Show off your org music...

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:33 AM
LSD
"..."
Sounds pretty familiar if you ask me...
Pretty good rendition. I don't know the song that well, but it sounds pretty spot on. Nice work.
Only things I might talk about are the beginnings of measures 7 and 15. The timing just seems a titch off in the beginning. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it just seems a bit awkward.
Other than that, good job once again.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Internet was down yesterday so I made something new.

Farewell.

https://soundcloud.com/anne-huang-1/farewell

-------

I also did the Skywire title theme. (original Skywire music here)

I redid the percussion and made it my own, since I couldn't hear much percussion in the original theme itself.

(download or listen)

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Okay, I've had minimal experience with the OrgMakers, all I have actually done is simple edits on existing ORGs and one CS battle theme mashup that's unfinished/saved for a mod.

So today I spent an hour n' half making an original piece. It's on the slower, morbid side and not really meant for looping, but it doesn't sound like complete crap for a first try, so I'm hoping it's not true that I'm zero percent musically talented. (No, really, it sounds pretty good IMO).

Death Of Me.Org [Dropbox]

Criticism is welcome.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
EnlightenedOne said:
Okay, I've had minimal experience with the OrgMakers, all I have actually done is simple edits on existing ORGs and one CS battle theme mashup that's unfinished/saved for a mod.

So today I spent an hour n' half making an original piece. It's on the slower, morbid side and not really meant for looping, but it doesn't sound like complete crap for a first try, so I'm hoping it's not true that I'm zero percent musically talented. (No, really, it sounds pretty good IMO).

Death Of Me.Org %5BDropbox%5D

Criticism is welcome.
A little grating on the ears, but I think it sounds better with every track (minus 5) at a lower octave.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Beakface
Pigaro said:
Transposed a few songs, not spectacular, but good none the less.
Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts http://www.mediafire.com/?n8dw9tyzkeql6nc
Guile's Theme from Street Fighter 2 http://www.mediafire.com/?5r8r6yvf8rrv75s
Hope you enjoy
Hope this isn't TOO late of a reply. I listened to both, not familiar with Kingdom Hearts or Street Fighter 2 :pignon2:

Both sound nice. I guess I can't say much more, since I don't know how the original pieces sound yet. Dearly Beloved seems to have some notes after the repeat sign though, what are those for?

EnlightenedOne said:

Death Of Me.Org [Dropbox]

Criticism is welcome.
Link leads to an error message.

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Random-storykeeper said:
Link leads to an error message.
Really? It works fine from my perspective...

I didn't think I'd be needing a mirror for something as trivial as this.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:09 PM
LSD
"..."
Random-storykeeper said:
Hope this isn't TOO late of a reply. I listened to both, not familiar with Kingdom Hearts or Street Fighter 2 :pignon2:

Both sound nice. I guess I can't say much more, since I don't know how the original pieces sound yet. Dearly Beloved seems to have some notes after the repeat sign though, what are those for?
Thank you. The notes afterwards were left over from when I was continuing it, but I decided to stop before that because I was a bit tired from working on the song. I think that it still ends pretty well. Thanks again.

I've composed a new piece that actually sounds good. I hope to try and use it as like a 'Final Boss' or 'Final Boss before the Final Boss' theme.
http://www.mediafire.com/?53crbalrbm49b17
Hope that you enjoy.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Pigaro said:
Thank you. The notes afterwards were left over from when I was continuing it, but I decided to stop before that because I was a bit tired from working on the song. I think that it still ends pretty well. Thanks again.

I've composed a new piece that actually sounds good. I hope to try and use it as like a 'Final Boss' or 'Final Boss before the Final Boss' theme.
Hope that you enjoy.
that...was actually pretty good

No complaints here, I likes the composure of it.

Sep 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Beakface
Pigaro said:

Hope that you enjoy.

This is gorgeous (lol, I almost wrote "organic" there). To me, though, it doesn't feel like a final boss theme, but definitely a "calm before the storm" piece.

Looping the last few bars does get kind of repetitive after a while, but if it's used in a particular area, you wouldn't be listening to it for long anyways, so that was fine.

My only complaint is that the first melody you introduce gets lost right after it plays, due to the next track that overlaps it. Personal preference, of course, but I would definitely bring those new layers to the music down a few notches; it gives the piece a more clear path.

Other than that, wow, I'm in love.

EnlightenedOne said:
Really? It works fine from my perspective...

I didn't think I'd be needing a mirror for something as trivial as this.

Never mind what I said about double posting. I saw that I was creating a new reply, and I thought, "shoot, double posting is like bad here, isn't it", but I still wanted to reply</useless rambling>

Anyways, it definitely has that chilling, sort of horror feeling. What's interesting is that it doesn't start out that way. The high notes are definitely the ones that gave me that creepy feeling.

By the way, it's cool how the purple tracks form a diamond shape.

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That sounds pretty fantastic, I don't know how you musicians do stuff like this O:
I'm pretty sure those cymbals won't work in your mod though.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MagicDoors said:
That sounds pretty fantastic, I don't know how you musicians do stuff like this O:
I'm pretty sure those cymbals won't work in your mod though.
Oh yeah, those symbols are only in Orgmaker 2 aren't they... Meh, thanks for the compliment :p

might make a version compatible with mods and stuff...

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Professional Whatever
Oh whoops you said title screen music for your game but I didn't realize that it could be something other than a cave story mod, my bad ^^;

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I have to agree with Doors, that's pretty great work there! It'd be a shame if it isn't used in a mod one of these days.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM
oh yeah, I was gonna use this for a title screen for a game I've started making, but I wouldn't mind if it were to be used in a mod tbh. I'm guessing you're allowed to use things made in Orgmaker commercially and stuff?

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
Hey, here's one that I think goes best for the "Got Item!" theme.

SMW Lvl Clear

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Beakface
TLincoln said:
Hey, here's one that I think goes best for the "Got Item!" theme.

SMW Lvl Clear
I'm trying to listen to it, but it keeps saying "Unable to access network" whenever I click the download button. :(

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
Huh. That's weird. It's working fine on my computer.