out for me is the fact that the bass doesn't come in strong enough when introduced. I feel like in the original the bass notes are also held when it comes in as well, but in your ORG you chose to have the notes alternate between the octaves. I like the instrument choice for track 1, though, as well as track 2.

2DBro said:
So here I am again with more music. This time it is from a game and luckily it was easy to make. Its a simple song with one track, thus very lackluster, but a very memorable song. The song consists of 8 melodies throughout the piece.
You use these 8 melodies to stop Giegue, saving Earth.
The game may be obvious to tell now, if you're a hardcore, or regular, Earthbound fan. 8 Melodies from Mother/Earthbound Zero.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwy2f9pqkzpfbrx/8-Melodies%20Mother%201(Earthbound%20Zero).org?dl=0
A nice melody. Calming with a bit of colour. Can't say much about the transcription itself though; I'm not familiar with Earthbound/Mother? Never heard of the latter.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:27 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
*Receives no feedback*
Nyeh... Shows how much musical effect I have O^Q

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Beakface
Sorry; it's hard to give feedback on transcriptions without an original to compare to. I suppose I could look them up; guess I just forgot at the time. Besides, I remember giving feedback on one of your ORGs. Oh well. Most of mine never receive any feedback, but I've come to accept the terms that this is a "Show off your org music" thread more than it is a "give me feedback on my ORG music thread".
Also, to get feedback, it also helps to give feedback...

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Ah, makes sense =w="
Yeeah, sorry.

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Dunc2403 said:
Continuing progress on DUNC'S MUSIC UPHEAVAL:Title.org
Wow I did this whole thing in like less than 24 hours but holy shit I really like it
What do you guys think of it?
Mirroring here. I'm really proud of this one.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Beakface
Dunc2403 said:
Continuing progress on DUNC'S MUSIC UPHEAVAL:
Title.org
Wow I did this whole thing in like less than 24 hours but holy shit I really like it
What do you guys think of it?
Nice, it's quite lengthy for 24 hours' worth of work. The melody feels a little sluggish for me at times, but the harmonies and change in percussion make up for it for the most part. Overall I feel like there could be some more noticeable variation, like an addition of a new theme when the melody repeats itself.

I really like the effect of track 1 and 8 played simultaneously. It creates this buzzing noise when held that fits the premise of the ORG overall.

I started making this ORG a couple months back and decided to return to it today and complete it. The ORG is mostly simple, progressive repetition, but feedback is welcome all the same.

Untitled63 (a recording can be listened to here)

EDIT: my head is dead