Show off your org music...

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I thought GIR did that perfect rendition of UN Owen Was Her, when he hacked the OrgMaker WAV100 so that it would have the exact same tones as the original MP3. Therefore, whenever we downloaded GIR's UN Owen Was Her, it would actually be a ZIP file, and come packaged with a modified OrgMaker that said "PlayThis" or something.

When you opened the UN Owen Was Her Organya file using the hacked version of GIR's OrgMaker, you sould see that GIR managed to compose the perfect Touhou song in Organya. He changed how the OrgMaker executable worked so that his ORG file (which was pretty long btw) would play the exact same audio as the MP3 file. And it really did sound like an MP3, except maybe a little more "quantized" - as if the notes were magnetized directly to some slots in the track.

Anyway, beautiful psuedo-MP3 rendition using a hacked WAV100 resource, if I recall correctly.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I thought GIR did that perfect rendition of UN Owen Was Her, when he hacked the OrgMaker WAV100 so that it would have the exact same tones as the original MP3. Therefore, whenever we downloaded GIR's UN Owen Was Her, it would actually be a ZIP file, and come packaged with a modified OrgMaker that said "PlayThis" or something.
When you opened the UN Owen Was Her Organya file using the hacked version of GIR's OrgMaker, you sould see that GIR managed to compose the perfect Touhou song in Organya. He changed how the OrgMaker executable worked so that his ORG file (which was pretty long btw) would play the exact same audio as the MP3 file. And it really did sound like an MP3, except maybe a little more "quantized" - as if the notes were magnetized directly to some slots in the track.
Anyway, beautiful psuedo-MP3 rendition using a hacked WAV100 resource, if I recall correctly.
Uh, no? It's just an org, also it's downloadable from the tribute site.

Anyways Magicdoors your version gets a bunch of notes wrong at times, so I'd recommend you look at fixing it/maybe even look at mine. I found a midi for the song (an official midi, since it was with the touhou game itself), so mine's pretty much 100% right.

Anyways listening to my old UN owen org, I think I'm going to remake it, since it has some issues.

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Professional Whatever
Eenh, I probably won't use it anyway. It was a nice distraction though.

Damn that's a great org, though. I'd love to have half the musical talent you guys have.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Not anymore
I thought GIR hated MIDIs. But actually, Musical Instrument Digital Interface might just be his new waifu.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Carrotlord said:
I thought GIR hated MIDIs. But actually, Musical Instrument Digital Interface might just be his new waifu.
Reminds me of some guy called "MusiGenesis" somewhere in the Internet that hates MIDI to the bone.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Not anymore
Wow...

GIR's new rendition of that song...
It's so good, it basically sounds like a quantized MP3 composed in an 8-bit style.

Seriously, can you really tell that this is done using Organya technology?

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Based Member
Well GIR, you have once again shown to be the best Org composer on these forums, and put the second best one to shame. Nicely done.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Professional Whatever
Hey, hey
Why do we need to compete? We should all work hard to fo the best we can.
Although that might just seem like an excuse from a candidate for last place Q.Q

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
You DON'T want to hear anything I compose... trust me.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Well GIR, you have once again shown to be the best Org composer on these forums, and put the second best one to shame. Nicely done.
Just out of curiosity, who exactly are you referring to when you say the "second best one"?

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Based Member
MagicDoors said:
Hey, hey
Why do we need to compete? We should all work hard to fo the best we can.
Although that might just seem like an excuse from a candidate for last place Q.Q
I never said it was a contest, I just implied there's a hierarchy.

GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Just out of curiosity, who exactly are you referring to when you say the "second best one"?
I can't narrow it down far enough give you a definitive answer, as the competition for 2nd place in my book is very competitive.
Though it would probably come down to either be Wedgie, Mosaic, otemoto, or maybe Ollie. And maybe some others.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Not anymore
Otemoto, Wedge of Cheese, and GIRakaCheezer are all (secretly!) the same person, and therefore they are all awesome Organya composers. The wonders of having multiple accounts.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Professional Whatever
I did some editing and improved my voyage 1969/70/whatever song. I think it sounds much better now. Let me know what you think.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I JUST DISCOVERED THIS THREAD AND IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL THREAD WOW SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC.......100+ PAGES OF MUSIC....I'm gonna have to listen all of these when I have the chance!

I've been dabbling with orgmaker for a few weeks so I'm still getting used to it! I have some questions about the interface so if anyone can answer me, that would be greatly appreciated!
1) Can you cut and paste anything? I know there's a copy and paste function, but that's only good for making duplicates, not lateral shifts...
2) Is there an easier way to make longer notes other than furiously clicking at the same note for 200 times until it's long enough?
3) Any recording software you'd recommend for recording the org files as .wavs or .mp3s? I have freecorder but it gets a bit choppy at times...

Thanks!

Also here's some of the things I've made so far, all original compositions.
They are for a RPGmaker game I'm making, not a mod, which is why I need to find a way to convert them to mp3s! Many of them are very short loops
p37992-0-tumblrinlinemh2h4dcgtr1qftvvv.gif

Makito's theme
And We're Home
Rust Factory
Real Big Adventure!
Sleepy Sleepy Children
Victory is Mine!
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Professional Whatever
1. You can use F2/F3 to copypaste a range of notes. If you want to shift the notes, just add whatever to the measurement destination.
So if you copy 1:0 (beat 1, step 0) to 15:5 (beat 15, step 5) and want to shift four steps to the right, you would set the destination as 1:4 (beat 1, step 4).

2. Hold the X key to create long notes super fast, and the Z key to delete them. They work the same way as if you click/right click the music grid.

3. I suggest Audacity. It's pretty easy to record music from your computer with that program.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
MagicDoors said:
2. Hold the X key to create long notes super fast, and the Z key to delete them. They work the same way as if you click/right click the music grid.
I never knew this so I switched to PxTone

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
MagicDoors said:
Noxid said:
I never knew this so I switched to PxTone
Oh, yes I don't know that, too. In fact, I bought a mouse having an extra "single-press, double-click" button for that matter. Sadly, it double-clicks slow, but I love using that button because it feels I'm in burst-fire mode.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:39 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
MagicDoors said:
1. You can use F2/F3 to copypaste a range of notes. If you want to shift the notes, just add whatever to the measurement destination.
So if you copy 1:0 (beat 1, step 0) to 15:5 (beat 15, step 5) and want to shift four steps to the right, you would set the destination as 1:4 (beat 1, step 4).
Oooh but that's what I have been doing though! it's just that the original notes won't be deleted afterwards, and that can sometimes lead to noisy/unwanted results :(
MagicDoors said:
H...HOLY SHIT THAT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER THANK YOU AAAA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I JUST MIGHT CRY
MagicDoors said:
3. I suggest Audacity. It's pretty easy to record music from your computer with that program.
I think audacity only works when you have a computer that supports direct recording from the soundcard, though...

thanks for answering!