Show off your org music...

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:42 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
you kidding

this blows mine out of the fucking water

I feel like you went for a more straight up transcription while Zenix put a personal touch to it. I like the sound of Zenix's but yours is closer to the original.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:16 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Bloody Tears

Did this quite a while ago, didn't like how it turned out so I redid it.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:43 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well, Megalovania already was intense enough as it is.
Though, there was one way to make it even better....

On Days Like These...

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
fallen down

this is the first thing i've ever made in org maker, sooo yep.

Dec 5, 2015 at 4:02 PM
fallen down

this is the first thing i've ever made in org maker, sooo yep.

Very good for a beginner. Two things:
  1. If you change the "Frequency" value at the top of the Instrument list to something like 800 for the trailing overlapping tracks, it sounds really cool.
  2. You didn't set any repeat points. You can do that by typing in the number of the measures you want to start and end at in the Song Properties menu.

Other than that, it's excellent.

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:40 PM
"Huzzah!"
Very good for a beginner. Two things:
  1. If you change the "Frequency" value at the top of the Instrument list to something like 800 for the trailing overlapping tracks, it sounds really cool.
Other than that, it's excellent.

WOAH! That is weird, I didn't know you could do that with orgmaker...
...Just when you've thought you've seen everything

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM
WOAH! That is weird, I didn't know you could do that with orgmaker...
...Just when you've thought you've seen everything

I don't know why Pixel never used it, but that "Frequency" option is basically a detuning tool.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:35 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
its really good for a first org. there are some wrong notes here and there, but its pretty great. one thing you should also keep in mind is time signature. you made the org in 4/4 while the original song is in 3/4. perhaps ill make an edit, fixing some notes.

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xwsv2wjghah2q8/fallendown (3).org?dl=o

keep in mind that i didnt really do volume edits that often.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Well, it's been awhile since I've been on the forums.

Anyway, as much as I adore Undertale, I feel like it's nice to toss it up with something else.

Ignore the fact that it's called CMYK, it's actually based off Kaleidoscope by the band "BadBadNotGood"

No, it's not perfect. It doesn't loop well, it's not 100% accurate to the original song and has a much faster tempo.

But it sounds nice to me, and it's not bad for doing it in an hour and doing it by ear.

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Beakface
This sounds pretty cool, a little suspenseful and tense. I like the whole continuum with track 1.

I've done so more Undertale stuff, including a mashup of Meltdown and Death by Glamour.
Death by Glamour's notes seem to be accurate for the most part (albeit I find the bass to be a bit questionable, but that might be the instrument choice). The balancing is kind of off though. Those high notes are way too loud against the bass, and also the instruments don't exactly blend. I feel like track 1 at measure 32 needs an extra track to replicate the bit of "delay" in the original (from what I heard anyway).

Did you randomly decide to shove the second note of track 5 at bar 6 into the left panning? Because that was an...odd choice. It's too bad you didn't insert those higher echoey notes into bar 8 - that would've been cool.

At first I was like "oh yeah, I see this happening" but right when it hit bar 16, it started to sound really dissonant - starting from the fact that the notes just don't go together. You don't need to be extremely strict with mashups - tunes, when overlayed, don't always fit together perfectly. Try adjusting the chords in that measure to what Death by Glamour's chords actually are - their rhythms can still keep the "feel" of Meltdown while actually supporting Death by Glamour's lead. Or you could try the other way around, by adjusting Death by Glamour's melody to tune to Meltdown's chords in that bar (but I think the former is simpler/makes more sense).

The last section sort of works, but yeesh, track 2...

Stronger Monsters is okay - the first part sounds good, but anything measure 28 and onwards is sounding a little off to me - like the notes were transcribed a semitone off or something. I'm not super familiar with the original though, so I may have another listen later.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:27 AM
This sounds pretty cool, a little suspenseful and tense. I like the whole continuum with track 1.

Death by Glamour's notes seem to be accurate for the most part (albeit I find the bass to be a bit questionable, but that might be the instrument choice). The balancing is kind of off though. Those high notes are way too loud against the bass, and also the instruments don't exactly blend. I feel like track 1 at measure 32 needs an extra track to replicate the bit of "delay" in the original (from what I heard anyway).

Did you randomly decide to shove the second note of track 5 at bar 6 into the left panning? Because that was an...odd choice. It's too bad you didn't insert those higher echoey notes into bar 8 - that would've been cool.

At first I was like "oh yeah, I see this happening" but right when it hit bar 16, it started to sound really dissonant - starting from the fact that the notes just don't go together. You don't need to be extremely strict with mashups - tunes, when overlayed, don't always fit together perfectly. Try adjusting the chords in that measure to what Death by Glamour's chords actually are - their rhythms can still keep the "feel" of Meltdown while actually supporting Death by Glamour's lead. Or you could try the other way around, by adjusting Death by Glamour's melody to tune to Meltdown's chords in that bar (but I think the former is simpler/makes more sense).

The last section sort of works, but yeesh, track 2...

Stronger Monsters is okay - the first part sounds good, but anything measure 28 and onwards is sounding a little off to me - like the notes were transcribed a semitone off or something. I'm not super familiar with the original though, so I may have another listen later.

So I'll work on the instruments and stuff for Death by Glamour.

I changed Meltdown by Glamour, but I'm not sure how I did with bars 16-24 this time. I feel like it sounds better but I'm not sure.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:39 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
That rendition of death by glamour was pretty sweet. Thanks for all your hard work on these Undertale orgs by the way.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:17 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Dec 16, 2015 at 6:53 AM
Beakface
Ice cap zone sounds nice and pretty accurate from how I remember it being. Love those freehand drawn curves on the long notes and the running track 7 and 8 notes. The balancing is pretty good here too.

Wrong Enemy's notes sound almost right - there's a few here and there that are off (eg. the last note at measure 13 of tracks 2 and 3 should be a G not a D#), but nothing too cringeworthy. I like how you used the Cat drum :3. The one thing I say overall is that the second half of the ORG - ie. bar 34 onwards sounds a little too disjunct compared to the original. Try increasing all the two step notes in track 1 to three steps, then adjust the volume so that it is several levels below the previous two note volumes (kind of like giving them a Decay Slow). This should give the piece more flow and sound less broken as opposed to having a value of silence, which I think you could get away with if you had a higher resolution.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:57 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I was bored, so I did a thing tonight. Criticism is welcome, of both constructive and destructive variants.
clicky