Show off your org music...

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:33 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I made an (original) ORG, haha!

It is funny because I do not post here.
The link should work? idk, but this is my first exhibited ORG, while not... The first try xP
p proud of it, though. Here's a MIDI version, different flavour.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:10 AM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
For the first time in a while, I have an original ORG to show off.

Song of the Journey

It started out as a motif from "Blockade" from Ace Combat and then developed into a sort of Alternative Rock area theme.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:24 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Jan 8, 2016 at 3:33 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
got bored again so heres another song without a title
That is fantastic, perhaps the gang of cheeky rapscallions is ante-ing up for a raid of massive proportions.
or perhaps im looking into it too deeply, whatever the case, it's nifty as the dickens.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:41 PM
2dbro
Jan 14, 2016 at 4:35 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Jan 14, 2016 at 5:07 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Just played the game Tower of Heaven and recognized part of the music. Then I realized you used part of the melody in your Ninja's Delight song.
Don't worry, I won't tell.
http://store.flashygoodness.com/track/indignant-divinity
Oh my, good ear. :) I wasn't sure if anyone else would find out.

(btw since you did quote an older post, perhaps I should also say that that's supposed to be Mega Man 3's intro at the beginning and not 2's...)

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:21 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
that's supposed to be Mega Man 3's intro at the beginning and not 2's
Yeah, I noticed this awhile back, but didn't care enough to change the post. I just want to say again how amazing that song is. I download most songs posted in this thread, but the Ninja's Delight trilogy are the only ones I really go back to.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:31 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So I made this. It's pretty short and it doesn't really go anywhere, but I think it's good nonetheless.

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:08 AM
Feb 9, 2016 at 2:29 AM
Beakface
Some Undertale mashups that I'm not sure about and want people's opinions on.
You have really quirky titles for your mashups, which I envy. Here's my 2 cents:
  • Megalotrousle - This has a good blend of instruments. There are some clashing notes here and there, but the balancing mostly makes them not jarring. Well, all up to bar 24-26, where things get a bit...off. Like significantly. I do find it interesting that you pretty much retain Megalovania's chord progression, even when Bonetrousle kicks in. Wave 75 for track 3 works wonders here. I would have liked Bonetrousle in that mashup to have its "moment" rather than being mixed in with Megalovania's chord progression (which doesn't work). Particularly at bar 40; this is pretty much just Bonetrousle's theme playing here with a "Megalovania" feel coming from the way the notes are arranged as well as the percussion. Let that carry the "Megalovania", and try adjusting the chord progression to match how Bonetrousle is actually supposed to be played, notewise.
  • Scorching Glamour - I'm not really convinced by this piece that these two tracks are meant to go together, except measure 24 to the loop end. And the way it loops is strange and isn't clicking for me.
  • Thermal Vents and Waterfalls - Okay I think that these two tracks could go really well together in principle. Nice effort trying to make a triple metre song fit into a 4/4 grid though. I'm not hearing enough "Geothermal" though - to me, it just sounds like a remix of "Waterfall" with a "Geothermal" sound to it.
I personally don't think it's necessary to constantly overlay two themes together in a mashup/medley. Consider integrating some moments where one section of a selected track will simply flow to another, with minimal accompaniment from the other track just to keep the feel. I do hear this a bit in Megalotrousle, but I think there might have been more opportunities for this in the other mashups.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:58 AM
You have really quirky titles for your mashups, which I envy. Here's my 2 cents:
  • Megalotrousle - This has a good blend of instruments. There are some clashing notes here and there, but the balancing mostly makes them not jarring. Well, all up to bar 24-26, where things get a bit...off. Like significantly. I do find it interesting that you pretty much retain Megalovania's chord progression, even when Bonetrousle kicks in. Wave 75 for track 3 works wonders here. I would have liked Bonetrousle in that mashup to have its "moment" rather than being mixed in with Megalovania's chord progression (which doesn't work). Particularly at bar 40; this is pretty much just Bonetrousle's theme playing here with a "Megalovania" feel coming from the way the notes are arranged as well as the percussion. Let that carry the "Megalovania", and try adjusting the chord progression to match how Bonetrousle is actually supposed to be played, notewise.
  • Scorching Glamour - I'm not really convinced by this piece that these two tracks are meant to go together, except measure 24 to the loop end. And the way it loops is strange and isn't clicking for me.
  • Thermal Vents and Waterfalls - Okay I think that these two tracks could go really well together in principle. Nice effort trying to make a triple metre song fit into a 4/4 grid though. I'm not hearing enough "Geothermal" though - to me, it just sounds like a remix of "Waterfall" with a "Geothermal" sound to it.
I personally don't think it's necessary to constantly overlay two themes together in a mashup/medley. Consider integrating some moments where one section of a selected track will simply flow to another, with minimal accompaniment from the other track just to keep the feel. I do hear this a bit in Megalotrousle, but I think there might have been more opportunities for this in the other mashups.

@Random-storykeeper Ah, so I need to work less on blending and more on flow. I always love to hear your criticism because it makes me a better composer, thank you.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:17 AM
Beakface
@Random-storykeeper Ah, so I need to work less on blending and more on flow. I always love to hear your criticism because it makes me a better composer, thank you.
Well, I think it's more about finding a balance. It's hard to explain, but the more you know about the pieces you work with, from their harmonies, chord structure, instrumentation, etc, then the more you can piece them together, overlay them atop each other and such.

Just in time for Chinese New Year (though this was much of a coincidence), I finally completed my Lamadilus remake ORG, which originally started as an original piano composition I made several years back.

Lamadilus (title)

The folder contains two ORGs; the one which isn't a remake was one of the first ORGs I ever made and completed. It sounds, well, bad, but I'm including it for comparison. "Enjoy~"

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:21 PM
2dbro
first org completed in a while
enjoy: hat
took a little inspiration from OOT but whatever

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:44 PM
2dbro
safu those are beautiful. the snes songs were perfect and it sounded like it was the real thing for the most part
love that earthbound one too, same with Bergentruckung

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Thanks. Any of those orgs are free to use for whatever anyone wants I guess.