Music Requests Thread

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Honestly I don't know if you ever do second requests. Hell, in my first post, I was just expecting you to do one song, but you did both. So I'm just going on a limb here. Also this ORG request is actually going to be used for my mod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-k_qK4puw

Yep, the website version (1) of the main theme of Cave Story. I don't know if you've played my mod, but I'm intending it to be more slower-paced than the original, plus it takes place in the world of Cave Story, so it still fits. I'll just let you handle this any way you want if you accept this second request.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Carrotlord said:
Male Silverware Person? (???)

Anyway, Otemoto are you offering vocalization lessons for anyone?
I always thought "otemoto" meant "chopsticks".

And no, I don't teach vocalization, sorry. I don't sing much (because I suck too), but I'm onto music theory.

And @JonSpider, Sure, I'll add that to my request queue. Feel free.

Bump.

X-Calibar's request is done.

And BTW, I do accept ORIGINAL COMPOSITIONS request. You just tell me how you want your music to sound like. I do not require you to have to specify time-signatures, key-signatures, etc., but at least make it at least specific and workable.

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"

Otemoto... I have to say... I can't thank you enough!

I can't stop grinning as I listen to the org~It's very awesome...

You will definitely be credited in the mod! <3

(And actually I have many more I will need to do ... 30+ ideally lol. Just to get an idea, how long did that particular song take to transcribe?)

Would you like your orgs posted in youtube videos for ease of sharing with others?

I need to try to reinstall capture software first though...

Happy new year otemoto-dansei-ningen~ oh, and would love to hear some original songs of yours too~

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
... Can't hurt to ask, can it? Even if it's a bit... overkill or something...?

Critical Drive

Vampire Killer

Aqua Wish

Happy new year, otemoto-dansei-ningen!

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
X-Calibar said:
Otemoto... I have to say... I can't thank you enough!

I can't stop grinning as I listen to the org~It's very awesome...
You will definitely be credited in the mod! <3

(And actually I have many more I will need to do ... 30+ ideally lol. Just to get an idea, how long did that particular song take to transcribe?)

Would you like your orgs posted in youtube videos for ease of sharing with others?
I need to try to reinstall capture software first though...

Happy new year otemoto-dansei-ningen~ oh, and would love to hear some original songs of yours too~
Thank you very much. If you were to add my time actually transcribing the music, it would take about a few hours but I'm not pretty sure. I don't usually record my time. Transcribing thirty songs would obviously take lots of time. Maybe giving me several should suffice for completing all of those (given the fact that I am mostly busy since school starts again here).

It's up to you if you want to post the ORG files I made.

And just check out the Show off your orgs thread if you want to see my originals.
Shane said:
... Can't hurt to ask, can it? Even if it's a bit... overkill or something...?

Happy new year, otemoto-dansei-ningen!
No problem. Will add the songs to my queue.

And yes, Happy New Year, too, guys :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I'm not making a mod but I want to test out that original track thing you said. Can you write a song meant to be a dramatic end, like the final hours in majora's mask.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I'll try the original thing if its not too much. Can you make it sound like a boss theme, for each time you fight a boss?

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Bump.

recolorme and HyMyNameIsMatt's requests are done.

BTW, the reason why I split the requests into two is that I find it easier to make original composition than transcribing.

And since I'm back to school, I won't be around often, but I'll try to catch up to my pending requests, so don't worry :D

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I don't anymore.
I am a happy Matt.

The song is well composed, though I do think you might wanna start trying to get a bit more emotional range in the your music. I haven't heard some of your other stuff though, I just thought this would have benefited a bit from it.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Wow! This is really nice! Thank you! It kinda sounds dark for a boss theme.

(TBH I was expecting something upbeat and fast. I guess I should've been more specific. >_>)

Even though it wasn't living up to my expectations, it's still really great! Very nicely done

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wow, this is a very generous thing of you to do.

So are we also allowed to request that you do a specific song and are you willing to follow specific guidelines that we dictate?
And would you be offended if I either took a while, or never got around to putting said org into said mod?
Or does it not matter at all whether or not said user wants to use it in a mod?

I usually try to be as independent as I can with this sort of stuff, but since I'm awful at copying notes by ear, I just might place some requests.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dunno. Maybe he means remix the two together somehow. If they don't share any useful chords, that might be very difficult. (TPDD Error)

This is a song dedicated to my university's Java 7 Computer Science class:

I think it would be wonderful to hear it in Organya.

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM
HaydenStudios said:
Wow, this is a very generous thing of you to do.

