In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yeah half the reason I wrote booster's lab is because cave editor is terrifying
but feel free to try!

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:14 AM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hey, how would I print out to the text box from assembly / c? Is there a specific function for it, or would I have to do some weird memory allocation with the tsc parser?

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey.
I was thinking about custom animations for the game.
I hope there is some way to do this.
Examples: Custom idle animations and new walking sprites.

Oct 14, 2018 at 4:04 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Oct 14, 2018 at 6:31 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
If you want to code the player's physics from scratch you have a few different options:

#1 Build it yourself
I've done this on a few occasions, this is one of the more.... difficult ways to go about it but it works and you have full control. Since pixels code is optimized you should have plenty of room to add what you want in the allotted space. I DID have a copy of the player physics in DouA format, but I'd suggest not using it because I modded the hell out of it and never kept a vanilla backup (oops).

#2 Use SIM's Player Size hack.
This is a bit more simple overall than rebuilding the code in x86 yourself, but is a lot more limited. You can change what frames are linked to what, like how many walk frames you have ect. but that's it really. If you're not much for code then check it out at the very least. It's in the latest version of Booster's Lab (I think) but if not you can get it in Enlight's Haxinator folder.

#3 Take CSr/(cucky's)CSe code and run it in a .dll and make changes that way.
It will allow you to take the code in C instead of x86, but it's fairly technical to setup and I haven't actually done this method of code injection before. Once it's setup though it's the easiest to work with provided you know C instead of x86 instead.

Oct 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So you all know my mod and how I got mrdestroyer to edit Quote in the credits. Only one problem....I don't know how to change it. Can you guys help?

Oct 21, 2018 at 5:47 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So you all know my mod and how I got mrdestroyer to edit Quote in the credits. Only one problem....I don't know how to change it. Can you guys help?
There's a tutorial for that included in Booster's Lab, if you wanna check that out

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:20 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Hey, how can we change the music of the credits ?
There should be a <CMU somewhere in the map's script, or you could use a different map for credits.

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:01 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hey, I found out how to actually do this, in case you haven't yet.
It's done within the Credits.tsc script. Basically just put an exclamation mark on a new line, followed by the number of the music you want to play. Make sure that it's 4 digits long.
Example:
!0033
-Plays The Way Back Home.

Sorry for the double post.
Thanks you, indeed...I didn't found it :/
(Btw you can delete you're comment)

Nov 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Wow, you're a ninja!

Dunno what "toi" is? Maybe you meant "Thank you"...

It's weird, the credits have their own script language. Even weirder, Pixel kinda did this in Ikachan as well. Also, I really love Ikachan's script language. It's so simple and tightly crafted, serving only for what it needed to.
It was a fail ^^'
I never really tried looking into ikachan script, wonder if it would be possible to make mods with ikachan engine.not just the maps editor