May 30, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Actually, doors can be any Event you want, but they'll usually be close to Event 0100 if you just copy and paste... {I think one of my doors is an Event 0700}
Also, if you want that to be just a regular door script, that Flag Jump command is unnecessary... {And will screw you up, if you switch that flag on}

And don't forget, door scripts kinda come in two parts, as the other half will be in the map it's leading to {The Event that's triggered is dictated by the <TRA}, which usually handles music change, fade in, map name display, and other things. {Cut-scenes and/or map changes, for example}

Anyways, as I keep saying, looking through the original script is a lot easier for learning simple things like doors, chests, dialogue, etc...

May 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Upaa said:
Well, doors are usually events 100 to 103. You need to place a door (Sprite 18), copy event 100/101/etc from the door script in a map that leads to your preferred destination, click edit flags and then click 'Call Event on action'. As long as you script event 100 to lead you to where you want it to, and make the door's event 100, it should work.

Edit:
The script for a door is:
<KEY<SOU0011<ANP0100:0000:0002
<FAO0000<FLJ1534:0101
<CMU0024<TRA0000:0090:0019:0021

Change <TRA0000 to include the map number for the destination. For example, if you want the door to lead to Grasstown, change it to <TRA0006 and if you want it to lead to Yamashita farm, change it to <TRA0017
Thanks. but i think you can use more than just event 100 101 ect. also i use my own maps. i just delete all the original maps. :) PS: does the <TRA0000 mean level number. Example: i have the mimiga village (new version). and i have a door leading to balrog's house which is number 44. then do i put TRA0044? if so tell me

May 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
sonic6335 said:
Thanks. but i think you can use more than just event 100 101 ect. also i use my own maps. i just delete all the original maps. :)
Wait, what? You deleted all of them?
How will you go back and learn and/or copy and paste from them?
Unless you've kept an original copy. =D
Deleting those rooms would fix the only problem CE has, though :D {The Backgrounds not appearing for rooms over number 94}

Also, you guys should probably check through these files, incase you somehow missed the basic stuff like TSC and NPC .txts....
These, along with looking through the original script, should help. A lot.

To sonic:
The first part of the <TRA tells the map number it leads to, then the Event it runs when you get there, then the X position, and finally the Y position that you start at.
Seriously, look through the TSC commands list, it tells you how every commands work and what all the numbers mean :D

May 31, 2009 at 1:41 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Wait, what? You deleted all of them?
How will you go back and learn and/or copy and paste from them?
Unless you've kept an original copy. =D
Deleting those rooms would fix the only problem CE has, though :D {The Backgrounds not appearing for rooms over number 94}

Also, you guys should probably check through these files, incase you somehow missed the basic stuff like TSC and NPC .txts....
These, along with looking through the original script, should help. A lot.

To sonic:
The first part of the <TRA tells the map number it leads to, then the Event it runs when you get there, then the X position, and finally the Y position that you start at.
Seriously, look through the TSC commands list, it tells you how every commands work and what all the numbers mean :D
yes i do keep a copy. but anyway thanks. PS: is the TSC commands list for Sue's Workshop too?

May 31, 2009 at 1:49 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Yeah..

sonic6335 said:
yes i do keep a copy. but anyway thanks. PS: is the TSC commands list for Sue's Workshop too?
Yeah...
The TSC commands are the code of Cave Story itself.
Both editors use them in scripting...

May 31, 2009 at 2:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks man. but all the versions of sue's workshop are dead. 0.3C has a "can't load tileset" error While the other has a "can't load map" error and you can't exit it (you have to click alt, ctrl, and delete or restart) i need a older or newer version. unless you fix it. and cave editor is complicated.

May 31, 2009 at 2:12 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

sonic6335 said:
Thanks man. but all the versions of sue's workshop are dead. 0.3C has a "can't load tileset" error While the other has a "can't load map" error and you can't exit it (you have to click alt, ctrl, and delete or restart) i need a older or newer version. unless you fix it. and cave editor is complicated.
SP or someone else who uses SW will have to come over here and help you with that, I only use CE...
And how's CE complicated? It's pretty easy, once you work with it long enough...

May 31, 2009 at 2:27 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
SP or someone else who uses SW will have to come over here and help you with that, I only use CE...
And how's CE complicated? It's pretty easy, once you work with it long enough...
i dont use CE because i'll have to learn ALL the things that are on the events.
anyway what happend to SW 0.3? maybe that will work.

