Show off your org music...

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

I'm not that good in terms of my relative pitch, but from what I've heard this seems to be on point. Of course, as I said earlier, my pitch ain't all that, so I could be wrong. That said, the tempo is much too slow. I'd say it's in the 150-160 range. The drums at the beginning don't sound too hard to transcribe, but that's easy for me to say; I'm a drummer myself! The drums seem to be playing a shuffle with an open hi-hat emphasis on the backbeat Speaking of shuffle, try changing the grid display to 4 beat 6 step. the Original song has a definite shuffle/swing feel and I think putting things in sextuplet time could really help. When you do start the drums on your track, they become a bit too slow and off-beat. Just try placing kick on 1 and 3 and closed hi-hat on 2 and 4, the backbeat. After the intro the beat becomes pretty simple.

Also, here's an .ORG transcription of my favorite Sonic 1 song. I feel as if the instruments I chose could use some work, but I'm just gonna publish this now for some feedback.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Also, here's an .ORG transcription of my favorite Sonic 1 song. I feel as if the instruments I chose could use some work, but I'm just gonna publish this now for some feedback.
There are some minor issues, but overall it is a nice transcription! Mostly accurate note placement, and the choice of instrument of the bass is fitting. The biggest problem for me would be track 6, as it is an octave too high, which kinda hurts my ears. I would lower the whole track by one octave. Also, I think the bass track is one octave lower in the original, but it sounds fine where it is now so that's more a matter of preference. There are some minor things too, like the choice of instrument as you mentioned. I think the square-sounding waves for tracks 3 and 6 work well enough, and I mentioned before the bass is good, but you might wanna try experimenting with the others. Also, I think the song (specifically track 6) would benefit from the volume decay commands. I applied the "decay slow" command to the whole track just to see what it sounded like, and it seemed to sound more like the original than without volume decay, so you might want to examine the original song a bit and determine when the volume drops off for each note.
But those are mostly just minor nitpicks, so good job on the song! I do love Spring Yard myself.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:56 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Apr 5, 2017 at 3:13 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
well my friend, i hope you continue to have this problem cuz this is very good
excellent rendition, i don't have much of anything to complain about. very nice instrument selection and it sounds mostly accurate. keep up the good work man.

so since we're on a sonic kick here, might as well post my cover of Splash Hill 3 that i made a few months ago. i really like this song, and i think orgmaker's synth-y sounding waves did the original song justice.

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A very good remix indeed. Another user posted a rendition of this song a long time ago, and it wasn't nearly as good as this. This one definitely does the original song justice.

so since we're on a sonic kick here, might as well post my cover of Splash Hill 3 that i made a few months ago. i really like this song, and i think orgmaker's synth-y sounding waves did the original song justice.
I'm not familiar with the original song of this, but I certainly to like the sound of this. This was probably a tricky one, because having as many tracks as that work together at the same starting at bar 4 like that can be tricky, but you seemed to handle it quite nicely.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:49 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
OK so >>here<< are my tunes. Some of them I have already posted here at one point or another, although most of those are heavily revised.
I'd appreciate feedback I guess, although some aren't actually done
Hematophagy and Bat Ballet are two sides of the same coin, and I'm not sure which I like better
kissing vines is letkajenkka
rust glow is hardly anywhere near being even slightly done good lord
i've posted night sky's gift and regiphobia before but they're way better now
autumn in three is still my favorite

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 10:35 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Here's my take on the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars (if that wasn't obvious already)
All the percussion is new because I felt like the song needed something a little 'special' to give it a new feel.

May 8, 2017 at 4:39 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Here's my take on the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars (if that wasn't obvious already)
All the percussion is new because I felt like the song needed something a little 'special' to give it a new feel.
Wow, this is actually very good. Were you always this good at making orgs? lol. I can't remember how many of yours I've listened to, honestly. Still, fantastic job, I have no complaints.

May 8, 2017 at 9:34 PM
2dbro
It was 90% done with a midi that I just put on to Orgmaker, thanks though. I'd consider this one of my better ORGs anyway.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 12:23 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I can't wait to come back full time to ORGmaking when I get my new computer. For now, however, here are two I made:
The Fiery Musician - This is a stunted mashup of some things that define me, it starts out with an original and then transitions to my favorite songs from my favorite games/movies/media.
Dragonborn - a sort of re-imagining of Skyrim's main theme with elements of Morrowind and Oblivion thrown in. Note I made this using the garbled nonsense that are the drums when using ORGmaker in Wine so the drums may sound like crap or be screwed up.

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:32 AM
2dbro
Let's try and get this thread back up and running.
Here's a handful of ORGs I've posted previously exclusive to the discord.

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM
I have some ORGs in the works that I've been working on steadily over the past few months on the rare, rare occasions I could access a functional computer. By mid-summer I should have my new laptop and then I'll be making up for lost time! This thread will be filled by August.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:47 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm just working on whatever ideas come to my head every so and so, original music takes time. Not to say music that's transcribed is easy but for me at least it can take a good dozen tries or so before I'm satisfied with a song I wanna pursue working on.

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:03 PM
2dbro
Snowman from Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:55 AM
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 1:37 AM
2dbro
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:41 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator