Mar 14, 2016 at 8:25 PM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
Yes, this is true.

Also how do I edit the invincibility timer? The address in Noxid's assembly compendium (049E6C8) just sends me to a fuckton of ADD BYTE PTR DS:[EAX],AL.
I thought I told you about the variables already... Right click and select 'Find references to selected command.' I thought you were pretty good at asm...
That's the RAM address, not the address where the invincibility timer is set. Basically, the "invincibility timer" variable exists at all times, and is stored at [49E6C8]. You'll want to look for where in the executable the game actually sets a value to [49E6C8].
Hey GIR can you tell me how you rewrote the tileset? I sorta want some custom tiles in my mod and can't get started.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey GIR can you tell me how you rewrote the tileset? I sorta want some custom tiles in my mod and can't get started.

I'm not sure how I actually wrote the code to handle the slopes (I can't find any source files for it), but in my notes I do have this:

46a940 - NEW slope roof / bullet
46aa2a - NEW slope roof \ bullet
46ab10 - NEW slope floor \ bullet
46abfd - NEW slope floor / bullet

So if you're willing to open up WTF Story with olly debug, you can take a look at the code yourself. Other than that I don't really know.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Catz R cool
"..."
I'm not sure how I actually wrote the code to handle the slopes (I can't find any source files for it), but in my notes I do have this:

46a940 - NEW slope roof / bullet
46aa2a - NEW slope roof \ bullet
46ab10 - NEW slope floor \ bullet
46abfd - NEW slope floor / bullet

So if you're willing to open up WTF Story with olly debug, you can take a look at the code yourself. Other than that I don't really know.
I don't need the 45 degree slopes; I wanted to make the blocks that you can jump through and stand on top. I also wanted a mix between the tiles 44 and 41; Only entities configured to go through tile 44 can go through, NOTHING else can.

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:24 AM
"Huzzah!"
Speaking of posts, the thread just hit 7000

Too bad modding is dead huh :awesomeface:

Eh, I would say that it's just slowed down. Not many new releases lately.

I mean...

I'm working on a mod.
zxin is working on 2 mods.
Miccs, uh... don't know where Colour Story is going...
Thomas Xin, i'm ASSUMING is working on a mod, what with all the modding questions.

And i'm sure others are working on there mods in secret.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2016 at 3:40 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Eh, I would say that it's just slowed down. Not many new releases lately.

And i'm sure others are working on there mods in secret.

The last mod created that was decent was... uhhh.

Zarro's Jenka's Nightmare and Video Game. (unless Dreams of Reality 2 came out after JNR?)

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:58 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
how do you change a map's size in BL?

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:23 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The last mod created that was decent was... uhhh.

Zarro's Jenka's Nightmare and Video Game. (unless Dreams of Reality 2 came out after JNR?)
nobody even commented on my sweet new HHsR release, it has to totally suck :V

people just don't seem to put effort in their mods nowadays, though

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM
Its dark in here

New release of hhsr? Time to stop living under a rock and kill ghosts, skulls and other spooks

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:46 AM
Catz R cool
"..."

I tried that mod; that was quite good, but some things (like the ghosts and the double jumping skulls) were really dodgy. Also since it's a haunted house, maybe you could implement lighting into the mod to make it seem more haunted.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:47 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I tried that mod; that was quite good, but some things (like the ghosts and the double jumping skulls) were really dodgy. Also since it's a haunted house, maybe you could implement lighting into the mod to make it seem more haunted.
that's a good idea I never bothered to touch (yet?)
right now I'm working on making it more balanced in terms of general gameplay

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:38 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Miccs, uh... don't know where Colour Story is going...
Tbh I'm just mainly working on it when I have nothing else to do, partly because of the fact that I still need to come up with ideas for some things.
So I can't say I work much on it.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:29 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I don't know if this is quite the right place to ask, but I was wondering something. How do you change the graphics for Cave Story+? I made a sprite for my brother in the style, and I was wondering how hard it would be to have it replace Quote's sprite at some point, at least for a personal cosmetic change. Is it possible to change the palette so it would fit alright, or is it easier than I'm thinking? owo; I didn't see this answered anywhere, so I thought to ask here, so anyone else that doesn't know can see the answer, too.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:04 AM
War criminal
To get more out of zxin's answer, you need to use an image editing software (Paint or Paint.NET works), open MyChar.bmp, and replace whichever spriteset (each of them are 352x64 pixels) with the one you want to use.

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:37 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
To get more out of zxin's answer, you need to use an image editing software (Paint or Paint.NET works), open MyChar.bmp, and replace whichever spriteset (each of them are 352x64 pixels) with the one you want to use.
Oooooh, okay--so it's as easy as I imagined it was? owo I made this new sprite in the same size range as Quote, so it should fit in okay, I think. Do I have to worry about the colors, or anything, since I used some colors that may not be present in the default image?

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:47 AM
Its dark in here
Oooooh, okay--so it's as easy as I imagined it was? owo I made this new sprite in the same size range as Quote, so it should fit in okay, I think. Do I have to worry about the colors, or anything, since I used some colors that may not be present in the default image?
If you're worried about colors, then just make a new bitmap that's the same size as the old one, copy paste onto new one. Save new one as old one. And you can use any color you like.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you're worried about colors, then just make a new bitmap that's the same size as the old one, copy paste onto new one. Save new one as old one. And you can use any color you like.
Ooh, that sounds pretty easy, I think--thank you, George, I'll give this a shot, and see if it works! 8D

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Catz R cool
"..."
Mar 17, 2016 at 4:03 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
No, that's the executable header. You shouldn't modify it.