May 31, 2009 at 2:32 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Huh?

sonic6335 said:
i dont use CE because i'll have to learn ALL the things that are on the events.
anyway what happend to SW 0.3? maybe that will work.
Whaddya mean "ALL the things on the events"?
Do you mean the TSC commands? Because both editors use those...
And CE even pulls up a TSC list whenever you do script writing :D

And, I don't know what happened to SW 0.3...
Is it down, like CE was...? O.o;

May 31, 2009 at 2:36 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Whaddya mean "ALL the things on the events"?
Do you mean the TSC commands? Because both editors use those...
And CE even pulls up a TSC list whenever you do script writing :D

And, I don't know what happened to SW 0.3...
Is it down, like CE was...? O.o;
i mean like...
SW has the objects thingy and you could see the name.
CE has the sprite number input and you put in a number and then it shows the sprite name.
atleast thats what my version does

May 31, 2009 at 2:38 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Oo oh

sonic6335 said:
i mean like...
SW has the objects thingy and you could see the name.
CE has the sprite number input and you put in a number and then it shows the sprite name.
Oh, you're talking about having to memorize the sprite numbers?
Psh, you don't need to.
If you look in the files link I put up a few posts back, there's an NPC.txt I said you guys should check out.
It lists all of the sprites in CS and their respective numbers.
Just use Find to locate the sprite's name, and then you can just type in the number that's next to it :D

May 31, 2009 at 2:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Oh, you're talking about having to memorize the sprite numbers?
Psh, you don't need to.
If you look in the files link I put up a few posts back, there's an NPC.txt I said you guys should check out.
It lists all of the sprites in CS and their respective numbers.
Just use Find to locate the sprite's name, and then you can just type in the number that's next to it :D
Ive got cave editor. but here is hopefully the last problem i'll have.
i click add map. i name it and choose tileset, all that stuff, then when i click ok it says
".\data\Stage\Start point.pxm was not found"

May 31, 2009 at 3:01 AM
Been here way too long...
that has nothing to do with cave editor.
why did you delete the pxm?
just copy it over from cs

May 31, 2009 at 3:03 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Lace said:
that has nothing to do with cave editor.
why did you delete the pxm?
just copy it over from cs
this is a custom map ive made. not one from CS.

May 31, 2009 at 3:06 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
New maps

sonic6335 said:
i click add map. i name it and choose tileset, all that stuff, then when i click ok it says
The easiest thing to do when creating a new map is to simply copy an old one that's close enough to the one you have planned.
All of the files required for the levels will then be created, and then all you have to do is delete/change the entities, fix the script, change the sprite sheets, maybe change the tileset, change the map itself, etc.
Making a new map is harder, for some reason :D
Coping and then editing? Now that's easy =D

May 31, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
sonic6335 said:

That's simply because the "New map" feature in CaveEditor is broken, and simply won't work. Not that hard to get around though, as Lowell pointed out. Copying maps is your best bet (actually, using existing maps and just editing them IS your best bet, if you have 94 maps already.)

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:48 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
How do I use events so that when you go out of the first cave to mimiga village, then go back for the spur, there are monsters everywhere? Cause now there are hardly any (Which I want)but when you decide to come back later in the game for the spur, there are the same monsters! How can I make it so when you come back later in the game, there are more monsters? Does it have anything to do with flags? Thanks in advance!

The spur is that beam weapon you get after
getting the booster and rescuing or leaving curly.
But I'm sure you all know that.

EDIT:page 20...O_O

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
@Plow first of all, thank you for using the correct thread
this assumes that you're using sw
select the enemy in question, then "Edit flags"
input some number into the FlagID box between 1 and 8000 that isn't being used for other flags, lets call it XXXX
tick "NPC is visible if >FlagID< is set"
now in the event you recieve your weapon you need to add in a <FL+XXXX somewhere
note that if the enemies in question should appear on the same map as your weapon, you will need to use <CNP. try not to create monsters on screen though, because it can look odd and/or ugly

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
What does CNP do? Spawn monsters?
What I meant was when you go back for the spur. Not when you get it.
When you
Fly with the booster to go to the first cave located in mimiga village.
Then when you go in there I want more enemy's and the like. So it will be harder to get the spur cause it's very easy to beat the game with it. So I want it hard to get.
Thanks for trying to answer me. Yes, I know that I have to use this thread for hacking questions....

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Been here way too long...
it's the same deal, just put the fl+xxxx when you get booster 2.0 or whatever.