Show off your org music...

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nighth said:
Oooh but that's what I have been doing though! it's just that the original notes won't be deleted afterwards, and that can sometimes lead to noisy/unwanted results :(
You could always just delete the unwanted notes afterwards. It's not that hard to figure out which ones are old.
Also you're welcome, happy to help out.

Okay I updated Voyage again because I am really enjoying fooling around with this song

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I JUST DISCOVERED THIS THREAD AND IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL THREAD WOW SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC.......100+ PAGES OF MUSIC....I'm gonna have to listen all of these when I have the chance!

I've been dabbling with orgmaker for a few weeks so I'm still getting used to it! I have some questions about the interface so if anyone can answer me, that would be greatly appreciated!
1) Can you cut and paste anything? I know there's a copy and paste function, but that's only good for making duplicates, not lateral shifts...
2) Is there an easier way to make longer notes other than furiously clicking at the same note for 200 times until it's long enough?
3) Any recording software you'd recommend for recording the org files as .wavs or .mp3s? I have freecorder but it gets a bit choppy at times...

Thanks!

Also here's some of the things I've made so far, all original compositions.
They are for a RPGmaker game I'm making, not a mod, which is why I need to find a way to convert them to mp3s! Many of them are very short loops
p37992-0-tumblrinlinemh2h4dcgtr1qftvvv.gif

Makito's theme
And We're Home
Rust Factory
Real Big Adventure!
Sleepy Sleepy Children
Victory is Mine!
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!
Makito's theme: This one sounds a bit uncohesive. I feel the chord progression might need to be expressed more in this one, since all the parts of the song don't seem to be working together quite right.

And We're home: This one's nice.

Rust Factory: This one is also nice, like the percussion in it particularily.

Real Big Adventure: This one's ok, but it feels like it could use some deeper bass.

Sleepy Sleepy Children: This one sounds a bit empty, and maybe you could make more use of the volume envelope in this one.

Victory is Mine: This one is ok, but maybe it should end after one loop (just have it loop a silent bar)? It feels like it could get grating annoying just having it loop the way it currently does.

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY: This one's good.

As a general comment, they're all really short. I think you should make them all a bit longer (but especially the shorter ones). Short loops get kind of boring after the first loop.

MagicDoors said:
You could always just delete the unwanted notes afterwards. It's not that hard to figure out which ones are old.
Also you're welcome, happy to help out.

Okay I updated Voyage again because I am really enjoying fooling around with this song
Wow this is really good. Keep it up.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Professional Whatever
Thanks! I feel proud about this one, since I transcribed it all by ear c:

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
Thanks! I feel proud about this one, since I transcribed it all by ear c:
Oh wait, it's a transcribed piece? I'll have to redo my assessment then.

Judgement pending.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Professional Whatever
Well I don't think I did horribly on this one

1-3662-6162

I didn't really know what it sounded like so I gave it some weird name.

So yeah I actually composed this myself I'm so proud
...For composing a 24 bar song that's mostly just repetition Q.Q

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
@GIRakaCHEEZER: OMG THE GOD OF ORGMAKER HAS SPOKEN I AM NOT WORTHY...............

but yeah seriously, thanks so much for the feedback! I'm not 100% sure what a chord progression is but it has something to do with bases right? Still needs more practice on that part, haha!
I'll see what I can do with lengthening some of the loops! Most of the RPG games I've played (read: not a lot) have looping soundtracks so I guess I picked up some bad habits that way. (Although the adventure and the sleeping children songs are both not quite complete, and the victory song was more of just a really long sound effect I have no idea why I looped it...)

@Magicdoors: VOYAGE1969 MY LONG LOST LOVE.......
Also 1-3662-6162 is nice! It's got this neat disorienting vibe to it

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Been practicing speed org making!
From hearing it on YouTube to upload in 30 minutes.
The Orphanage Song.org

It's from Friendship is Witchcraft, the lyrics go something like this.

Step one: Try not to be so self-conscious
Two: Shift your weight into your haunches
Three: Give a leap into the air and
Four: Just forget your parents are both dead!
Chin up! Even if you're not adopted
It's not because you are unwanted
But it might help if you were magic
Not just a boring ugly pink earth pony who nopony will ever love because you're unworthy!

yeah.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
cultr1 said:
Been practicing speed org making!
Whatever happens, I try to make music slowly, because I try to allot myself some time to refine and plan out how the ORG will sound.

And offtopic, but for some reason I think of this as some kind of contest. How about a weekly contest wherein users get to submit music based on a given theme, and each get judged by a few handpicked judges, as well as having a general poll? The winner gets the cake, of course.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Based Member
I know this is a bit late, so maybe if so we'd have to do it next year instead, but what if we also made this into a Kanpachi award?

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
otemoto-dansei-ningen said:
And offtopic, but for some reason I think of this as some kind of contest. How about a weekly contest wherein users get to submit music based on a given theme, and each get judged by a few handpicked judges, as well as having a general poll? The winner gets the cake, of course.
You'd be hard pressed to get reasonable participation weekly, or even monthly. An initial trial event would be the best way to start.

HaydenStudios said:
I know this is a bit late, so maybe if so we'd have to do it next year instead, but what if we also made this into a Kanpachi award?
If anyone can manage to keep track of all the orgs posted in a year, sure.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
You should check out the Pxtone Collage Collective, they're always holding contests: http://pxtone.haru.gs/

The format is pxtone however, not organya.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
otemoto-dansei-ningen said:
Whatever happens, I try to make music slowly, because I try to allot myself some time to refine and plan out how the ORG will sound.

I usually do too, but it's definitely good practice for me to learn to flesh something out quickly before refining it, so I don't lose momentum. It was mostly a practice in learning something by ear.

I would totally judge, or participate in that. Let me start a thread, actually...

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Just upload your *.ORG files to some filehost (e.g. Mediafire, Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc). After your upload is complete, get their download links and post them here. The more filehost you put your ORG into, the better.

Feb 3, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Okay, I think I can get them on my SkyDrive. I've had problems getting on Mediafire and such.

I made these two short ones in a day. I don't really know where to go with my themes...

The New Meton

Give me some of that fuzz

Edit: Changed the urls so they point to my public SkyDrive account. (oops...)

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello Avid Cave Story-ists,

A little while back I posted a piece un-aptly named Worry,

And now I have returned; with renewed sense of my music making ability,

Of course thanks only to the kind and constructive words of forum elders who critiqued my work.
I invite you all to try these three:

Forest :
Think densly treed, and on a scale of 1-10 in greeness, about an 8
BelowForest :
Below the above metioned forest both in the post and geographically, rockin' the 5th with a sporadic bass line to represent
the atmosphere of a cavernous root and mushroom dotted cave system.
VOLK :
I don't know about this one, maybe a bit jarring on the ears, but meant to instill a sense of determination to climb a massive volcano.

As I stated previously, attempt to make me cry with your opinions on my works, I wish only to learn from the best.
Tinned_Duck

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Tinned_Duck's three new files are corrupt when I download them. Anyone else have the same issue? If so, then, Tinned_Duck, you may want to re-upload them.

(Looking in a hex editor, I see the files begin with "Content-Type: applicaton/octet-stream", "e: applicaton/octet-stream", or "applicaton/octet-stream" then CR LF CR LF and "Org-02". I was able to remove the incorrect headers so the files begin with "Org-02" and they seem to work fine. But I'm concerned if it's just happening to me or if others have the same problem.)