So are we also allowed to request that you do a specific song and are you willing to follow specific guidelines that we dictate?
And would you be offended if I either took a while, or never got around to putting said org into said mod?
Or does it not matter at all whether or not said user wants to use it in a mod?

I usually try to be as independent as I can with this sort of stuff, but since I'm awful at copying notes by ear, I just might place some requests.

It doesn't matter whether the requester wants to use it in a mod. I'll take requests as long as I am credited, and that's all I ask.

Also, I encourage requesters to make their requests as specific as possible. I'm very OK with the guidelines, given they are clear enough.

Carrotlord said:
Dunno. Maybe he means remix the two together somehow. If they don't share any useful chords, that might be very difficult. (TPDD Error)

This is a song dedicated to my university's Java 7 Computer Science class:
<youtube>

I think it would be wonderful to hear it in Organya.

Hey, I'm also a Computer Science student :D

I'll ad the request to the queue -- Request ticket {11}.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, let's get down to this.

1) The Rescue 911 jingle.

This one should be pretty darn quick. Really all I want from this is the music from the first few seconds of the video, and an adaptation of it into org that sounds as close to the original as possible.

2) Round 1

3) Bullfight

Both from the Red vs. Blue S9 soundtrack, and music I'd like to use org remixes of in my mod if I get far enough, and whose existence would motivate me to make progress. You can have the first 1:33 be one song, and the remainder of the video be an entire nother file.

4) On Your Knees

5) Maniacs

You can have the first 2:09 of the video be its own song, and the remainder be its own as well, then that would be nice. And also to try and make them sound as close to the original as possible.

For the song on the second half, I would prefer it if that last note that the song would end by fading out from the note that starts at about 3:46/3:47, rather than repeating it several times.

6) Autobot/Decepticon Battle

I have a severely incomplete version here, but that's all the midi gave me. I would be grateful if you could complete it. Even for the part that exists, there are a couple of missing tracks, and the main guitar track isn't right. And it would be appreciated if you could fix anything else that is currently done improperly. Also, I would like for you to basically skip all of the song in between approximately 1:33 and 2:10, making it a good transition that seems natural as between 1:33 and 1:34. And then please continue to the end.

7) Burly Brawl

I would appreciate it if you could make an org remix of this sounding as close to this as possible, except pretty much skip from somewhere around 1:26 to about 1:54, and I don't plan on using anything past 4:43, but if you want to be an over achiever, then go ahead an add the rest of it.

8) The Touch

It would be nice if you could make an org remix of this song. If your only motive for making this would be to suit my needs for if I end up being a dedicated enough modder to get around to using this, then you'd probably be wasting your time making anything far beyond 1:35, as I would probably make it loop back to near the beginning. But I won't stop you from doing the whole thing if you want to. You could just make it go until the end of the first verse and loop back to near the beginning, if you want to spend less time.

So! I know this is a tall order, so I won't be in any rush, seeing as how it will still be some time before I even get around to using the first one, but if you could do those, then I would be grateful. I might make some tweaks to whatever you might cook up, but it wouldn't be as much effort on my part as it would be of yours to actually transcribe them. One last thing. I think one of your songs used a drum that is not supported by the Cave Story engine. When fulfilling my requests, please ensure that drum tracks 1 through 6 are configured as Bass 1, Snare 1, HiClose, HiOpen, Tom1, and Per1 respectively, and that the seventh and eighth drum tracks are not used.

So this is a huge undertaking, but you said make requests, so I'm making requests :D

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I don't anymore.
Whoa whoa hayden. That is NOT enough work for someone.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Perhaps he needs a donate button @_@
Also! My computer is reinstalled, so should be able to make some videos for the orgs now...

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM
recolorme's request - ticket number {6}, is complete. See first post.

And as for HaydenStudios' requests:

HaydenStudios said:
{12}
1) The Rescue 911 jingle.

{13}
2) Round 1
3) Bullfight

{14}
4) On Your Knees
5) Maniacs

{15}
6) Autobot/Decepticon Battle
7) Burly Brawl

{16}
8) The Touch

Jan 10, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Okay, I said I would youtube the orgs~ So, I did the first 5 requests and the 2 originals.
Hopefully that's good enough :p I used the orgs in Cave Story+ to record the songs, and added a little random stuff to each video to make it more interesting than a still picture.

Should make it easier for the casual user to check out the songs... Enjoy!

Transcribed :

Originals :

And I have a few requests that are not pressing :D

Gotta run!

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:00 AM
recolorme's request - ticket number {6}, is complete. See first post.
? Did you accidentally upload an early in-progress version? I only see/hear two (long) measures, then silence.