New screenshots of Cave Story 3D

May 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Merlinoboy?

May 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Both those On to Grasstown previews ends just where the good part of the tune begins. I'm disappointed. -__-

/Off-topic
BTW I finally got able to make and upload videos! Want so see some Kirbyvania footage while waiting forCS 3D?

May 27, 2011 at 6:13 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Nicalis just posted a preview of the remixed Mimiga Village theme:

http://nicalis.com/mimiga_village.mp3

Sounds pretty groovy. I like what I'm hearing so far from the redone soundtrack.

May 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Everything sounds so techno...
But not in a bad way.
(How will pulse sound?)

May 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
oh god that music sounds so great
and hell maybe they'll fix up the backgrounds so they don't look like total shit

getting sort of excited over here

May 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Hey.
The music sounds like it'll match pretty well with everything, though they don't add as much as the Wii ones did. (Not necessarily a bad thing)

It's really great.

May 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Well the music is a lot better than the wii version,
I actually pretty like this version!

May 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM
no offence but i dont think cave story 3d will be a seller you can just get the original for free and we all know where that is lol

yes the graphics look like a good 3d game but i dont think it looks good quote just looks to big headded (litrelly) he has a huge head and in 3d...

May 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Could barely understand what you were trying to say...

I think the remix sounds pretty good, remember this is like a Cave Story "remix" game. Also, they're adding new levels/secrets (maybe a new ending if we're very lucky). I have high hopes for this game.

May 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Well, I'd buy it just because it is portable AND has all the Wii bonuses. BUT there's probably at least one new level. It's Wind Fortress, which is one of the unused tracks (and my favorite of them). So it's definetly worth buying over tge DSiware version.
(It helps that I actually kinda like the "shit" backgrounds a few complain about.)

May 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I gotta agree with 100killer9 on this one, the backgrounds haven't been an issue for me.I actually welcome new designs to areas like Mimiga Town and Grasstown, I've seem the old ones enough times.
Plus, it's meant to be a complete makeover, using the old backgrounds would be lame.

May 30, 2011 at 4:29 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
I'm totally open to new designs just the way that they interpreted it is really not gelling with me

May 31, 2011 at 1:51 PM
they made ....3d....grapics.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why couldnt they still have the 2D aspects of the game?! I mean Ive seen a tailer and they look like they have been done animal crossing style! its a discrase to the Cave Story race!! :D <--- not happy :awesomeface:

May 31, 2011 at 2:16 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
When I saw the screen shot's...I originally thought that it was going to be crap. But when I saw a quick Game play in Mimiga village I thought it might not be that bad. But i still think they are going to ruin the classic style of the game. I liked the wii version because that didn't ruin it. But I wouldn't waste my money on this...

May 31, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
I swear to god if you had said "these screenshots are kick ass" I don't even know what I would do

May 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
cultr1 said:
I swear to god if you had said "these screenshots are kick ass" I don't even know what I would do

LMAO xD haha

May 31, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
3d Cave Story, I await the day when someone decides to start that project. :muscledoc:

I just thought it was funny since the post was made in 2007. *gets shot*

May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Picto-Curly said:
they made ....3d....grapics.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why couldnt they still have the 2D aspects of the game?! I mean Ive seen a tailer and they look like they have been done animal crossing style! its a discrase to the Cave Story race!! :muscledoc: <--- not happy :D

Wat? Cave Story 3D is nothing like Animal Crossing. It's 2.5D, which means the graphics are 3D, but the way you play is 2D.

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Picto-Curly said:
they made ....3d....grapics.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why couldnt they still have the 2D aspects of the game?! I mean Ive seen a tailer and they look like they have been done animal crossing style! its a discrase to the Cave Story race!! :) <--- not happy :(

What is a "Cave Story race," anyway?
Though pixel is a nazi, what with his aryan heros and big-nosed final boss...
(Seriously, this is a bit overly negative. You're complaining that they're taking advantage of 3D in a system called the 3DS. Really.)

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Creating A Legacy...
At the end of the day guys, If you wanna play Cave story, Then go to the downloads section and download it. The game is perfect as it is.

Yes we would all like to see it high res and in 3D for the sake of seeing how people would interpret-ate it. The fact is we all have our own ideas of how Cave story 3D Should be, and Nicalis cant make everyone smile.
They can try there best to satisfy a large audience but there will allways be people who think "Heh, I would of done that differently"
But thats good! That's your imagination of how it should be!

Just dont hate so much peeps, They cant satisfy everyone. I remember a couple of years back we were all like "If they ever made Cave Strory 3D I'd jizz my pants"
And yet people moan when they havnt even played it yet..
Give it a chance? Support Pixel?
I mean your even getting a WHOLE New Area/Level from the beta stages, I mean how much more generous could Pixel and Nicalis be?

Sorry for the rage, I really am. It just appears everytime Pixel works with Nicalis we just tear it apart and forget the whole meaning of why we played Cave Story in the first place and half of you actually are "Jizzing in your pants" about this game but don't want to sound like an outsider, So just agree with peoples whining.