Play as Curly Patch

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:02 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Is that the same Sue that when you rescue, saying "Yes" to did you save her; she flips saying she could have beaten up that monster ;)

You could be right though, although I'd imagine in that case Sue is using that word as a minor insult, as a kid would do when acting tough.

EDIT: Well actually saying boy, makes sense; she wouldn't say when's that man or that male getting here... she could have said that guy but it sounds more correct as boy...

Maybe the best way to judge is by looking at the illustrations... and comparing them to the ones you can easily figure out their age
Oye...!!!! What am I doing... SLEEP!!! *Snore*

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Also the same Sue that claims that her brother (who looks much older) has never beaten her (which I'm really hoping that means in a fight o_o) ;)

Jun 16, 2007 at 11:54 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I didn't know it was possible to judge the age of cartoon characters. Due to deformed proportions and all that.

Hey xristosx, do you play Red Orchestra? I think I remember seeing someone with that name in the game.

Jun 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
I didn't know it was possible to judge the age of cartoon characters. Due to deformed proportions and all that.

Hey xristosx, do you play Red Orchestra? I think I remember seeing someone with that name in the game.
hmmm thats weird i've never played that.... and for that matter my name is very unique i dont think any one would be using it

.... i need to copy right it ;)

Jun 16, 2007 at 2:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Chaddykins, i actually changed it to when is that girl getting here.

anyway there is no debating, quote and curly are designed to look like minors. now they are robots so they can be 21948902852 years old (which they arnt they cant be any older than 15 years considering the last war was 10 years ago, quote woke up weeks after the doctor got the crown and i dont think the old war toke more than a couple of years)

but there is no real debate. its very clear that they are minors. now if they are 8 or 14 is another issue.

finally, grammatically, there is no way sue would call a grown man boy. also Booster calls quote boy. "you did it my boy!" which i think i changed to "my girl"

anyway.

Jun 16, 2007 at 5:19 PM
Slacker
We'll never know for a fact, cause Pixel will never tell us, at least I get the impression that he'll never tell us due to him leaving all unanswered stuff to the player's imagination.

Jun 16, 2007 at 6:53 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Chaddykins said:
We'll never know for a fact, cause Pixel will never tell us, at least I get the impression that he'll never tell us due to him leaving all unanswered stuff to the player's imagination.

Well, this doesn't mean it is unanswered... :p

Jun 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
anyway there is no debating
but there is no real debate. its very clear that they are minors.
I'd say it could be debateable, if the age of a minor is less than 18 or even 16: Curly had no problem raising the Korons like family, her body in illustrations looks developed, and although there is no full profile illustration by Pixel of Curly that I know of,
p12610-0-balrog.jpg

now they are robots so they can be 21948902852 years old (which they arnt they cant be any older than 15 years considering the last war was 10 years ago, quote woke up weeks after the doctor got the crown and i dont think the old war toke more than a couple of years)
Where does it say Quote and Curly were created specifically for and when the race to the Demon Crown took place? All I recall reading, is that they were sent to destroy the Crown... [Even I don't think Curly and Quote could be Twenty One billion, nine-hundred and fourty-eight million, nine hundred and two thousand, eight hundred and fifty-two years old...! now as for Jenka...! [Glowing Red Eyes appear behind me] uh oh...]

finally, grammatically, there is no way sue would call a grown man boy. also Booster calls quote boy. "you did it my boy!" which i think i changed to "my girl"
No way? Humans don't always follow their own rules :p [especially with grammar]
For Booster to say "you did it my boy!" sounds normal; What's the famous saying in Star Wars... "You did it kid! that was one in a million..."
And women are known to call grown men, little boys and their toys...

Just one more thing to add... When I ask strangers in person how old do they think I am, I get answers like 16? 18? I'm actually almost 25! So, I agree with Chaddykins, we're stuck with our imagination (till we force Pixel to be fluent in english and make him a member of this fourm..!) Still, it's fun to try to guess all these things :p

Well, this doesn't mean it is unanswered... :p
Somebody needs to make Encyclopedia Cavestoria!

Jun 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I always wondered where the missiles came out of balrog.

Jun 16, 2007 at 9:30 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hammer space.

Edit: Gnnnh! Curse you standard forum layout! Now my short and snappy reply looks awkward!

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:26 PM
Slacker
Not to mention the bubbles that appear during the 2nd encounter.

Jun 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
im pretty sure its called mallet space.

but no no there is no debate that quote and curly are children. now are they teens or are they young children- sure whatever. but definitely not grown up adults or even young adults.

in any case. i love my patch. my patch rocks.

Jun 17, 2007 at 3:02 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Judging by the cartoony style, *I* could see them being designed to look like young 21 year olds or so. He doesn't seem to be that much shorter than Kazuma, maybe a head shorter at most, which really isn't that significant considering the wide range of heights people can be. Plus Curly has boobies.

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm surprised that no one's noticed this yet, but you know when you save Sue at the Egg Corridor? When she leaves she talks about words on your cap, but I don't see any pictures of Curly with a hat on, only Quote has one. Maybe the text could be changed to something else, like her shirt?

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM
good point.thanks for that- im going to have to update the text now to like words on your shirt or something. if anyone else noticed text disceptiencies (spl?) please tell me.

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Slacker
I hope you changed the part where Curly(Quote in this patch) regains her(his) memory and remembers Quote's(Curly's) name.