Feb 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feb 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I have a question, if I may, regarding the names of items in your inventory. I know easily how to change the sprites look (in a bitmap editor) but how would I change the name and description of say, for example, the mimiga mask. Instead of saying "Mimiga Mask" when you view it in the inventory to something else and change "A mimiga mask Sue's mother mother made. It's a bit big..." to "insert description here". Does this require assembly do do? Simple hex editing? Simple TSC edit?

Thanks for your help!

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I don't know if this is just an extreme newbie or extra-horrible spot checking...

...Uhm... Cave Editor...? ArmsItem...? Far right...?

In other words, simple TSC editing, as the ArmsItem is the script that governs all the items and descriptions.
And stuff.

Find the item and description you're wanting to change and... change it.

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Re: I don't know if this is just an extreme newbie or extra-horrible spot checking...

Thanks...that was a noob question on my part. I just was over thinking things and thought it required something that I didn't know about, like assembly. Thanks for the help!

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:31 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Does anyone know the max distance covered by entity 46 "horizantalvvertical trig"? I thought it stretched across the entire map at first, but apparently not.

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's actually just a square that follows you, and it stops if it hits an obstacle. If you draw something in the upper-left of NpcSym I believe you can watch it.

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yep, it stretches as far as it can without running into an obstacle. If yours isn't stretching as far as it should, you may have an obstacle in the way. Also, as noxid said, the object follows you around, and it doesn't move infinitely fast, so if it starts too far away from you, it might not reach you fast enough.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM
I don't anymore.
So if I put something at 0'0' I'll see it move. That's cool. Thanks for telling me.

While I'm here, is it possible for an entity to check for collision with another entity? I already know which ones will do it if it would need to test for collision with a specific entity.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Absolutely not.
Only bullets and the player.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
'twould require major assembly hax methinks. There is no built-in npc-npc collision detection. In one case (namely the falling spikes in "egg corridor?") the npc actually generates a short range bullet in front of it, which is why those spikes can damage enemies as well as you.

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM
I don't anymore.
Creative solution. It is a falling object that starts at the ceiling And falls untill it hits the moving wather entity. If the object had a bullet attatched tp the bottom of it, which checks for colision but does no damage. How does that sound?

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You could make it work, but it would possibly require some clever hacking. Not as difficult as adding entity-entity collision by far though.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:59 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I searched this over in the Search Function, and it seemed no one has asked this question, and if they have, then I am terrible sorry for asking it again.
How do you make more face pictures?

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM
I don't anymore.
Just make the image bigger. I believe each face pic is 48x48 pixels. But it has to be expanded downwords.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:39 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Inserting custom music doesn't work for me

Okay, by this point I'm beyond pissed. :awesomeface: I downloaded Resource Hacker like I was told to, followed every instruction literally TO THE LETTER, and I can't get it to even change the file IN Resource Hacker, let alone in the saved EXE; it simply refuses to change the file in any way, shape, or form. Now, everything I've tried to do for the past 3 days or so has either had no effect of has gone horribly wrong, so by now, I'm ready to say screw it. Can someone else do this for me before I kill the next person I see in blind rage? ;)
I'm trying to replace Running Hell (HELL) with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?0b6n2g73e7gj3dn
and Last Battle (LSTBTL, I think) with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?x5ct4k7aj7eccaa
Resource Hacker: http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/
The EXE file I (poorly) modified to allow for having (nearly) every weapon at once: http://www.mediafire.com/?p78fv5j4h0979rs
If possible, can this be done soon? I'm trying to make a Sacred Grounds video for Youtube, and I'd like to have this music included.

EDIT: Whoops. Wrong board... I think.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Re: Inserting custom music doesn't work for me

Is it set to read only?

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:08 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Re: Inserting custom music doesn't work for me

Vercci said:
Is it set to read only?
The EXE file? If it was, then I don't think Sue's Workshop would have worked on it, and it did.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
I'm also good at breaking things, though, so...

As probably unhelpful as this is, I would like to point out that there are times the EXE just seems to break.
I've successfully inserted music before, but at the same time, some of the songs broke. One became basically 'void', playing it would result in simply replaying the last song that was told to run.

I'll try manually adding these songs and see if it's your EXE/the songs themselves, though, and to refresh my memory on how it works.
Well, I would, but you simply linked your EXE three times instead of any .org files.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM
Re: I'm also good at breaking things, though, so...

VoidMage_Lowell said:
As probably unhelpful as this is, I would like to point out that there are times the EXE just seems to break.
I've successfully inserted music before, but at the same time, some of the songs broke. One became basically 'void', playing it would result in simply replaying the last song that was told to run.

I'll try manually adding these songs and see if it's your EXE/the songs themselves, though, and to refresh my memory on how it works.
Well, I would, but you simply linked your EXE three times instead of any .org files.
I did? *snrk* What'd I tell ya? Can't do anything right lately. Fixed.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Flandre's also the only one I really know...

Well, it worked for me.
Just to recap on anything incase you might've slipped up without realizing it {You did mess up those links...}:
When you selected "Replace Resource", you made ORG the resource type, HELL/whatever Last Battle is as the Resource Name, and the last bit blank?
Running as Admin may or may not help, I did it anyways.
Also, rather nice ORG...

EDIT:
If you still can't get it for some odd reason, I guess I can upload a properly fixed version tomorrow...
lololfail, I didn't read that first post right whatsoever. Blame the craptastic lag I get this time of night...
...Which made a goddamn 1.6 MB file take 20 minutes to upload...

Here's the edited, just don't ask anything else of me tonight, because I must leave before I break something from the frustration of this horrid lag.