Show off your org music...

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:24 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I was bored, so I did a thing tonight. Criticism is welcome, of both constructive and destructive variants.
clicky

Very cute, reminds me of a little mystery theme. Your use of the sine waves works surprisingly well against track 3. I like the percussion and the spaced out bass. I would have liked to see a little more variation in the percussion, but it's still good as it is.

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I was bored, so I did a thing tonight. Criticism is welcome, of both constructive and destructive variants.
clicky

Shows promise. However, you need to work on your instrument choice. And the drums could be a bit more creative.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:06 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Very cute, reminds me of a little mystery theme. Your use of the sine waves works surprisingly well against track 3. I like the percussion and the spaced out bass. I would have liked to see a little more variation in the percussion, but it's still good as it is.
Shows promise. However, you need to work on your instrument choice. And the drums could be a bit more creative.
Thanks for the positive replies. I figured the drums were too simple, but I had about 10 minutes before I needed to sleep at that point, so I just sort of went with what I had.
Interesting that (I think) you two disagree on the instrument choice.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:19 AM
"Huzzah!"
clicky

Detective Balrog: The Claws of Suhtekh
This song is very fun, and very reminiscent of English detectives. I approve.

A Midnight Flight remix

I remixed/redid an old song a friend composed in PxTone, the original which can be found here.

The melody is very nice in both versions, very interesting stuff.

As for me, I figured I'd hand over this incomplete work before the end of the year, I don't think I'll have enough motivation to finish it before then. It was supposed to be the second entry in the area music contest: Junk Town

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Beakface
As for me, I figured I'd hand over this incomplete work before the end of the year, I don't think I'll have enough motivation to finish it before then. It was supposed to be the second entry in the area music contest: Junk Town
Man I love that percussion; it's got a really cool swing to it. The only quip I had was that I'm not too sold on the instrument choice for track 6's lead. I just feel like it needs something less pleasant sounding, because when tracks 3 and 4 come in, it doesn't really blend (at least not for me). Consider something like wave 18 for track 6, maybe? It worked for me.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:49 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I did a transcription of "Enemy Approaching" from Undertale. It's right here. If it isn't let me know. I'll be happy to fix any discrepancies you might find as well.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:47 AM
Beakface
I did a transcription of "Enemy Approaching" from Undertale. It's right here. If it isn't let me know. I'll be happy to fix any discrepancies you might find as well.
The instrument choice and percussion are pretty good, but the notes overall seem to be an octave too high (your version goes all over the octaves and stuff). I don't know if it's just me, but I lowered all melody tracks down the octave and it sounded more suitable.

A lot of the notes appear to be incorrect. There's quite a few "clashing" harmonies, but even so, those are not always quite captured in the ORG. A very obvious example is that last note in track 5, which should be lowered down a semitone to C. A lot of the transitions sound off by semitones, which is making them sound not quite in tune.

Another issue is that the sections sound like they're not consistently in the right key. Quite a pity, because most of the rhythms and harmonies seem to sound good, but the constant changing of keys makes it sound completely off.

Here's an example of the ORG with the notes an octave down and keys somewhat corrected (to the best of my ability). I have other manners to complete, so I kinda guess placed them based on what you have and my own intuition :p. Overall, not too bad, but just be sure to maintain the pitch.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:01 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This one took quite a while, with 1) not having a base midi and 2) being lazy, but here it is.

Ghost Fight

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Beakface
This one took quite a while, with 1) not having a base midi and 2) being lazy, but here it is.

Ghost Fight
That was a mighty fine use of panning in the first sixteen measures. Though the last chord at bar 15 could have been held to the end of the third beat - for me, it cuts off too abruptly. Also the trills are really good in this; I wish you would have made more use of them, like at the start of measure 34 where one of the notes in that chord does a little upward trill. The longer held chords in that last section also do a little inflection. If you would be able to capture these finer details, you'd have a pretty solid ORG transcription in your hands.

I've finished another of my ORG transcriptions, this one which I started back in January. It comes from a cute little puzzle freeware game called "Sniffy's Flip Trip".

Elevated (original track is here)

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:41 PM
"Huzzah!"
Elevated (original track is here)

Berry good, I think it's a very accurate transcription, and a year in the making too, whooo!

Ghost Fight

I like this one too, all of the undertale transcriptions you've done so far have been good.

I have a bit of a song here too you see, I'm trying to Frankenstein "Song Inside of a Machine" (the one from rave story) and Gestation together, and I'm wondering if you guys think the lead so far sounds good. Here it is if you want to listen to it

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Beakface
I have a bit of a song here too you see, I'm trying to Frankenstein "Song Inside of a Machine" (the one from rave story) and Gestation together, and I'm wondering if you guys think the lead so far sounds good. Here it is if you want to listen to it
Very interesting. I'm not hearing a lot of Gestation; maybe very slightly with the lead. I'm not all too familiar with Rave Story's music (haven't played it yet), but nonetheless there are some intriguing sounds meshed in here. I like how it manages to keep a Gestation feel though.

Untitled128 (SoundCloud)

This was made in roughly a couple hours. I originally wanted to make an alternate ending theme for one of my game concepts, but it ended up not turning out to be very ending-theme like. Maybe I will find use for it somewhere else.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:34 PM
"Huzzah!"
Untitled128 (SoundCloud)

This was made in roughly a couple hours. I originally wanted to make an alternate ending theme for one of my game concepts, but it ended up not turning out to be very ending-theme like. Maybe I will find use for it somewhere else.

