Music Requests Thread

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oh, sorry. Real sorry. I DID upload the prefab song. Anyway, here's the real thing. I also updated the first post.

And BTW, I may need to stop accepting requests for a while when request ticket 20 has been taken.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Was I able to snatch those requests? :D
And sorry I didn't come up with a better idea for youtubing the requests D:

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Yes, you did. I added your requests to the queue.
X-Calibar said:
I didn't come up with a better idea for youtubing the requests D:
Well, it's pretty fine. It's like a pat on the back. My, I do feel good hearing my transcribed songs.

And since you have gotten the 20th ticket,
otemoto-dansei-ningen said:
I may need to stop accepting requests for a while.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just a suggestion, it would be nice if the titles of the songs were posted in the OP so that if we want to download an org you've made, we know which link to click, and won't have to either use trial and error to find the song we're looking for, or look through the thread. Just numbered usernames are a bit ambiguous. For some reason I'm wanting to say you used to have the titles there, but now they aren't there. What ever the case is, it would be nice for them to be there.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
HaydenStudios said:
Just a suggestion, it would be nice if the titles of the songs were posted in the OP so that if we want to download an org you've made, we know which link to click, and won't have to either use trial and error to find the song we're looking for, or look through the thread. Just numbered usernames are a bit ambiguous. For some reason I'm wanting to say you used to have the titles there, but now they aren't there. What ever the case is, it would be nice for them to be there.
I tried them back then, but I considered the request was of more importance that the download.

So yeah, I'm bringing those back.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I liked your orignal compositions. Ah well. Promise me that every once in awhile you'll say screw you to this and write something.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Um, the game over song isn't compatible with Cave Story. I think the Drams are in a different pattern?

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
You will probably require OrgMaker to play the song. The Cave Story engine can't play all types of ORG files, because it isn't designed to use particular types of drums, unless the WAV/ORG hack is applied.

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
I liked your orignal compositions. Ah well. Promise me that every once in awhile you'll say screw you to this and write something.
You can still request compositions. I just closed only the transcribing queue.

And @recolome, I changed it so it would be mod-safe and re-uploaded it. Here it is.

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I don't anymore.
Oh... Well then.

I'd like to hear a song that's both really sinsiter and sad in tone.

Example:

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'd like to request a composition.

I want a song that conveys a powerful feeling or emotion. It doesn't matter to me if it's happy or sad or any of that, just needs to give me a strong feeling. I'm leaving you wide open on this one so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM
JonSpider's request is finished. See first post.

Matt's request {21}
Dunc's {22}

And yes, you can actually suggest titles for your request songs, or you can tell me to generate one, just saying.

Offtopic, but note I prefer uploading mainly on Mediafire when I'm outisde school, else I'll use my SkyDrive because it is blocked. I can't access Mediafire even though I use https; it redirects. Is there any way to access Mediafire, or do you have better file hosts in mind that can be accessed using http/s?

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
JonSpider's request is finished. See first post.
My god Otemoto. I was kinda in a rut after finishing the last demo and trying to make everything for the next iteration, but this theme. THIS THEME. Just all my hnnnnnngggggg.

Translation: It means that you pretty much captured the theme/mood of the original, honestly it seems to be even better when it was transcribed to Organya [well, by your hands anyway]. That last note before the whole song comes in is extremely chilling, I love it. Everything else is just really, really, REALLY great to my ears. This deserves the title of Main Theme, and it just gives me more reason why I will work on, and eventually finish my mod, no matter what, making sure it is a quality game [even if it will break me someday], and I will be damn well sure to give you credit for it.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Can you make a song that sounds kinda like the end of the cave story theme? The jazzy part?

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM
I don't anymore.
I really liked that CS 3D theme, "though it wouldn't have fit in the game" and I really like your transcription. The audio quality it really nice.

EDIT:

Also, can you just always use Skydive? It seems to be like, 20 times faster to download.

We gotta stop using media fire on this forum in general. Someone call Dropbox!

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM
recolorme said:
Can you make a song that sounds kinda like the end of the cave story theme? The jazzy part?
Request number {23}

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dropbox is horrible.

You should buy your own website, and use the hosting plan to host your files.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Dunc's request is complete. See first post. It's as far as I can do. If I have gotten more time to do that, and perhaps more room to think, I can get much deepr than that. But all I got is some love-songish ballad something.

recolorme said:
Please specify the speed. I'm uncertain which song you refer to, maybe one of the menu themes (e.g. Toroko's theme?)

Carrotlord said:
Dropbox is horrible.

You should buy your own website, and use the hosting plan to host your files.
Will do for a few years, when I finish school. I used to think of it in the past, but I decided if I want to make my website and buy a webhost, I'd like to do it (almost) full-time.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Please specify the speed. I'm uncertain which song you refer to, maybe one of the menu themes (e.g. Toroko's theme?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHtWKbR_P-c

1:39 - 2:15

a tempo kinda like the one in the song. it could be a little faster if you like~

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Matt's request is complete. See first post.

And again, I was thinking I'd do it like this:

but then again, it might not be the one that is preferred, so I stuck to the example. I had lots of notes, but anyway it sounded OK IMO.