Hmmm, this sounds like a song akin to something you'd hear in cave story's labyrinth, or a similar area. The lead has this sort of ...apathetic? yet got to keep moving type of feeling to it, and general key of the other instruments helps compliment that too.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM
Dec 28, 2015 at 5:53 AM
"Huzzah!"
Flower Garden from Yoshi's Island.
I did some more Undertale ORGs. The only references to anything my next mod will have will be in music (because I'm most skilled at transcription) and small nods in dialogue. As such, these next two tracks may or may not make it into that mod.

Can You Really Call This a Hotel I Didn't Receive a Mint on my Pillow or Anything (GEEZ that's a mouthful)
Fallen Down (Reprise)

I like the music these two posts have in them. :mahin:
Fallen Down Reprise has a few missing notes, but other than that it is just fine.

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Beakface
Flower Garden from Yoshi's Island.

I was about to say that I didn't know this track, but I seem to have liked a video of the music, so I guess I can just say I'm not super familiar with it. It sounds pretty solid so far. Love how you arranged that track 3 lead, and the panning in general.

I did some more Undertale ORGs. The only references to anything my next mod will have will be in music (because I'm most skilled at transcription) and small nods in dialogue. As such, these next two tracks may or may not make it into that mod.

Can You Really Call This a Hotel I Didn't Receive a Mint on my Pillow or Anything (GEEZ that's a mouthful)
Fallen Down (Reprise)
The first 48 measures of Fallen Down are pretty good, notewise. Personally I would have liked the notes to be more a bit more decayed. Additionally, try tinkering around with the frequency as I think you've got the key right, but just not in the right "tune" yet. Jpzarde is also right in the sense that when some notes are missing. For example, there's an additional voice that supports the bass and moves pretty much in parallel with it. In your ORG, however, there is only a bass and no other supporting voices.

Missing notes and detuning aside, let's talk about the second half of the transcription with the Once Upon a Time/the theme probably most associated with Undertale motif. The lead in the original sounds like it uses the same voice that plays the lead in the first half with the familiar "Fallen Down" bit. Thus don't swap out the lead in the Undertale motif to track 4, rather, keep it in track 1. (That or have track 4/track 4's instrument do the entire lead.) Secondly, if you listen to the original track closely, the lead for the Undertale motif decays quickly, not slowly (choose Decay Fast for Notes Volume and that generally makes it sound more true to the original track). This applies to tracks 7 and 8 in that section as well.

From measure 64 onwards, track 1 is also playing in unison with what you arranged in track 3. Lastly, and probably most importantly - the notes in bar 80 to the end for track 1 are quite off. These notes and chords are pretty much the same as the outtro of Once Upon a Time, so use that as your guide.

Regarding the "Can You Really Call This a Hotel" track - again, the notes aren't decaying fast enough in your ORG, making it sound less urgent and off balance. I think some of the instrument choices are fine, as well as the percussion. There's a few notes here and there that aren't quite accurate.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I was about to say that I didn't know this track, but I seem to have liked a video of the music, so I guess I can just say I'm not super familiar with it. It sounds pretty solid so far. Love how you arranged that track 3 lead, and the panning in general.

The first 48 measures of Fallen Down are pretty good, notewise. Personally I would have liked the notes to be more a bit more decayed. Additionally, try tinkering around with the frequency as I think you've got the key right, but just not in the right "tune" yet. Jpzarde is also right in the sense that when some notes are missing. For example, there's an additional voice that supports the bass and moves pretty much in parallel with it. In your ORG, however, there is only a bass and no other supporting voices.

Missing notes and detuning aside, let's talk about the second half of the transcription with the Once Upon a Time/the theme probably most associated with Undertale motif. The lead in the original sounds like it uses the same voice that plays the lead in the first half with the familiar "Fallen Down" bit. Thus don't swap out the lead in the Undertale motif to track 4, rather, keep it in track 1. (That or have track 4/track 4's instrument do the entire lead.) Secondly, if you listen to the original track closely, the lead for the Undertale motif decays quickly, not slowly (choose Decay Fast for Notes Volume and that generally makes it sound more true to the original track). This applies to tracks 7 and 8 in that section as well.

From measure 64 onwards, track 1 is also playing in unison with what you arranged in track 3. Lastly, and probably most importantly - the notes in bar 80 to the end for track 1 are quite off. These notes and chords are pretty much the same as the outtro of Once Upon a Time, so use that as your guide.

Regarding the "Can You Really Call This a Hotel" track - again, the notes aren't decaying fast enough in your ORG, making it sound less urgent and off balance. I think some of the instrument choices are fine, as well as the percussion. There's a few notes here and there that aren't quite accurate.

For the former, it's hard to find good sheet music for "Reprise". I'll probably try this again at some point.

For the latter, recall that I'm forcing a complex song into ORG. Some note variations are going to have to be accepted due to the limitations of ORGmaker.
Also, I feel like decay is something that's up to personal opinion. I know in your ORGs you tend to use a lot of fast decays and not so many slower ones, and I do the opposite, and that's just the way it works.

EDIT: Also for the latter, I'd already started the song and realized that there were 32nd notes in the piece until I'd already started it, and at that point its a little late to change the size of the measures.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
first org on my new computer that you can get right here

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:47 AM
first org on my new computer that you can get right here

The title is giving me "Can You Really Call This a Hotel I Didn't Receive a Mint on My Pillow or Anything" and "Bird That Carries You Over a Disproportionately Small Gap" vibes. The ORG itself sounds cute, like they could never do real harm. The melody doesn't ever really develop which is disappointing. You could have gone somewhere with it.